Quantcast The "Wonder" of it all

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The "Wonder" of it all

OK, my first cruise EVER is coming up quickly! I'll be doing the land/sea package and will be doing the three day cruise. I've been reading about all the things to see and do on the cruise but, what's the "do not miss" things? We will be having dinner @ Palo and getting a couples massage, but what would i regret missing? any help would be wonder-ful
    "If we can dream it, we can do it!"

Walt Lucas

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The sail away celebration, pirate deck party, and the shows!
    1970's Two Stays Contemporary Resort
    5/03 All Star Sports/Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/06 Polynesian/Disney Wonder Cruise
    5/08 Polynesian/Disney Wonder Cruise
    8/10 Disney Magic Mediterranean Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

they have a pirate party on the three day cruises? and do they allow you to wear pirate attaire?

Walt Lucas

Post Thanks / Like

They do have the Pirates IN the Caribbean Party one night. I think it's the night after Nassau...anyway, at dinner that night, everyone gets a pirate bandanna. Our server made each one a different hat at our table. Don't miss the fireworks just after the party really gets going. Words can't describe that!

Also, request a single table to the head waiter on your first night's dining, if you so desire.

DD stayed in the Oceaneer's Lab 90% of the time. If you have kids of any age, be sure to check out the children's program!
    June 1983-Off Site
    June 1991-Fort
    March 1993-Fort
    June 1997-WL (Honeymoon)
    April 2004-AKL
    April 2005-WL
    May 2006-Poly/DCL
    May 2007-Poly/DCL
    May 2008-Poly
    Nov. 2009-Poly
    Nov. 2010-Poly
    Nov. 2011-Poly
    Nov. 2012-Poly
    UPCOMING TRIPS:
    ???
    șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I'm SO EXCITED!!!!

Walt Lucas

Post Thanks / Like

It's been a few years since I sailed with Disney, but if you can still get the shower/spa package that allows you to use the bathrooms, saunas and showers in the spa (was like $30 per day or something like that), I highly recommend it, especially if you are sharing a bathroom with other people in your room. Get up get dressed (lightly) and head to the spa for a steam room/saunas then a wonderful shower under the waterfall heads... amazing. Check it out and see if this is still an option, totally worth the little extra $.

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Post Thanks / Like

sounds great, thank you

Walt Lucas

Post Thanks / Like

We went on the same package that you are going on! It was AMAZING!!! Don't miss all the deck parties also, I went to an art action that was really fun and don't miss "Ladies Night" at the spa. It was about 125.00 (i think) and it was really nice. Let the kids go to the Oceaneer's Club and you get to relax! The Pirate's Party is great and wear your Pirate gear! I would suggest going to the second level for the Sail Away Party. The crowd is HUGE and not too many people think to go upstairs. We also did the Dolphin Excursion on in the Bahamas that was so fun! You will have a blast! Where are you staying for the Land portion of your trip? We stayed at the Poly and WOW WOW WOW it was AWESOME! I am spoiled to Deluxe resorts now. I am afraid I can never go back to Value resorts. HAVE FUN and tell us all about it when you get back!!!!

Michelle
    Polynesian and Wonder 3/14-3/23

Post Thanks / Like

for our land portion, we will be staying at AKL, first time staying there. I have stayed at all star movies and relally enjoyed that. From what i hear, the value resorts are nothing compaired to AKL. We are doing the dining package too. I know the restaurant thread is a different one, but what's your opinion on our choices? Night 1 Boma, Night 2 Cape May, Night 3 Akershus, and night 4 Lecellier.

Walt Lucas

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to thank all who helped me withmy trip. I have to say the Disney Wonder was an amazing ship. We came back Sunday after a 3 day adventure and we've already started planning our next cruise. (3 day wasn't enough) The crew was unbelieveable. They went BEYOND what i expected for service. When i have more time, i will give a full report as to how the trip was but once again, thanks for everyones input

Walt Lucas

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Lucas View Post
    I would like to thank all who helped me withmy trip. I have to say the Disney Wonder was an amazing ship. We came back Sunday after a 3 day adventure and we've already started planning our next cruise. (3 day wasn't enough) The crew was unbelieveable. They went BEYOND what i expected for service. When i have more time, i will give a full report as to how the trip was but once again, thanks for everyones input

Walt I agree!!! We went on Oct. 30th. after a couple of days in WDW and It was amazing!!! It was not the 'relaxing' alternative to WDW I was looking for though. There was just soo much to do and see on the ship that I wasn't getting a whole lot of time to 'kick back' and take it all in. We too feel that three days just simply isn't long enough. We really thought that a couple of days at see would have been great. We're planning a 7 day cruise for next year!
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

same here, we are talking about the 7 day cruise. Between the wine tasting, the high quality Disney stage shows, and the things to see and do in the ports, it was far from boring.
    Oh, and one more thing, the Fireworks at sea were amazing! Just alittle more Disney magic added to a magical trip

Walt Lucas

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: