Quantcast Brett Favre, ughhhh.....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Brett Favre, ughhhh.....

I live near Green Bay and the story in regards to Brett Favre calling the Lions and offering inside info about the Packers offense is all I have heard about for 24 hours.

Favre is denying anything happened while Jay GLazer from Fox, who broke this story and a very reputable reported, is sticking to his story.

This story if true is really going to tarnish Favre's legacy in GB and amongst it's fans. I realize that when a player leaves his team it is common for him to offer insight to his new team when they play the team the player left. This though is totally different. Favre went out of his way to call an opponent in the same division as the Pack and spent over an hour offering up anything he could do to help the Lions. Favre left the Packers on bab terms but this not only hurts the organization, it hurts the players he played and battled alongside and it hurts the fans who have been very supportive of Favre over the years.

I was a Favre fan from the first game against Cincinati until this past summer. I supported him when he struggled his 2nd season and also after many of his crucial mistakes. But I am getting very tired of his childish behavior and unsportsman like antics.

Today on the local talk radio more fans than not who participated in a poll said that Favre's actions since June have made them not want Favre to be associated with the Packers after he retires. Pretty sad considering just a few months ago he was a living legend to almost all who participated in the poll.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't agree more. Favre was probably my favorite nfl player since Bart Starr. I was a huge backer, but have now jumped off the band wagon, and see that the difference between Starr and Favre, is that Bart Starr has class..something I am afraid Favre has shown very little of. I was sad to see him go, and now I wish he would just go away. . . unfortunately if he keeps this cr*p up, #4 may not be in the ring of honor..along side #15.
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

If this story is true, I would be really disgusted with him. I could never imagine him to do something so classless.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Never liked him ... not from day one. I've been saying for as long as anyone would listen that he's a very, very selfish and very, very overrated player.

I'm not at all surprised at the way he's behaved. It's about what I would have expected.

Sal Palantonio picked Favre as his most overrated player of all time and I'd have to agree.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

A local sports radio station was discussing this yesterday, and were debating if the only records Favre will hold when Peyton Manning retires are the most interceptions, and oldest qb to start a game. Vinnie currently holds that record, one Favre doesn't have.
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Mr. Brass Bonanza Guest

Default Jerk

All Favre cares about is himself. He's extremely selfish and had a huge ego. I have no doubt he did this to try and get back at his former team.

I wish no harm to anyone, but I hope someone hits him hard enough for him to say, "enough is enough" because I have certainly had enough of him. Farve thinks it's all about him. The reality is he's not as good as he thinks he is, and the Jets record proves it.

By the end of the year, Matt Cassel is going to be running circles around him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brass Bonanza View Post
    All Favre cares about is himself. He's extremely selfish and had a huge ego. I have no doubt he did this to try and get back at his former team.

I wish no harm to anyone, but I hope someone hits him hard enough for him to say, "enough is enough" because I have certainly had enough of him. Farve thinks it's all about him. The reality is he's not as good as he thinks he is, and the Jets record proves it.

By the end of the year, Matt Cassel is going to be running circles around him.
    Anybody see last nights game ?
    CR 1978
    CR 1983
    CR 1984
    POLY 1996
    POLY 2005
    POLY 2006
    POLY 2007
    POLY 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coach48 View Post
    Anybody see last nights game ?
    No! Why?
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

No reply necessary
    CR 1978
    CR 1983
    CR 1984
    POLY 1996
    POLY 2005
    POLY 2006
    POLY 2007
    POLY 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coach48 View Post
    No reply necessary
    I watched the game and I saw an all around good Jets team that pulled in the reins on Favre to avoid his mistakes. As an ousider it wasn't Favre that won the game, the running game and special teams were the difference. Cassel looked like the better QB and he should have led his team to the win it not for the mistakes the rest of the team made.

I remember quite a few bad plays by Favre in the 2nd half. There was one play on third and medium for example where Favre had Washington in the flat for an easy first down, looked right at him but then looked away and down field for a bigger play. On the play he was either sacked or gained a miniscule yard or two. That killed a crucial drive and could have cost the Jets the game. In the final drive in regulation it was a strong running game where Jones gained 40 yards that get the Jets the go ahead score and on the final drive in OT again it was mainly Jones and Washington.

I've watched at least 1/2 of the Jets games. More than half the games Favre stunk it up and in my opinion the last two were won regardless who was in at QB. The Jets have been a much better team the last month since they comitted to the run game and reined it Favre.
    '94 & '97 Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I dont disagree completely with your assessment of Favres play so far,but if you look at it from a Jet fans point of view,we were stuck with a qb for years who couldnt throw downfield.Just the threat of a deep passing game has opened up the run.i for one will take some mistakes if we can go on and win the division.IMO Brett is the difference maker we have been waiting for.The Jets are 7-3 and in 1st place for the first time since 2001.I'll take that.
    CR 1978
    CR 1983
    CR 1984
    POLY 1996
    POLY 2005
    POLY 2006
    POLY 2007
    POLY 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Mmmmmmm ... I'm not any kind of Brett Favre fan (see above), but you might be selling him just a little short.

He's having a pretty good year on a team that only has so-so wide receivers. He's got a completion percentage that's just a hair under 70%. That's good. He's thrown for 18 TD's and only 12 INT's. Not great, but for Favre pretty decent. He's got close to 2,300 yards at only a little past the midway point of the season and his QB rating is like 93.

I still think he's a selfish jerk, but his on-the-field performance for the Jets has been above average for sure.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I would love to agree but I can't. Just looking at a stat sheet is just part of it. Is NY a better team with Favre over Pennigton, yes. I have never been sold on Pennington. That said, I'll stand by my statements above.

If you look past Favre's stats you may see more.

An example, against SD he was 30/43 for 271 yards, 3 td's, 2 int's and a passer rating of 92.5. Must have been a great game for Favre based on a 92.5 passer rating? The stat sheet is the only area Favre looked good in the 48-29 loss. I watched this game and Favre's turnovers including two ints (one for a touchdown in the 2nd) & a fumble got the Jet's in a hole early. By half the Jets were down 31-14 and in the third they went down 38-14. Almost all of Favre's yards came late in a game that he lost. The stat sheet only tells a small part of it. I'd consider this a lousy game even though he has a 92.5 rating.

He also has a stretch of four games against Cincy, Oak, KC and Buffalo (three of the worst teams in the NFL) where he his highest passer rating is 76.0 and his low is 47.8. All of these games he was very mediocre to poor in. During this stretch he had 3 td's and 8 picks. The Jet's won 3 out of 4 in spite of Favre and largely because of the running game.

That makes five bad games in my book out of nine.

Last week against St. Louis Thomas Jones was a one man wrecking machine. Favre had good stats but it was a result of the running game and that is why the Jets won. Favre was 14/19 for 167 and a TD in a 47-3 blowout. His rating was a very good 117. The big thing about this game though is that the coaching staff relied on the run and tuned down Favre's roll so he wasn't a liability. His TD was a 1 yrd pass when his team was up already by 20. Excellent rating in an average performance.

Like I said in my OP, last night Favre was serviceable. He had an average game with good stats. My view is that the coaching staff finally reallied on the run and a controlled Favre passing game. He put up good numbers but he was very average and made mistakes.

The first game against NE in week two, also bleh. He didn't do anything impressive, his stats are below par and they lost.

That leaves him two good games which were week 1 in Miami and the phenomenal game against Arizona.

Favre has been very mediocre based on all of the above. In my opinion the reason the Jet's are winning is because they made a commitment to the run after week 4 and the much improved D which was maligned last year.
    '94 & '97 Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

As a long suffering jets fana couple of points...

1) Chad Pennington played his heart out for this team. He may never be the best quarterback, but he will do everything he can to win.

2) Medicore recievers? Actually the jets have a decent recieving corps - sure we do not have randy moss, but only 1 team does.

3) Brett Favre has been an uplifting, motivating force for this team. He has tried to will games, because he is a competitor, and while it shows in his interception rate (the Gunslinger tag), he still has more td's than picks. I get the feeling that sometime he tries to win the game singlehandidly. But latlely, he has been doing a fine impression of a QB in control.

4) The team has come together. The O line gets better each game. Jones has always been a solid runner- but when the o -line doesn't do its job, how much of a chance does any runningback in this league have ?

5) Some of the jets problems comes from coaching & gameplans. Another example of this is why you would have ty law (11 months since his last game) on randy moss on the last play of regulation ? why no double team ? Another example, when playing a 3-4 D, (last year) that was not working- why no adjustments? Coaching,coaching,coaching.

6) the Jets are much improved- but sometimes play down to their competition (oakland). But sometimes it is a game like that that causes a chain reaction on how you play the rest of the season, and thank goodness, for once, it has them playing better & better.

7) for those of you who have never liked brett favre, or are dissapointed at his percieved behavior (calling the lions- I doubt it), he is a competitor. He is who he is- like him or not. I for one am quite happy to have him on the jets- even if it is for just a year.

Thanks
    just my 2 cents

Post Thanks / Like

I think you Jets fans just saw this year's and next year's starting Quarterback. Favre is probably going to hang it up after the season and Cassel is going to be a hot free agent pick and the Patriots will not pay him what he will get in the FA market. Jets have the easier schedule the rest of the season and should win the division or a wild card spot. Favre will make them comfortable with winning and going into next year they will be a confident team with playoff experience. Cassel will be experienced as well, living in NE I see all the Patriot games and he is growing in leaps and bounds right before our eyes. 400 yds passing and 62 yds running and that drive to hit Moss with 1 second left was proof that Cassel has what it takes to lead in the NFL. The Jets would be nuts not to go after Cassel in the off season, he will be the best ex Patriot pick up they make since Curtis Martin and could put them in the upper tier of the AFC. Just imagine the Brady vs. Cassel matchup to go along with the Bellichick vs. Mangini rivalry, the first head to head game next season would have to be an overhyped Sunday nighter and a lot more compelling than the rematch against Chad Pennington and the Miami Dolphins.
    Feb '19 Aulani
    Aug '18 Pop Century
    Feb '18 Disneyland
    Dec '16 Yacht & Beach Club
    Oct '13 Carribbean Beach
    Dec '10 AK Kidani Village
    Dec '09 Port Orleans FQ
    Dec '08 Polynesian
    Dec '05 Pop Century

Dec '02 AS Sports
    '73- '92 numerous off site

'71 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff G View Post
    If you look past Favre's stats you may see more.
    I can't argue that stats don't always tell the tale. But I also know that a completion percentage near 70% is still darn good.

But you do have a very valid point and one that I make all the time about Favre (who again ... just for clarity's sake ... is my most overrated player in NFL history) when you say he has a bad penchant for throwing picks at the absolute worst time.

If you throw for 368 yards and 3 TD's with only one interception, but that interception comes during the final 2 minute drill and leads to your team losing the game, well ... those stats don't mean a whole lot do they?
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    2) Medicore recievers? Actually the jets have a decent recieving corps - sure we do not have randy moss, but only 1 team does.
    Yes. Mediocre. Jericho Cotchery leads the team in receiving and he ranks only 20th in the NFL, directly ahead of Eagles rookie DeSean Jackson.

Ahead of him on the list are players like Bernard Berrian, Steve Breaston, and Derrick Mason ... all players who are the very definition of mediocre.

I'm not saying the Jets have bad receivers ... they're just mediocre. Average.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

just a point, on the jets mediacore recievers- you know after looking at the stats the jets recievers are in the middle of the pack (48 + 46 recieptions for cothery & coles), which together make up about 1/2 the yards that favre has thrown for (a little over 2200).
    but that is the funny thing about stats- they only tell the numbers, not the story. the teams leading the pack- Titans (10-0) Giants (9-1) have been solid on both sides of the ball,but both possess a significant running game, with their passing game being complimentary to the running game.
    So far- I'll take 7-3 over 4-12 (last year).

but yes ian you are right- the jets recievers are in the middle of the pack (which by the way is where randy moss is this year with 46 recieptions- however I still feel he is the cream of the crop- as far as recievers go- both for his ability to make tough plays and his threat level (drawing heavier coverage away from his teammates).

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    but yes ian you are right- the jets recievers are in the middle of the pack (which by the way is where randy moss is this year with 46 recieptions- however I still feel he is the cream of the crop- as far as recievers go- both for his ability to make tough plays and his threat level (drawing heavier coverage away from his teammates).
    But Randy Moss has a pedigree. He's clearly a superstar having an off-year.

Cotchery, et. al. are what they are. If they were going to experience huge jumps in productivity it would have been this year when they're catching passes from "one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time."
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Just want everybody out ther to remember one thing:a team is only as good as the sum of its parts.Chemistry may be an intangible,but it is real.I have coached high school football for over 20 years and having everyone on the same page,playing together and more importantly,playing for each other is a part of the game that is often underappreciated.That said,my team went 1-9 this year so maybe i dont know what I'm talking about.
    CR 1978
    CR 1983
    CR 1984
    POLY 1996
    POLY 2005
    POLY 2006
    POLY 2007
    POLY 2008

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: