Quantcast #1disneyfan family vs Fay Day 9

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default #1disneyfan family vs Fay Day 9

Cast:

Me - 35 - #1disneyfan
    DH - 41 - had his birthday this trip
    DD - 12 - turning into a very nervous traveler!

Plans:

5 Nights Poly
    4 Nights Disney Wonder

Day 9 - 2nd stop on the Cruise, Nassau

Long winded again, sorry!

Well we woke up this morning bright and early to the voice of Mickey Mouse. Love those wake up calls! After DD exclaimed Mickey called, I realized that it was still raining and also storming pretty much. So we got up and got ready for our excursion. We were not sure whether or not it would take place because of the weather. The cruise director came across the speaker and informed everyone that most excursions had been cancelled for the day and that we would need to check in to find out if ours was still happening.

So after getting a quick bite to eat, we headed to Studio Sea to find out the status of our excursion. Now I am not sure how many of you had followed any of my pre trip posts, but we had been back and forth over which excursion to pick, the Dolphin Encounter or the Atlantis Dolphin and Waterpark Adventure. Well after thinking it over, and not wanting to spend so much to go to Atlantis, we opted for the Dolphin Encounter. Well this ended up being the right choice, as our excursion was the only one not cancelled!

With towels in hand and wristbands on, we debarked the ship onto a very wet and stormy Nassau. We followed our party through the building and out onto the streets and onto our next boat. Within 15 minutes of leaving the boat we were back out onto the water and heading to see some Dolphins! The trip over was very rough, but this did not bother any of us. We arrived to the beautiful Blue Lagoon Island and headed for our briefing. Now to set the picture of this, it is pouring, I mean cats and dogs, raining sideways so hard that it stings your skin! And not to mention thunder and the lightening!

Once the briefing was over we were showed the lockers and the covered dock we would sit around to meet our Dolphin. We met Salvador. He was too cute! DD was a little scared at first as she was a little concerned over his size and the way he would swim under us. It kind of creeped her out! The weather did not cooperate, but eventually we were allowed into the water for our time with Salvador. It was everything we thought it would be and well worth the money in my opinion. How often to you get to get into the water and touch and hug a Dolphin!

Once we were back in Nassau, we decided we would check out a few of the shops. By this time it had stopped raining. Sorry to any of you who love "duty free" shopping, but I thought it was a huge waste of time. DD was a little uneasy walking around and we wanted to get showered, so we opted to head back onto the ship.

Once showered and feeling much refreshed, we headed up to deck 9 for some grub. DD had what she calls "the best chicken fingers ever!". I had a chicken sandwhich and DH had, well pretty much everything! We watched a little TV on the jumbo screen on deck and then headed down to play some more BINGO. Yup some more money dumped! Somewhere in here DD and I went separate ways from DH and couldnt find him for nearly 2 hours. Turned out he went to see the show. DD and I participated in a Trivia show at Studio Sea. We came in 3rd place, but had a great time!

Tonight we opted to skip dinner entirely since DD was not up to it. So we headed to deck 10 early to grab a good seat for the Pirate Party. Tonight the party went off without a hitch! Great party and fireworks!

DD and I went to play shuffleboard. This was a ton of fun. We had no idea if we were playing correctly, but we had a blast none-the-less! While we were playing, we noticed a small boat along side the ship. Thought it was odd and DD thought it was pirates, lol! The vessel followed along side us for quite a ways. We continued our game, and I realized we were approaching Atlantis and the Bahamas again. Not sure what was going on we asked at CM, who also had no idea. Next thing we knew we were docked again in Nassau. We thought at first maybe it had to do with the weather again, but it turned out someone had become ill or hurt and was removed from the boat by ambulance. Once she and her family were off the boat, we were back out to sea! Not really sure what happened, but hopefully all was well with her and her family.

DD and I then headed back to deck 9 for DD to take her one and only dip in the pool. We watched a little more TV on deck and then headed back to the room for some shut eye.

All in all it was a great day, despite the rain!

Up next, last full day on board and a double dip in Castaway Cay!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    º0º Monica º0º

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We did the same dolphin encounter as you, except our Dolphins name was Stormy. We didn't enjoy Nassau too much either, and opted for time on the ship instead. Great report!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report! :smickey
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

What a great experience swimming with dolphins. Thanks for sharing the report!
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for posting

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like some storm! Glad you were still able to go through with your plans!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: