Quantcast Grand Californian

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grand Californian

Is there any benefit of requesting a certain room? Is there an online map anywhere of the layout of the hotel?
    "Come on Everybody, here we go!"

Grand Californian - December 2008
    Animal Kingdom Lodge - December 2005
    Disneyland - 1975,1978,1980,1987,1991,2001

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know that there is an online map, but you can do a satellite map view of the hotel on Google maps or Google Earth, Microsoft Live View, etc.

Be aware that that GCH has some LONG hallways.

The "theme park view" rooms tend to be down those long hallways, and are generally the furthest away from the lobby.

On the down side, if you need quiet, the rooms close to the lobby can sometimes be loud, due to a piano player in the lobby, which plays nice music, but it can be heard in the rooms and it's sometimes until late at night. Some standard view rooms that overlook the parking lot actually open up into the lobby, similar to the Wilderness Lodge, so they might be louder than rooms down the long halls.

It's all a matter of what you prefer.

However, be aware that NOT ALL ROOMS AT THE GCH HAVE BALCONIES! If you want a balcony, REQUEST ONE!!!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the info! Do I request a balcony at check-in when I get there, or should I call in advance?
    "Come on Everybody, here we go!"

Grand Californian - December 2008
    Animal Kingdom Lodge - December 2005
    Disneyland - 1975,1978,1980,1987,1991,2001

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell'sFlight View Post
    Thank you for the info! Do I request a balcony at check-in when I get there, or should I call in advance?
    You may request it in advance through your travel agent or directly with the hotel, but there is no guarantee at that point. Do it again at check-in. Don't stress about it too much. Most of the rooms have balconies and you shouldn't have much of a problem getting one.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I just wanted to point it out. I didn't know that, and last time I stayed there, the reservation CM on the phone actually told me that, and SHE is the one who put that request on our reservation for me. As I've visited the resort more often, I've tried to pay more attention, and it's true that probably something like 98% of the rooms DO have balconies, there are some interspersed here and there that do not, and it's just a good thing to know.

Last time we stayed there, we were on the concierge level in a courtyard view room. The room next door to us did NOT have a balcony, just a window...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

We've had standard room with park view and could basically see the trees of DCA, then we've had a standard room with a courtyard view and could see Disneyland. So, while it matters what room you have, it doesn't really matter. One of my favorite rooms was a view of the park (DCA) and we were directly above the pool. Another one was a DTD view, we were opposite Naples and the smell was heavenly. I'm a people watcher, so rooms where I can see the masses mingle and such are fun for me.
    All of the rooms in GCH are beautiful, the view is just an added bonus. Granted, if you are paying more for that bonus, then get the view you want! When you call to make your reservation, ask a lot of questions and let the CM guide you to what works best for your family. They try to give you the accomodation you want, but sometimes it doesn't work out perfectly. With the GCH, you really can't go wrong.

2000 - Infinity: DLR Premium Annual Passholder
    Sixty minutes from my front door to Sleeping Beauty's Castle!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: