Quantcast Crowds First Week of January

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Crowds First Week of January

Hi Everybody. My first post in the Disneyland forum.

How are the crowds at Disneyland - DCA the first week of January? Let's say Jan 2 - Jan 5.
    What about the weather?

Thanks to you all for your time.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We went last year, but I don't remember if it was the first or second week in January. It was SO PERFECT!! No crowds at all!!!

Have a wonderful trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You Very Much For Your Prompt Answers.

Best Regards.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there Tuesday. Crowds were very light. 15 min wait for Space Mountain was about the longest I saw. The weather was beautiful and you couldn't have asked for a better day.
    Now...off to WDW in 2 days, it would be nice to see the same crowds there next week.
    ((keeping fingers crossed))
    If you can dream it, you can do it! ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Do any of you know if the crowds will be terrible the weekend before MLK Jr day?

Post Thanks / Like

There is no way to accurately guess what the crowds will be like. It's best to guess by checking out the calendar and asking:

1. Is it a holiday, and are schools in session?
    2. Is it a Weekend?
    3. Is Disneyland open until midnight?

If you answer yes to any of these questions, assume the parks will be busy and have fun anyway.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your reply and not to be ingrateful but... Does anyone have more specific advice? Anyone been there around this time in recent years?
    A little off topic but I don't understand why a similar question in the Disney World posts would receive several detailed responces but no one barely pays attention here in the disneyland posts. It seems weird to me that the Unoffical guides don't even mention Intercot for Disneyworld but they recommend it as one of the best places on the web to get information on Disneyland when no one pays any attention to these threads. Its hard to get up to the minute info and have good discussions with people about Disneyland on here. I know this is probably a minority opionion, and I do love Intercot for Disneyworld info, but I would really like to see more go into the Disneyland side of this site.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by InLikeSin View Post
    Thanks for your reply and not to be ingrateful but... Does anyone have more specific advice? Anyone been there around this time in recent years?
    A little off topic but I don't understand why a similar question in the Disney World posts would receive several detailed responces but no one barely pays attention here in the disneyland posts. It seems weird to me that the Unoffical guides don't even mention Intercot for Disneyworld but they recommend it as one of the best places on the web to get information on Disneyland when no one pays any attention to these threads. Its hard to get up to the minute info and have good discussions with people about Disneyland on here. I know this is probably a minority opionion, and I do love Intercot for Disneyworld info, but I would really like to see more go into the Disneyland side of this site.
    I suppose it depends on what type of information you are looking for. Specific information about specific week attendance is never really possible. Things change year to year, week to week day to day. I am not 100% clear on how knowing what last year was like on a specific week would benefit a guest trying to go on the same week this year.

The Disneyland Forums on INTERCOT do have less activity then Disney World Forums, but then again, the difference in size of the visitorship of the resorts probably plays a part in that.

We are working to ramp up the Disneyland info ... but it's a daunting task for the moderators we have. I hope you get some more information that you are looking for ... since it's the 9th of January already and the 2nd week is in 3 days.

We do have a pretty good Disneyland Crowd Estimator that was put together by a couple of us Mods -- and we have visited the park at all times of the year, so it's as good a guess as we can possibly have, without the use of that magic Crytal Ball that INTERCOT just can't afford!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the extra info. We probably wont decide until later next week if we wanna drive down. We have been about 10 times in the last year so we may skip it. I just want to go when the crowds wont be so insane.

I can't imagine the the ungodly amount of work that goes into setting up and running a site like this. I just crave all the information and discussion that goes into the Disneyworld side of this site for us Disneyland fans.

Post Thanks / Like

As already stated, if there's a holiday expect crowds. Another way to help determine is to look at the passholder blockout dates. While the Southern California Select group is blocked out that weekend, Southern California passholders are only blocked out on Saturday and Deluxe passholders are not blocked out at all. So there will probably be a good amount of local attendance. If you've gone 10 times already in the past year I am guessing you may be a passholder yourself. A plus to being a frequent visitor is you have the luxury of going to just enjoy the atmosphere without worrying about the number of rides you can hit. I've learned not to sweat the crowds, but just enjoy the fact that I am at Disneyland.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I can tell you about Jan 7-9 this year.
    Weds the 7th, Thursday the 8th and Friday am the 9th were not bad. It was not what I hoped for, as it seems a lot of school districts were out like us. (or there was a lot of hooky going on) Most waits were in the 10-20 minute range except for Peter Pan which was consistently packed. we finally had to race over at opening on Friday to get on it. Friday night the 9th was a madhouse as I hear most weekends are. It was compounded by multiple ride failures. I personally would never go back on a weekend again.
    Port Orleans FQ 1992
    All Star Sports 2004
    Contemporary 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge 2004
    Pop Century 2006
    Beach Club 2006
    Contemporary 2006
    Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites 2009
    All Star Music 2014
    Coronado Springs 2014
    Pop Century November 2014

Share This Thread On Social Media: