Quantcast San Angel review - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    Wow, that sounds like our same San Angel experience from 2005.....
    change that to 2004 for us!

2004-Allstar Movie
    2004-Allstar Movie
    2006-Allstar Movie- he proposed!!

2007-Allstar Movie
    2007- Allstar Music
    2008- September, December trip
    2009 June, Novemebr trip

"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's very tough to read"
    M Twain

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We had lunch at the San Angel Inn on our last trip in November '07. I am still dreaming about this food and can't wait to go back!!!! I thought it was the BEST food in the World and we're planning to eat there twice on an upcoming trip!
    Jan 8-12'03 - ASMusic - First Trip Ever- Dream come true!!!!
    Jan 6-11 '04 - ASMusic - HE PROPOSED!!!!!!!June 5-10, 2004- POFQ - Hot as Hades!
    Nov 25-Dec 1 '07 - ASMusic - MVMCP, CP, Osbourne !!!! BEST time of year
    Oct 19-24 '08- PopC MNSSHP, F&W
    Dec 4-11 '11 PopC Honeymoon!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We went in November 2006 and will never go back. The chips and hot sauce were terrible - tasted like Tostitos and Pace (I can get that at home).

The food was not bad at all, it was actually average to a little above average. However, when we went, the tables were crammed so close together that you could barely walk around. And, we had the worse service I have had anywhere (not just the "world"). We were only a table of 5 people.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away...

** Next Trip January 2009!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Did they change the menu for San Angel? I remember it being much better in 9/06. This time it was awful! We were there 9/13 and we had a great view but was quite dissappointed with the food. I have to admit that after seeing what my husband ordered I didn't feel much like eating though.
    He got the lamb and the way it was presented it looked it it had just been slain and was bleeding all over his plate! Sorry for the graphic description but it really did look just horrible. Needless to say he didn't eat very much of it anyway.
    "It's a Great Big Beautiful Tommorow"
    03/07--POR
    02/07--POR
    12/06--Off site
    11/06--POR
    10/06--POP
    09/06--CS
    09/06--POR
    06/05--ASM
    02/05--ASM
    12/04--POR
    09/04--Pop
    05/04--ASM
    06/01--ASSp
    06/00--Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Through many trips this has always been one of my favorite restaurants. I have always known what to expect here, and I enjoy it. Is it authentic? No. I have always found that it was a good meal in a nice setting...until last week. Let me share:

We checked in with our reservations 30 minutes early and were seated 20 minutes late. We requested a water side seat for 4 and wound up with a seat for 6 right next to the bathroom. Before our waiter even arrived, a man with his family stood up and loudly demanded the manager, stating "horrible food" and "I spent a lot of money on this vacation and I am not paying for this slop." I should have taken this as a cue.

Three days before our reservation date, the menu changed (according to the date on the menu). All of my favorites (ceviche, the Plato Mexicano, and many others) were gone. The funny thing was that most of the menu did not even look mexican...things like duck and lamb were being offered. I saw none of the enchaladas, flautas, poblanos, or other words you would see on a mexican menu. I opted for a steak with a chili sauce and some unmemorable side. $30.00 and no rice or beans or anything else...just a very bland piece of meat.

On top of all this, the waiter was horrible. As we were walking out I overheard another disgruntled couple complain to management.

This was by far the worst meal I have ever had in Disney.
    Disneyland - Off-site: 1968 (too young to remember!), 1986, Aug 1993, Jun 1995.

Disney World - Off-site: 1971 (yes, '71!), 1973, 1975, Dec 1998, May 2000, Apr 2002.
    Jul/Aug 2005 - Pop Century
    Oct 2006 - Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept 2008 - Coronado

Euro Disney 1992 - Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the review!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

The reviews for San Angel are always mixed. We've eaten there several times, mostly for the atmosphere and the . We have always found the service to be perfectly fine and very friendly. And yes, the chips are Tostitos, I'm pretty sure, and not even the big restaurant kind. But we keep going back...

One thing: if you are ever seated at a table or in an area that you find unacceptable, please say something to the host or hostess. Most of the time, they will accomodate you. I'm not talking about a situation like Rose and Crown, where you want to sit on the terrace or in preferred seating. But last time we were at San Angel, for example, they tried to seat us at a 2-top table, shoved up against a wall near the kitchen (a horrible table that shouldn't even be there), we asked the hostess to put us a different table, and she did. Since DH and I are a couple with no kids, we are often asking to NOT be seated at the 2-top tables - they are far too small! It's just too expensive to be uncomfortable!
    Shelley, Happy DW of bear_necessity.
    DVC owners: SSR since 2007
    Remain seated please. Permenecer sentados, por favor.

Last trip: DLHotel in May
    Next trip: ?? Vero maybe...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not so good at all! Gotta read this..

We ate there in May. They were busy, but we got our table. Our waitress was not very nice....the entrees were ok, but nothing that great, the bread pudding thing was horrible....
    my husband and I both got it, mine was ok, his was stale and hard as a rock....

***but the kicker was at the end.*** we are on the disney dining plan...so our waitress, presented us with the bill and said " since you are with the dining plan, here is your bill to total - so can you tip me right!"
    I was so shocked that she was that rude about it.
    Then the next table to us, must have been on the plan too, because the manager gave them their bill (they complained to her because the service was so so slow) and she handed the guy the bill and said " I need your key card and the money for the tip"...

Unbelievable...we will not go back there....

LeCellier had the best service!!!
    POR April/May 2007
    POR April/May 2008
    POP April/May 2009
    POR April/May 2010!!!!!!
    POR Feb/March 2011!
    POP May 2011!!!!!!!!
    POP DEC 2012
    OFF Property May 2013
    POP NOV 2013
    CSR JAN-FEB 2014 (they upgraded us from POP)
    POP MAY 14
    I love my Pens!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lighteningqueen View Post
    Not only is the food awful but just plain unedible.. Just curious is that what Mexican food taste up North? Because if it is I won't ever order it when I visit. This isn't to be mean about the whole thing,, but really it is just not right food.
    I agree, I am a native Texan and love my Tex Mex. DH is from KS and their version of Mexican food is not the same as what I am used to. We haven't eaten at San Angel, but from past reviews I have read, we don't have a desire to.
    07/95 FW
    12/96 Off Prop
    11/97 CBR
    12/98 ASM
    12/01 ASMo
    11/03 Off Prop
    12/04 ASMo
    12/07 ASSp, Pop
    12/09 ASM
    09/10 FW, SSR
    11/11 SSR
    02/12 POR
    05/12 OKW
    01/13 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dixielandings View Post
    One thing: if you are ever seated at a table or in an area that you find unacceptable, please say something to the host or hostess...
    I have found this to be very situational, likely depending on the mood of the staff on duty. Generally the table location is nowhere near as important to us as the quality of the food and service. The only time that we have been upset by a table location issue was a few years back when we had dinner in the castle at MK. We had a great window seat, and were even asked for our drink order. After placing the order, I went to the restroom and returned to find another family in our seats. I searched the restaurant to find my family at a table in a corner by the stairs. When I asked my wife what happened, she said that the waitress told her that there was a problem with the table and we had to move. She didn't know that someone else got the table. When I questioned the waitress, she said it was a table given to us accidentally that was reserved for VIPs. When I spoke to the manager, she had a could care less attitude. The meal was still enjoyable, but this was the first time that I really noticed a lack of Disney magic.

San Angel used to be a magical meal for our family...but no longer after this trip.
    Disneyland - Off-site: 1968 (too young to remember!), 1986, Aug 1993, Jun 1995.

Disney World - Off-site: 1971 (yes, '71!), 1973, 1975, Dec 1998, May 2000, Apr 2002.
    Jul/Aug 2005 - Pop Century
    Oct 2006 - Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept 2008 - Coronado

Euro Disney 1992 - Off-site

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: