Quantcast Gustav - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Gustav

Post Thanks / Like

Wow MsMin...lots of rain. You have a nice backyard, btw. That fountain is nice. Thanks for sharing that with us. How is your sister's house? Is the fireplace taking in water?

Y'all stay safe out there! (had to throw that "y'all" in for Angel...did I use it correctly?)
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    We lost our generator...I'm working on wireless and battery packs...some trees down, a tornado came through about 1 mile from here at 530 am....many of our roads now impassable...we have a car underwater but its unsafe to check for occupants at this time...reports of a couple of people in flood zones who didn't evacuate like ordered and now they are trapped in their homes with water rising....I hope they are okay ...Isee the eye is starting to travel on land so hopefully it will be over soon
    That is awful.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Anybody heard from our good folks in the storm area in the last few hours?
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. It's really windy in Baton Rouge; lots of trees coming down. MsMin is still okay but has no power.

Post Thanks / Like

Good news here, when things started calming down the officers and Homeland Security EOC officials starting going around to boats and houses in the flood zones, everyone seems to be okay there were a couple of residents we were worried about earlier and they are okay....the only real issue I know of is one of the occupants on a shrimp boat had a heart attack...not sure of his current condition but the EMTs were able to get to him....tomorrow all our rivers will crest and now the big flood issues start...looks like MOST people took the advice of the officials and evacuated....

I'm glad you folks in New Orleans did okay, I'd like to hear from some of you guys in Morgan City to see if you are okay.....

I am at home and my house did great...the power was even on and my family comes home tomorrow, I missed them so much! I also get to sleep in my own bed tonight!!!! Tomorrow will be 9 days on without a full day off....Thanks so much for everyone sending pixie dust and prayers...I'll be sending some west I also ask for pixie dust and prayers for my mother who is supposed to have reconstructive surgery Wednesday....she had a double masectomy in June and we weren't sure if it would be cancelled because of Gustav but since it is to be done in Hattiesburg, things are going along as planned. I guess I'm veering off subject so everyone just be safe.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts are with everyone in Gustav's path. I live on the Gulf Coast in AL and have been glued to the t.v. all day. Thankfully in my area, we've just been experiencing wind and rain but in other areas near me they are dealing with the storm surge. My brother evacuated here from New Orleans but thinks his house in Mid City is okay so far. He's talked with friends who stayed in the French Quarter and they've been dealing with a lot of wind and rain, but are doing okay so far. I HATE that the gulf coast region has been hit again so soon while SO many people are STILL trying to rebuild after Katrina. I don't think most of the country realizes how bad some areas still are even 3 years after Katrina. Please keep praying for everyone in Gustav's path, he's still going thru the region.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TiggTigg5 View Post
    Anybody heard from our good folks in the storm area in the last few hours?
    I did, Ed. Everyone is ok although there is some minor damage to Bret's mom's place. Beth's sister had some damage to her chimney (earlier post) but haven't heard anything since and Angel text messaged earlier that they were safe as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone for keeping the updates coming - our I'COT friends in Gustav's path have been in my thoughts all day. I pray everyone continues to stay safe!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I hope everyone is still doing well.
    We are still getting some rain from this thing, but nothing serious here in Mobile, AL.
    But the way some of these people are acting, you'd swear this storm was going to turn around and come straight for Mobile. I can understand that coming from the people leaving LA, but the locals here think it's the apocolypse. These people here just can't appreciate the blessing they've been given by only getting some rain and wind.

Everyone stay safe.
    and prayers on the way!
    WesWerX ºoº

"Laughter is America's most important export" - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

We are in Andalusia, Alabama. It took us 21 hours to get here (usually 3.5 hours). For the locals it took me 5 hours to get from Metairie to the twin span. I think the stress of being in grid lock traffic for so long took it's toll on lots of people, especialy the elderly. I really think I will take my chances at home next time because I don't think I can handle the process again. My niece's car broke down along the way and we had to squeeze them all in. I was praying that my other nieces car would make it because we already had people sitting on top of each other. We were really worried we would have to face the feeder bands and bad weather on the road because we were stuck for so long. Thank God everyone fared better than was predicted.
    LORI

Post Thanks / Like

Lori, I'm so glad to hear from you! I'm glad you and all other Intercotees are safe! I've been very worried about everyone all day. What a terrible ordeal you've all had to go through - I can't even imagine!
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad we are hearing from most everyone. My thoughts and prayers have been going out to all Y'ALL (that's the TRUE Southern way!!). Please keep us posted.
    Rhonda

Trips to WDW: Priceless

Impossible is not a word.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, we are fine here. Lots of huge branches down and no elecrticity. If anyone wants to come help with the clean up, we will be looking for you!

Has anyone heard from Denise, Buzzandwoddysmom? I can not get though to her by phone.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Here we go again... View Post
    Hey guys, we are fine here. Lots of huge branches down and no elecrticity. If anyone wants to come help with the clean up, we will be looking for you!
    Glad to hear you are fine.

And it looks like the levees held up overnight? Is it really true!?!

I'm off to work today; hopefully we will hear from the others sometime during the day.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it looks like the levees held.
    At one point a barge was slamming into one that devided the upper and lower 9th ward. Water did get so deep that it was going over the top, but once they got the pumps going it was fine. All of the news so far is good... which can be bad.

Katrrina was so devastating because they evacuated for a hurricane right before Katrina that did no damage. That made everyone think that they were pushed out of the city for no reason... that is why so many people stayed for Katrina.

You know, I love my husband. He set up my computer so I could run it off the generator. What he forgot to hook up to the generator was the COFFEE!!!! Should I go beat him on the head with the computer?
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I just realized that Beth (msmin) has not posted. She made it through just fine, Lots of cleaning up too.... and I bet she does not have coffee either.

There was one tragedy though. A couple from the Abbeville area went to Baton Rouge to get away from the weather. Beth sent me a text saying some trees fell in her neighborhood and killed someone. The next newscast was to say that the family that evacuated the weather died from a falling tree in Baton Rouge.
    They were in their 70's.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I have not heard from Denise. I am waiting on an email or a post. I am hoping her and Kevin are ok.
    Glad to hear everyone so far is doing good. Now, let's hunker down for the rest of the tropical unrest.
    Nana to Brad, Alex, Dustin and Connor

Post Thanks / Like

Hoping everyone is okay. Waiting to hear from Y'all.
    I'm glad that it wasn't as bad as predicted but I'm sure when you are riding it out it doesn't seem like it is "small"
    Please stay safe and dry
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Becky and Angel,

I am fine. We left town, went vacationing in northern Alabama/Chatanooga TN. We had a great time and just got back tonight. Our house made it through just fine, it is just like I left it. My wonderful neighbor even picked up all the branches in our front yard. I was shocked to come home tonight to find my front yard spotless. According to my neighbors our electricity never even blinked and we were out of cable for a couple of hours.

Kevin made it through as well. He is still in New Orleans. He spent the night of the hurricane in the court house in Gretna. Today he was at the convention center right by the riverwalk. It was very weird to hear him say that everything looked good because I remember watching the news for Katrina and there were hundreds, if not thousands, of people waiting for transportation out of the city right where he was today. Tomorrow he should be headed to Thibodeau, that is where his unit is located. As far as he knows they will be handing out water, food and tarps to people in need. He has been gone for almost a week and has no idea when he'll get to come home, but he is alright so that's all that matters right now. Keep him in your prayers, please.

Glad to hear everyone else made it through fine.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, everybody!! Yay---we got power back this afternoon after three days. We got more action this time than Katrina, here! More wind, and it still hasn't totally stopped raining. Tree fell across the power lines, and yard is full of limbs. Couldn't communicate with my son and daughters for a day and a half--that was the worst. Tried to go to their houses and couldn't get there because of blocked roads. Today is much better. All are fine, and I have hugged them! No school till Monday. I know there are lots still without power. I feel for you, and I know many are just waiting to go home. Hope you get to soon.
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P