Quantcast Gustav - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gustav

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, this is like Deja Vu... I remember just over 3 years ago talking to Bret on the boards and he mentioned how eerie it was in his house with everything boarded up and that he had one more piece of wood to put on the attic window... I remember sending him a PM asking him to ride by my MIL's house after it was over to see if her house was okay since she was with us...
    Then our world turned upside down.

It was days before we heard from Sherrie and found out that Bret was okay. Well, not really okay, but alive and as well as could be expected.

I have a lot of respect for those like Bret that are in law enforcement, fire, rescue, military... because, like he said, "it is what you do".
    We live in a world that everyone is free to make their own choices about their career. Those of you that have made choices that put you in harms way, I salute you. I do not have what it takes to do those things... so I thank God that you do.

As for us, we are staying. It looks like Houma will take the direct hit with the New Orleans area getting it really bad too. As large as this storm is, all of Mississippi will get it bad...

Take care everyone. I will try to keep in touch eith everyone by text message since I know we have about a 100% chance of losing electricity.

After this is over I hope to have a meet at the Wilderness Lodge Chalmette very soon.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    I'm willing to bet your mom knows my boss, Rusty, who used to live in Pearlington and now lives in Diamondhead....
    I bet you may know my ex-BIL his name is Henry and had a law office in BSL and lives in Diamondhead. I know it's a small world.
    Take care too. I remember how hard Pearlington was hit in Katrina since the storm when right up the Pearl River. I used to live on the West Pearl in Slidell.
    for all. They announced today that we will not have shelters set up in our city. They will be hosting all the first responders.
    I'll keep in touch until we lose power.
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    Tomorrow we will remove everything from the yard that can become a projectile in a strong wind.
    I'm doing that right now--it seems 'they' keep moving up the time a little. Straight up--am scared, but trying to stay busy. Have reorganized cabinets and giving my house the cleaning of it's 'life'. Also trying to be a cheerleader for my own grown children and make sure everybody is here or somewhere else safe. Ready to get it over with. Way too much anticipation time. (Thank goodness, I know.) We're in the direct line, but are not on the coast itself. My heart goes out to those people. THANKS SO MUCH for all the good wishes coming through these boards. The "deja vu" thing is fierce. You cannot imagine how comforting it is to hear from all of you around the world thinking about the people of Louisiana. It means a lot.
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daparish View Post
    . I will text you to check on you because as with Katrina phones will be out but texting will probably work.
    Sorry, I don't know how to multi-quote, so am posting twice, here. This is a good point about the texting; just heard this from a friend. The lack of communication made it harder during Katrina. Just wanted to amplify this bit of info for others who might not know this.
    Bret, I'm like you--we're boarding up the windows late tonight, cause I hate this part about being closed in, too. Special prayers for your family from us.
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    I bet you may know my ex-BIL his name is Henry and had a law office in BSL and lives in Diamondhead. I know it's a small world.
    Take care too. I remember how hard Pearlington was hit in Katrina since the storm when right up the Pearl River. I used to live on the West Pearl in Slidell.
    for all. They announced today that we will not have shelters set up in our city. They will be hosting all the first responders.
    I'll keep in touch until we lose power.

I'm not really sure....I know of an attorney named Henry who's last name begins with D? I just know of him, not know him personally Having the first responders there might be a good thing...we are starting to get the feeder t-storms so this will be my last post for a few days....take care

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

This is sick, but I just had this thought...
    I was thinking about the HUGE meet we are going to have at Bret's when this is all over. he does not know yet

Anyway, I was thinking... burnt bar-b-que is better than nothing at all.
    For those of you that do not know what I am talking about... well wait till the meet at Bret's.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Here we go again... View Post
    I was thinking about the HUGE meet we are going to have at Bret's when this is all over. he does not know yet

For those of you that do not know what I am talking about... well wait till the meet at Bret's.
    Can I come? I don't have a yard, so no BBQ here. "Flame-broiled" from Burger King doesn't count.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Here we go again... View Post

Count me in, I'll bring the fire extinguishers

I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers and will be keeping a close eye on Gustav.
    For two reasons, once to make sure y'all are ok, and two, I'm supposed to travel to New Orleans next weekend (job related) with a group to see Tampa Bay and the New Orleans
    Saints. The trip is secondary to y'all's safety but the selfish part of me would sure to love to see you guys

Post Thanks / Like

Default Please be safe Y'all

I have been watching the storm form and have been thinking of all of you and praying that this storm passes everyone by.
    I have been thinking of Bret mostly and I know this does not sound right but I'm really glad that you were sick and have to leave.
    I'm sure that as an officer you have mixed emotions about it but I believe that God is putting you where you need to be right now.
    Please everyone stay safe.
    I have been hoping that this storm is like the blizzard warnings in the North east... when it is "over predicted" it usually fizzles. I pray that this is what happens with this hurricane.
    God Speed
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet822 View Post
    Count me in, I'll bring the fire extinguishers

I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers and will be keeping a close eye on Gustav.
    For two reasons, once to make sure y'all are ok, and two, I'm supposed to travel to New Orleans next weekend (job related) with a group to see Tampa Bay and the New Orleans
    Saints. The trip is secondary to y'all's safety but the selfish part of me would sure to love to see you guys
    How is a football game "job-related"?

I need a new career. I never get to go anywhere even remotely exciting. One time, no, TWICE I got to go to another elementary school for a meeting.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

We are just getting our first feeder band. We have a tornado warning as a funnel cloud has been spotted just 15 miles from here.
    That's what scares me. It isn't supposed to get bad until Midnight. I am about 50 miles North of Morgan City. The tornado right now is in Gonzales.
    I'm sure Bret is happy to be with Sherrie for this storm and he certainly deserves it b/c he has done his share of service. Bret is about 45 miles East of me right now.
    I talked to my brother who is an environmental engineer on the committee to rebuild. He says they expect flooding and this time the west bank (of the Ms.river)is also at risk, it was spared in Katrina.

Yes, all we need a meet. If we can't have it at Bret maybe we can meet in BR. oops another weather bulletin... more later
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Meet at Brett's?!?!?! Sounds like a plan, or a possible clean up party. Count me in! Well, depending on whatever happens at work and if I can get away.

We actually boarded up our store windows tonight and our store south of I-10 is closed until this is over, due to a mandatory evacuation. My store is about 1/2 mile north of I-10, lucky me. Most of my staff are wanting to leave, but still haven't decided yet.
    This is the quiet before the storm, so we just have to wait now.

Everyone be careful and check in when you can.
    WesWerX șoș

"Laughter is America's most important export" - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts and prayers to all those that could be affected.

Looks like it weakened a little to Cat 3 and that the storm surge will be less than Katrina, so at least there is some good news.

Be safe and God speed.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

We've had some bad weather come through, a few areas already flooded earlier, but then strangely everything calmed for now....I know its temporary....we are in our temporary dispatch location right now...the officers are going through the harbors making sure nobody's trying to ride it out on their boat and sure enough, we just got one saying he won't leave his boat I'll check in from time to time and see how everyone is La is faring....

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Hi

The weather is comming as beth said we gpt the first band a little while ago......

My Dept. shipped out officers about
    6 pm and they got up here and settled in. I am back at my moms with sherrie and yes I am sure we will loose power tonigt......
    I cant wait for this to be over......... thanks to everyone who has thought of me.....

MississippiDisneyFreak... keep your self safe.........

everyone keep good thoughts....... and yes maybe we will have to have a meet at the Chalmette Wilderness lodge........

BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

Post Thanks / Like

This is like deja vu again...my grandma is in the hospital again during another hurricane. My Grandpa has left with my Aunt and Uncle to go to my cousins home and my dad stayed at his job at NASA.

This time my Grandma is worse off than she was for Katrina and the hospital she is at is in a better location than the last one she was in 3 years ago for Katrina. I'm really concerned about her only b/c she can't remember that much anymore and she has no family around her. She is in good care with Nurses/Dr's - I'd be more concerned if she was not in a hospital due to her medical needs, but still the thought of her being their with no familiar faces concerns me.

I'm just believing and praying all families are safe and that this storm passes through quickly.
    M°o°nica

Prepare to Shake..Rattle & Roll!
    Freeway Construction Ahead Take Atl. Route.Traffic Jammed.Drive Safely Detour Ahead..get ready to ROCK! All lanes open.SO FLOOR IT! Car Pool lanes open..WIDE OPEN - RnRC

Next Up: Oct 28 - Nov 7th!

N' Awlin's girl born & raised

Post Thanks / Like

Lori, Beth, Bret, and Angel - stay safe! You know you would all be welcome here (four-legged family members too) if you wanted to travel this far north. I'd be happy to squeeze you in somewhere just to know you would be safe. I'll be watching the reports and praying that it's not as bad as they say it's going to be.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I'm heading off to sleep. I hope that everything will still be right with the world when I wake up.

I'm going to keep praying. They said it was going to be a category 5...right now it's still a 3. I'm going to believe that is due to the prayers coming from all over the country.

Stay safe tonight...and tomorrow...
    Keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SgtTigger View Post
    Hi

The weather is comming as beth said we gpt the first band a little while ago......

My Dept. shipped out officers about
    6 pm and they got up here and settled in. I am back at my moms with sherrie and yes I am sure we will loose power tonigt......
    I cant wait for this to be over......... thanks to everyone who has thought of me.....

MississippiDisneyFreak... keep your self safe.........

everyone keep good thoughts....... and yes maybe we will have to have a meet at the Chalmette Wilderness lodge........

Thanks you too....they're saying if we don't get hit too bad, they may send some of our personnel over that way to help out

Post Thanks / Like

It is a little after midnight here and I don't know if it is nerves or what... but I am not sleepy at all. We just saw a warning for Baton Rouge and I sent Beth a text. I don't know if she is sleeping or did not get it...
    I am thinking about you... be safe.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: