Quantcast Go Dawgs!!!! AP #1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Go Dawgs!!!! AP #1

I know I will probably have one kid going here, she is nuts for this school already! I don' tmind we only live an hour away from it and it is a great school. #1 in AP poll!!! I am really pulling for my Alma Mater South Florida to get up there though.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am always glad to see SEC schools ranked! Congrats, but I do not see the Richt and the Dawgs getting past Meyer and the Gators for the East. My preseason prediction for the SEC-
    Auburn(boo) and Florida. Sorry.

See you in September! Actually we leave in the morning for Atlanta for the Clemson game, but we will be back the last weekend in September for the Bama/GA game. If everything goes right-We should both be unbeaten at the time of that game-Well if we can make it past Arkansas.
    Roll Tide Roll!

BTW-Isn't the National Championship game in Miami this year?
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to see UGA ranked #1 in the polls and not ranked #1 in the own conference. UF is ranked #1 in the SEC. I really don't think any SEC team will go undefeated this year. That's why the play on the field and not on paper.

Post Thanks / Like

Go Jackets. We're going to stink this year. I am not sure UGA can go all the way either. I think in today's college football, all of the cards have to fall into place. Between their off field discipline problems and now their starting tackle is out for the year, I think they have some trouble in store for them. They'll still have a better record than my Tech team but maybe not #1.
    I'm glad football is back though. It's a fun time of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Advnt05, my dh is a GT grad

Post Thanks / Like

I do think that they are underestimating the TIGERS. We have a lot of depth. Georgia has to play us in Death Valley this year. That will be a tough game as long as players stay pretty healthy.
    I think that Tebow's head is at risk of not fitting in his helmet so I have to pull for Georgia on this one especially since my brother graduated from UF
    the comment that Superman wears Tebow pajamas... seriously... I would like to see those offensive lineman get their fill of his antics and miss a couple tackles. One man does not make a team...
    Richt IMO is a showman too. All his whining that he was not in the National Championship game last year... waaa..
    Hawaii --- poor guys and I have to pull for Florida here and the SEC....
    Ohio #2 is that based on the weakness of their schedule???? seriously how many times are they going to get beat... They wouldn't stand a chance against Georgia...
    Our game was just moved to 10 tomorrow...
    Chaos already.... Can you imagine 100K+ ppl (w/ tailgaters) in town for a game and contra flow on I-10 w/ evacuees??? It's going to be a wild season...
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    Our game was just moved to 10 tomorrow...
    Go App State!

Post Thanks / Like

Ms Min-I hope you guys come out okay. They are evacing us tonight(south Bama), but we are staying-how about you guys? BTW-Way to Go LSU and Bama and Georgia and Florida and this weekend. I love to see the SEC come out on top of those weak conferences. Looks like the entire SEC beat thier non-conference foes this weekend(except Miss State) and Tenn plays tomorrow.
    I agree with the comment on Ohio state! Wow-just who exactly do they play? That is why I hat pre-season polls. The media votes these weak teams to the top and then because they have such weak schedules they stay undefeated and never move down. No fair. Polls should start in October.
    Also-Super props to my Bama team who decided to play (and thump) a real opponent yesterday and it looks like we are going to do it again next year-We open with Virginia Tech in Atlanta again.
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Post Thanks / Like

So GA Tech is 2-0. Can you say National Title!!?! No way that's gonna happen.

UGA looks good I would have to admit. OSU looks shakey. We should know this weekend against USC.

How about East Carolina?

Post Thanks / Like

Default College Football

I'm super happy Tech has won their first two, I'd love to see them have a good season when everyone has been saying they will be dead in the water.

Did you see that play by Knowshawn this weekend?

Some great games coming up...
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Advnt05 View Post
    How about East Carolina?
    You know, I was happy to see them beat WVU and VT, but their fans drive me batty. We went to Greenville a while back to see them play Wake Forest, and their fans were pretty vicious to us, knowing we were Wake fans. Of course, I could say the same about GA Tech. We had such a bad experience there, my husband wrote the GA Tech AD, and he gave us free tickets to another game.

As big of a Wake Forest fan as I am, I have to admit it's pretty sad Wake is the only ACC team in the top 25. Pitiful times for the ACC.

Post Thanks / Like

That surprises me that Tech fans were rude to you. We're usually indifferent when it comes to football. I'm glad that AD worked it out for you to try again. It's no excuse but I'm wondering if it's because you beat us in the ACC championship game a few years back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Advnt05 View Post
    It's no excuse but I'm wondering if it's because you beat us in the ACC championship game a few years back.
    Oh no, this was way before that, probably back in '02 or '03. We just happened to be sitting within a group of folks who had probably imbibed a little too much, and thought it would be funny to be 'nice' to the WF fans. They gave us pet names and started putting their arms around us, etc. It was cute at first, but they wouldn't let up and it became really uncomfortable. We moved at halftime so we could actually enjoy the game, since that's what we went for.

Sorry!
    Last edited by Melanie; 09-11-2008 at 03:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I graduated from UGA in '02, huge huge huge game this weekend vs Alabama, Athens is going to be insane.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: