Quantcast Advice for my DH!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Advice for my DH!!

I should say first that for 17 years I have made all the vacation plans, and DH just went along. But now he is making an effort to be more involved with what we do-which is great!
    BUT....
    He booked rooms at the Desert Palms for 7 people, (through AAA) based on my hotel advice about spending less money. And now weeks later, DH says he regrets not staying at a DIsney hotel and is wondering if he can change his mind!!

We leave THIS SUNDAY! I made a pros and cons list for each hotel, but does anyone have any thing to reassure DH about this?

And if he decided to change hotels, could he change it this late? I feel bad that he is not 100% ok with staying "off site". He says he wants the whole disney theme in the hotel....of course maybe he could have mentioned this when we were booking...

Any hope of changing our plans this late? Or do I keep encouraging him to be happy with the Desert Palms??

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's what I would do:

-Find out the cancellation policy for the Desert Palms.
    -Make sure an on-site hotel has room for all of you.

-If possible, switch to on-site.
    -If not, remind yourself why you chose the Desert Palms in the first place. A few weeks ago, you liked it well enough.

Edit: I just noticed this is the DLR section. Honestly, staying off-site at DLR is totally different than staying off-site at WDW. I'd keep what you have and relax!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrkcr View Post
    I should say first that for 17 years I have made all the vacation plans, and DH just went along. But now he is making an effort to be more involved with what we do-which is great!
    BUT....
    He booked rooms at the Desert Palms for 7 people, (through AAA) based on my hotel advice about spending less money. And now weeks later, DH says he regrets not staying at a DIsney hotel and is wondering if he can change his mind!!

We leave THIS SUNDAY! I made a pros and cons list for each hotel, but does anyone have any thing to reassure DH about this?

And if he decided to change hotels, could he change it this late? I feel bad that he is not 100% ok with staying "off site". He says he wants the whole disney theme in the hotel....of course maybe he could have mentioned this when we were booking...

Any hope of changing our plans this late? Or do I keep encouraging him to be happy with the Desert Palms??
    If you can change it, go for it.

First step is to contact your AAA Agent or whomever booked your package -- if you can't change without penalties, enjoy your trip anyway!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

If you can afford it - I'd switch to stay on-site.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

whew!

Let me know where to be.

Desert Palms is OK by me!

Good luck! (don't ask why I put an elephant with a smiley face being attacked by a shark. I just liked the elephant and the shark and thought "hey, an elephant being attacked by a shark would look good here.")
    "Believe me, it's the most exciting and challenging assignment we have ever tackled at Walt Disney Productions."
    Walt Disney speaking on the future Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

I used to work for Walt Disney Travel in Anaheim honestly with disneyland you can stay off site and it is no bother with how the resort is set up. One of the reasons I love it more than florida is you don't have to stay on site. I love Disneyland hotel but I can't afford to stay there eveytime

Post Thanks / Like

I would stay where you are. The "Disney Experience" is more so at WDW than DL. We have done both and found that the only benfit to staying on property is just the proximity to the parks. Paradise Pier Hotel can be a hike after a long day at the park, even if you take the monorail to DTD. If you buy your Park Hoppers thru Disney you can still use Morning Madness if it is happening while you are there (I think a min 3 day hopper is required). We are going at Xmas and staying at the HoJos. Tell your DH to relax. A good time will still be had.
    Adina
    DVC Since 2007 - AKL, BLT, VGC
    WDW Feb 2010 -BLT
    Poly - Feb 2007
    All Star Sports - Aug 2005
    DL Prem AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Thanks!

Thanks for all the encouragement! I THINK this has helped easy his mind! And saved us a bunch of money! Yes DH has good taste, and I am the penny pincher. We are like yin and yang...

We are staying at the Desert Palms, and I'll make sure to give a report of the hotel when we get back. From all the reviews I have read, people either say it is great, or that it stinks. We'll see....

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: