Quantcast Sneakers or flip flops?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sneakers or flip flops?

I LUv my flip flops and i hate wlking the parks in sneakers is this the right thing 2 do or should i grin and bear it and wear my sneakers?
    I (used 2) play vmk ! if u think vmk going down wasnt right pm me! Ps i luv high school musical, zac efron, gymnastics ,icot, disney, and webkinz! :)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

It's so funny you wrote this because every where I go I wear sandals with a thick heel and no one can believe I can walk around in them! To me their just what I'm used to and comfortable in, however, when I am in the parks I now wear my cute little sneakers that I have to break in before I even get down there! I tried the sandals the one year and it did take a toll on me. The sneakers did give me blisters but I brought mole skin and it solved that problem. I guess it is just a judgement call. If you're not going to be in the park all day and night...go for it!
    Nicole

Windsor Hills Resort 13'
    Poly Thanksgiving 09'
    Polynesian 08'
    Pop Century 07'
    Off Site 04'
    Off Site 97'
    Off Site 89'
    Off Site 86'
    Off Site 83'
    Polynesian 79'

Post Thanks / Like

I always wear my flip flops. The only reason I pack sneakers is if I plan on going for a run.

Post Thanks / Like

I LIVE in flip flops and sandals, and hate wearing shoes, except for work-outs, so I'd opt for the flips. As long as you are really, really used to them. What's the longest you've walked in them?
    I wear these Earth sandals that are so much more comfortable than even my cross-trainers. I also think it's a great calf work-out, because I can feel it (but in a good way!) at the end of the day.
    And I HATE having wet sneaks on! Makes me very cranky! So, with water rides, rain, sweat, forget it!

Have fun!
    Check out my pics, maps and brochures from 1975 on my home page!

Post Thanks / Like

Purely a judgement call...theme park footwear is an oft debated subject here...i.e. Tevas's (my personal fave ) vs. Crocs vs. sandles (my wife swears by her old Columbias) vs flip-flops vs. crosstrainers vs. whatevers....I'd say bring both, start out in what your most comofrtable with, switch to the other if they start to take a toll on you, and if neither works out go to an outlet store and find some Teva's
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

I always wear sneakers for lots of reasons. Better for your feet, safer, more comfortable. Sometimes the AC is so cold in the restaurants and attractions I can't imagine my feet not being covered.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say take and wear both (not at the same time). It always helps my feet to switch between footwear when my feet start hurting.

Post Thanks / Like

I use to do cute shoes at WDW, like sandals, strappy things, and so on. Now I do sneakers - something that is meant for running or cross training. I did a half marathon at Disney and ended up causing Planters fasciitis - so even wearing flip flops for a couple hours makes my feet hurt bad.

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by grwoolf View Post
    I'd say take and wear both (not at the same time). It always helps my feet to switch between footwear when my feet start hurting.
    I agree with grwoolf! Switch it up! I too LOVE my flip flops and wear them days on end. But at the parks, it's great to have an alternative. I actually will do three . . . flip flops one day (especially water park or shorter day), birkenstocks another and then sneaker it in between. My feet and legs appreciate the break!
    Sarah
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are,when you wish upon a star your dreams, come TRUE"

Post Thanks / Like

I live for my flip flops. I don't even own a pair of sneakers. I did when we went on our first trip... i wore the sneakers for maybe 2 hours and had blisters. so i just wore my flip flops the rest of the trip. Was much more happier.
    Sam
    DVC owner at SSR/AKL
    Past Trips:
    POP: 4/15-23 08, 1/27-2/4 09, 12/2-12 09
    AKL SV: 4/25-5/4 12

Disneyland Hotel: 9/29-10/2,12/2-4 2011
    Upcoming:
    GCA 4/19-21 2013 Dream/WDW Oct 16th-26th 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I almost always wear sneakers, I've just been brought up that way. Disney World= comfortable sneakers.

However, I have worn flip flops to EMH one night and I was fine.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

I always wear my flip flops unless its too cold. I find my feet stay cooler in warm weather and they are great incase your feet get wet.
    *A dream is a wish your heart makes*

Post Thanks / Like

I used to wear sneakers but not since I bought my Columbia sandals. They offer awesome arch support, which most flipflops don't. I also love to be able to slip off my shoes on the dark rides and TTA to give my feet a break. Can't easily do that with sneakers. I always bring a backup pair of shoes. I have one pair of flipflops with pretty good arch support but they rub on the top of my foot after a day in the parks. They're only good for a few hours.
    Jenn

1974 * 1985 * 1993 * 1997 * 1997 * 2000 * 2002 * 2004 * 2005
    Oct 06 CBR/AKL
    Dec 06 ASM
    Oct 07 POP
    June 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 SSR
    Jan 09 SSR
    May/June 09 BCV/AKV
    Aug 09 AKV
    Oct 09 AKV
    Christmas 09 BLT
    May/June 2011 CBR
    May/June 2012 AKV

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't worn sneakers in over a year and a half. I live in flip-flops and Crocs and that's what I took with me to WDW. I wore the flip-flops all but one day, only wearing the Crocs because they are Steelers ones and they matched my shirt that day. Wear what you are comfortable in but take something as a backup.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Here at home,I live in flip-flops everyday- weather permitting!
    I also have one pair of "ugly" crocs(which I have worn only once), and one pair of super cute mary jane crocs that I wear a good bit.

But for my Disney trips, I always wear walking shoes. I bought a pair of Asics for my trip next week, and they are feeling great! I can't see walking all day and half the night in flip-flops-no matter how much I wear them at home!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grwoolf View Post
    This works for me, too. Normally I live in my flipflops, but I always bring comfortable tennis shoes to alternate at WDW.
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

I love flip flops I am constantly wearing them. I even used to wear them in the rain haha. Tennis shoes make my feet feel like they can't breathe haha. If you have a pair of flip flops that you have worn a million times I'm positive you'll be glad you wore them. Bring both and try the flip flops and if forever reason you can always switch if you need to. But when you go on Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapids and don't have soaking wet shoes and socks you'll be glad! I have worn nothing but flip flops on every disney trip and I have had no problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Flip flops might be okay for a few hours, but any more than that and I'd wear sneakers. The amount of walking done by most at Disney is incredible.
    BLT Owners as of 11/09!

SFTrny Guest

Sneakers, sneakers, sneakers, sneakers, sneaker....OH PLEASE, SEAKERS.

Have you ever seen the foot of someone who has worn flip flops in an amusement park for a day? YUCK!

Post Thanks / Like

I like to change it up too, wear flip flops mostly, but do wear the sneakers to keep my feet more stable and comfortable. The flips are a plus when it rains. We are heading down in less than 2 days, hoping that Fay is long gone by Friday afternoon !!

Pop Century 2008, here we come !!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: