Quantcast Hard Rock Park in South Carolina

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hard Rock Park in South Carolina

I don't know if anyone's commented on this park yet, but I just went to the Hard Rock Park in South Carolina yesterday and figured you guys (and gals) might be interested in my thoughts on it.

It was actually a really nice park. It's still a baby and does need to ironing out, but it was definitely a nice way to spend an overcast, non-beach day.

It actually reminds me a LOT of Universal Orlando. It's much smaller, but its laid out in a similar way and had similar looking buildings. The attention to detail is actually amazing. It's also very easy to circle the park several times in one day.

The rides were also pretty good, especially the coasters. We didn't wait longer than 30 minutes at any ride, and most of them we walked right onto. The park itself was empty until about 1 pm, probably because that's when people started coming off the beach. It's actually a shame it wasn't that crowded because it really is a nice park. And the workers were so so incredibly nice! I was very impressed. It was also the cleanest park I have ever ever been to, bathrooms included!

The food was extremely expensive, but the merchandise was not! They had really nice zip sweat-hoodies embroidered and all for only $29! I totally expected them to be like $50-60. Also, each store had different merchandise, so there really was something for everyone. i was very impressed by the diversity!

The fireworks show on the lake was also very good. It reminded me a lot of Illuminations (like a LOT!) and I wonder if the same choreographer designed this show as well. Illuminations is of course way better and also longer, but for a small startup park, it was extremely impressive.

The ticket prices are a bit expensive as well ($50 each day or $40 if you are a NC or SC resident.) However, on a cloudy non-beach day it was much better than sitting in the house doing nothing and wasting a day of vacation. I would certainly go again next year. And I think by then the economy might be better and they'd get more people. Also, they'd have more of the kinks worked out I'm sure.

Overall, I was very very impressed with the Park.
    Janine
    -----------------
    Disney World: 87, 89, 92, 96-97, 99-00, 02-05, 07-14
    Disneyland: 05, 10-14
    RunDisney: 13 (Princess, Dumbo, ToT), 14 (Dopey, Tink, Glass Slipper, Dumbo, Wine & Dine, Avengers), 15 (Dopey, Rebel Challenge)
    DVC Member: 07-NOW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report! We've had people asking for trip reports from this park, so now I have something to point them to!
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'm normally from SC....just living in Nevada for the past year.
    I'll have to take my kids to this when we get back home! Sounds pretty nice!

Thanks for the info!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: