Quantcast Cruise Director

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Cruise Director

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cruise Director

Is there any way (I haven't been able to find one) of getting the e-mail of the cruise director on the wonder? My sister's boyfriend is planning to propose on the boat - and would like to e-mail the cruise director ahead of time to get some help\set something up.

He says he'd like to do it before a show or during games on the pool deck, something where it will be very public. Any suggestions?

Thank You!
    Mel

Fort Wilderness - and Off property condo - 1980ish-2006
    First Trip Home MNSSHP Oct. 06. - OKW
    07 SSR - Jan and Preggo and the Poly - Oct

Baby's 1st trip - OKW Jan 08
    Land and Sea - Wonder and POFQ - Sept. 08
    SSR - Happy New Year! Jan 09

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard a wonderful (no pun intended... or maybe it should be) engagement story that took place on the Magic. I would call the 800 number and ask to speak to a supervisor to get the ball rolling.

Please let us know what happens!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

As Ellen said, contact DCL by phone and explain what you're trying to arrange; I'm sure they'll do whatever they can to make it a very special occasion. It's not practical to try to do it via e-mail to the cruise director, as they have several directors who rotate duty.

He might consider trying to set it up to occur during the Sailaway Party which occurs on the 9th deck after the lifeboat drill and before the ship departs the terminal. The party is a very upbeat event, almost everyone attends, and is shown on the huge video screen on the back of the forward ship's 'funnel'. Perhaps they could call out his name, get him and her on camera and microphone, and let him pop the question right then and there. It would certainly set the tone for the entire cruise.

Or if he'd rather wait until later, perhaps the same setup during the Pirates in the Caribbean party at the same location - - he pops the question, she (hopefully!) says yes, and the shipboard fireworks show starts.

Wishing them luck and
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Great ideas, Ed! Who knew you were so romantic? Popping the question during the Sailaway Party is an inspired idea! (Talk about wishing upon a star!!!)

I had read about an engagement that took place in the theatre on the Magic during the hynoptist's show. The guy was up on stage as an audience participant and his girlfriend was in the front row. The hynoptist was in on the whole deal...
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    Great ideas, Ed! Who knew you were so romantic?

Hey, I may be but I'm still on the preferred side of the grass and daisies!

I like the stage show idea, too.

Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you

Thanks Ed & Elenita-

I think that it is a great idea to do it during the sail away of pirate party - I'll talk to the groom-to-be tonight and tell him what you said.

I ended up e-mailing DCL guest relations - to see if they can give us ideas of how to proceed. We think that just giving them the "heads up" that we are looking to do something will probably help. Here's hoping!! I just have no idea how our groom will give the bride to be the slip (to talk to someone on the cruise director's staff) - so think that any jump on the situation we can get - the better.

I'll definetly update on how it goes!

Thank you again!
    Mel

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a little update - I'm positive things are going to be wonderful for little sis and her intended!

Contacted DCL guest services via e-mail - they requested the reservation number,etc. for their room. I get an e-mail back from DCL that they contacted someone on the ship- and that guest services will be waiting for them when they get on board to assist. 2 days later, we get a call from the incomparable Kathy Peacock from Magical Journeys telling us that their room got upgraded (they had booked an inside standard guarantee) to a Deluxe Ocean view. I am so excited for them, and can't wait for vacation to start!! I can't say for sure that our inquiry and their upgrade have anything to do with each other - but, either way - it will be a wonderful surprise for them.
    Mel

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: