Quantcast Just Questions: Extreme Resort Makeover. - Page 48

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    Have you checked out the waves coming in after TS Hannah? There looks like 4 more potential storms brewing behind and one right long sind of Hannah. Should I be scared now? Or wait until next week to start being scared?
    Four more? Charming. Wait until at least Wednesday to start worrying. Multi-tasking is a great skill until you start to multi-task your worries. Even with 2 hurricanes right now the news people are getting confused. One channel here gives the weather forecast every 10 minutes...Last night they said we will get Gustav remnants by this Thursday....10 minutes later we were getting Hanna remnants by Thursday. Hanna sounds more likely, but the fact that the weather people can't keep the two apart is a little bizarre, don't you think? The rest of us seem to be able to with little problem.

I'm trying to plan for tomorrow. I'm not interested LOL. I'd rather surf Icot all day!
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just zooping in to say hello. The lights have blinked about 6x's now. You may see my "green-light" go off and on here Tornadoes just reported North of the Lake Storm coming onshore now.
    In Katrina we lost power for good when I tried to post a video so I'm a little superstitious here..
    Have a great day...
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    Just zooping in to say hello. The lights have blinked about 6x's now. You may see my "green-light" go off and on here Tornadoes just reported North of the Lake Storm coming onshore now.
    In Katrina we lost power for good when I tried to post a video so I'm a little superstitious here..
    Have a great day...
    to you and everyone else who is going through all this yet again. Our area has been hurricane central a few times in the past, so I know how it is.

Is everyone enjoying the extra day off?
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great day...
    Good to see you! I'm still praying for all of you. I did see that it downgraded once again to a 2. I guess that's good news.

The tornadoes do concern me. Stay safe, okay?
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    YES!!! I AM!!! I'm in a good mood today because I FINALLY got a good night of restful sleep, which is what I usually get but not in the last two weeks. I went to church yesterday. Coincidence? I doubt it.

Tomorrow I have to be grouchy, though. No smiling until Christmas, kwim? I will have a headache though, so that will help with the grouchiness. There is water damage in my classroom that has led to a lot of mold on the ceiling...I think it's giving me headaches because I have had one all 4 days I have been in my classroom so far this fall...but NOT on the one day I wasn't allowed in my room because they had painted the floor. At least this room doesn't have a hole in the floor!

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all!! Mike made it home safe and sound and we talked for quite a while last night before heading off to bed. He is dead serious about buying his uncle's farm and moving to NY. I don't really care either way to be honest with you, I'll live anywhere once. I've lived in Michigan, Hawaii, New Jersey, New Mexico! HEY, pretty soon I could have all the states with NEW in them! Oh except New Hampshire. He's going to call his Aunt and tell her that we're committed to it. I guess we'll just see how things come together.

I keep watching all the coverage on Gustav. Ms Minn and Jaime, hang in there, we're thinking of you! I hope the cities survive this and people can come back to their homes intact.

Hope you all have a great day. We're headed off to get some breakfast and then do some things around the house. Talk to you all later
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    Morning all!! Mike made it home safe and sound and we talked for quite a while last night before heading off to bed. He is dead serious about buying his uncle's farm and moving to NY. I don't really care either way to be honest with you, I'll live anywhere once. I've lived in Michigan, Hawaii, New Jersey, New Mexico! HEY, pretty soon I could have all the states with NEW in them! Oh except New Hampshire. He's going to call his Aunt and tell her that we're committed to it. I guess we'll just see how things come together.

I keep watching all the coverage on Gustav. Ms Minn and Jaime, hang in there, we're thinking of you! I hope the cities survive this and people can come back to their homes intact.
    You have lived in one more state than me. I've lived in Washington, Colorado, and New York.

I'm on my 10th address though. And I'm only 26. And I want to move again. I was thinking Brooklyn, but now I don't know. I kind of want to get out of NYC and into a "normal" city again. You know, the kind where you can have a car and a yard?

Post Thanks / Like

WOW - I actually have a free moment!

I don't know what it has been about this past week, but things have just been SO crazy busy, maybe I am caught up in the 'back to school' craze? Brandon starts Junior Kindergarten TOMORROW - I can't believe it is here already! I only take him for a meet the teacher session, he goes for a half day on Thursday and then it is full-time next week - so hard to believe!

We spent yesterday with Jay's family - up at Skydive Toronto - the Drop Zone. Jays brother is an instructor and does a lot of the videography for people when they jump so we took the boys up to see the silliness that Uncle Jeff does. The boys had a great time, Ben is right into airplanes now and he LOVED it!

We stopped in at RONA on the way home and bought our new bathroom sink, then it was off to Home Depot to get the tiles we picked out - Jay is trying to get the tiling done today, I need to get some scrapbooking done as I have a couple of projects I need to take to the store, and there is a contest I want to submit a layout too - there just never seems to be enough time!

Right now Jay is waiting for the mortar to dry so he has taken Brandon to the park and Benjamin is down for a nap, so here I am zooping getting some mommy time!

I hope all is well with everyone, I am happy for all of you doing the double digit dance - I keep thinking that by some miracle I will be able to join you all! Hugs for all of those affected by Gustav.

Hey, did anyone else see that possum go running by?
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    If building 7 is the quietest, I don't want it. I though CBR was insanely quiet, and I was near the road. I had to leave Stacey on all night, every night, just to sleep. Remember: the subway train is elevated right by my apartment AND I'm under the flight path for LGA. Not to mention all the car alarms, fights, and car honking that goes on.

And that lady in the bookstore is NOT like Carol!
    So.... what are you saying ??? Do you want to sleep in the lobby ????

Carol.
    So... when can we expect you to arrive ???

oops.... got to run... here comes the company.... Bye ....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    So.... what are you saying ??? Do you want to sleep in the lobby ????
    Hmmm....I didn't think of that. Is that possible? I usually sleep well at Disney out of sheer exhaustion....but I can't GET to sleep if it's too quiet.

Um...the lobby there is nice. It has a bench and a fountain, but the food court gives me the heeby jeebies. The big faces are a little bizarre.

Actually, what if I sleep in a normal room and just turn the tv to channel 18? "A little ditty I like to call summit plummet....yummy, yummy, yummy..."

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm....I didn't think of that. Is that possible? I usually sleep well at Disney out of sheer exhaustion....but I can't GET to sleep if it's too quiet.
    we bring a sound machine to disney. we use it at home and it really helps us fall asleep in a strange place.

good morning all. good luck to everyone facing gustav or hanna. bright beautiful day out there- i'm tired and don't want to do much. i'm going to make my husband cut the front lawn and i'll do the back tomorrow(or later tonite). i think laundry is my biggest ambition today.

kate
    p.s. where's Blythe( as in why hasn't she posted today?)
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Day off, what is that? I'm sitting here for another 45 minutes and then I'll be free. No day off for me.

Have a great day...
    Beth, good to see you zoop for a little bit. Been wondering how you and Bret are faring. Take care.
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all!! Mike made it home safe and sound and we talked for quite a while last night before heading off to bed. He is dead serious about buying his uncle's farm and moving to NY. He's going to call his Aunt and tell her that we're committed to it. I guess we'll just see how things come together.
    Yeah!! I hope you guys are able to make it work!!

You have lived in one more state than me. I've lived in Washington, Colorado, and New York.

I'm on my 10th address though. And I'm only 26. And I want to move again.
    Sounds like us -- we've lived in NY, MI & NH, but we've moved ... let's see, 7 times since we got married 14 years ago. We're hoping the next move is our last!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    we bring a sound machine to disney. we use it at home and it really helps us fall asleep in a strange place.

p.s. where's Blythe( as in why hasn't she posted today?)
    Ditto -- it goes w/ us everywhere, and really helps.

Silly girl, I was sleeping!! Why weren't you???

Gotta run and jump in the showers... just got done chatting w/ Dan and polishing off quite a few chips & salsa... it is so beautiful out, I wish I could stay put for the night and just relax! Oh well.... guess that'll have to be tomorrow night.

I hope you're all having an EXCELLENT holiday! to everyone!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Woo hoo, I finished my dress. Just ignore the bright red person. I was thinking I was in Maine playing the part of a lobster. Do you think I did good, Blythe?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, a free moment. Unfortunately, it's a short moment -- I have to go do seating charts and get to bed. We spent the day at the playground and at a friend's house. I have also spent a good amount of time at my computer over the last two days, unfortunately not checking up on the JQers... but checking for the results of the caption contest. So in the podcast yesterday Lou says that the winners are posted at his website. So I excitedly go to the website... and nothing. This was yesterday afternoon... today, still nothing. He's on vacation right now and had finished the podcast before he left for WDW (last Weds, before voting ended). So he uploaded the podcast yesterday but forgot (I'm assuming) to post the finalists. And now he's on a 5 day cruise.

Torture. I have decided to not talk about it anymore around the house because I think my husband is ready to disown me.

Have a good week, everyone... Bethany, best of luck with the little ones tomorrow. Sarah, would love for you to move to NY!
    And to all, stay safe!!

Kathy

PS Does anyone know all the words to 'Teddy Bears Picnic'?
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Woo hoo, I finished my dress. Just ignore the bright red person. I was thinking I was in Maine playing the part of a lobster. Do you think I did good, Blythe?
    As a lobster, or on the dress?? Seriously, the dress is so pretty... you'll have to take a picture when you've got it all accessorized for the party, etc., so we can see it all put together.

(and you look pretty good as a lobster, too.... )

How's the night treating everyone? Did you all fall asleep already???
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    PS Does anyone know all the words to 'Teddy Bears Picnic'?
    If you go down to the woods today
    You're sure of a big surprise.
    You'd better go in disguise.

For ev'ry bear that ever there was
    Will gather there for certain, because
    Today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic.

Ev'ry teddy bear who's been good
    Is sure of a treat today.
    There's lots of marvelous things to eat
    And wonderful games to play.

Beneath the trees where nobody sees
    They'll hide and seek as long as they please
    Cause that's the way the teddy bears have their picnic.

You'd better not go alone.
    It's lovely down in the woods today
    But safer to stay at home.

For ev'ry bear that ever there was
    Will gather there for certain, because
    Today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic.

Picnic time for teddy bears
    The little teddy bears are having a lovely time today
    Watch them, catch them unawares
    And see them picnic on their holiday.

See them gaily gad about
    They love to play and shout;
    They never have any care;

At six o'clock their mummies and daddies,
    Will take them home to bed,
    Because they're tired little teddy bears.

Google is your friend. My brother used to have the cassette when he was little. Actually, I might still have it. I am a known pack rat.

WHY do people BBQ inside? My next door neighbor is at it again. I swear one day he is gonna burn the building down.

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Pretty dress !

Anybody got any butter ?????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Pretty dress !

Anybody got any butter ?????
    Will butter help the red go away?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

I was told by a good friend, who just can't get enough of WDW, that Gustav is headed her way and is supposed to stall there. As if 20 inches of rain sounds like fun.

So yeah, I updated my siggy JUST FOR HER. What do y'all think? (I was told by Angel that I'm supposed to say "y'all" so I'm using it ALL THE TIME now.)

Pogo...I have THREE POUNDS of butter. Would you like some?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: