Quantcast Disney's trouble with bees? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TiggTigg5 View Post
    I'm more than just a little skeptical.

I've never heard of WDW refunding guests money; they DO issue lots of "comp" tickets that guests can use for future visits.

As others have said, if this was a major problem at WDW, it would be all over the local news, especially the Orlando "Slantinel", which often seems to go out of its way to report on anything negative about the attractions, but I haven't seen anything.
    Well, I agree with you (I was skeptical when I first heard, which is why I wanted to find out if anyone knew about this) but I do know that Disney gives money back, depending on the person you ask. We got rained out for MNSSHP last year, and the CM asked us if we wanted tickets for P&PP, MNSSHP, MVMCP, or our money back. We ended up going to MVMCP.

When I was in Kindergarten, my best friends' mother would always boast about staying at the Fort Wilderness Cabins for a week every year for free because she would complain until they gave her what she wanted. I was 5 but I still remember that and even at the time I knew it was wrong. It stuck with me all those years, because I always thought of it as "cheating."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope this isn't true. I am going down in a few weeks and have a bee allergy! I am also going by myself which scares me if I get stung and I am by myself. Does anyone know s there anywhere in the world to call and find out if this is true?
    DEC 2005 Pop Century
    Oct 2006 Old Key West
    Dec 2007 All Star Sports
    Sept 2008 Pop Century

February 2012 off property!

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

There weren't any problems with bees. I've been here.....well, my entire life. I am on property pretty much all the time. There weren't any additional problems with bees other than the norm.

What I can tell you is that there have always, and always will be, bees that occur naturally at WDW because horticulture puts them in so they help with the plants. But definitely not "swarms of killer bees".

Post Thanks / Like

The only problem I've ever encountered is at the drink refil stations at the water parks... it's pretty crazy with the bees around the stations!!
    Education Instructor - Disney's Animal Kingdom <br /><br />Call (407)WDW-TOUR to book your "Wild by Design" or "Backstage Safari" Education Program at Disney's Animal Kingdom!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I really appreciate that, I just don't wanna worry the whole time, looking over my shoulder for those black and yellow bombers that can ruin everything! The only bee I like is when Pooh Bear gets dressed up as one!
    DEC 2005 Pop Century
    Oct 2006 Old Key West
    Dec 2007 All Star Sports
    Sept 2008 Pop Century

February 2012 off property!

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

If you ignore them, they'll ignore you and go back to pollinating.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure how "big" of a problem WDW is having in general with bees.

But, last september, we took the Disney's Family Magic Tour. While we were waiting in the courtyard that is just to the right when you are facing guest relations, I noticed a bee hive in the tree in that courtyard. About 15 - 18 feet up and was a little bigger than a football.

I went into guest relations and they came out and I pointed it out to them. They went in and made a phone call. It was gone the next day.

I did take photo's of this. Will look tonight and post a link when I put them up.

Again, no idea how widespread of a problem, but was inside of the MK.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJessicaSparrow View Post
    If you ignore them, they'll ignore you and go back to pollinating.
    No, that's not always the case. We were swimming agt Fort Wilderness and my mom was at a table, just sitting there, when a bee came and stung the back of her leg. And I was sitting on a bench, waiting for the bus one time, when 3 bees came out of the bushes and I got up and they chased me (My family loved that one lol)
    (But that can happen anywhere, and that's definitely not a good enough reason to demand money back)

If you have any kind of allergies (To bees or food or animals) always carry an epi-pen in Disney with you.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: