Quantcast They changed my flight times, and didn't even tell me!!!!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool They changed my flight times, and didn't even tell me!!!!!

Not even a week after booking our September flights on AirTran, they've already changed my flight times, AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN TELL ME!! I was just randomly looking at the AirTran web site to see if there was any difference in fairs, and noticed the difference in times.

Instead of leaving KC at 7:30 a.m. and arriving at 11:05, now we're leaving at 8:15 and not arriving until 11:50.

Then coming home, instead of leaving at 7:30 p.m. and arriving in KC at 9:18, now we're leaving at 6:15 and getting home at 7:59.

We're loosing 45 minutes on the front end, and 75 minutes on back end.

I wonder how many more times they'll change it.
    Marker from MO

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am glad to see I am not the only one. I had booked AirTran out of Newburgh, NY at the beginning of this year for this upcoming December. I had been hearing about the cancellations and noticed mysteriously there were no more flights available. The next day I received an email at least stating that not only was my flight canceled and changed, they moved me to a different airport with different times. They had me going out of White Plains at 1:30 in the afternoon and leaving Disney to come back at 9:10 in the morning and changing flights instead of non stop. Talk about cutting down on my time there. When I looked on the AirTran website, they actually had early morning and later afternoon flights from White Plains, so I called and had them changed. I am still nervous those will change as well. I will NEVER fly Airtran again. We booked Jet Blue for October, so I hope to have a better experience with them. I hope your travel plans don't change again
    Cheloconnell :)

DVC Member Since 2008: BLT, GF, AK, OKW, HH

Post Thanks / Like

We are now at our 6th change!! Airtran has changed without letting us know. I do have to say that as soon as I called them and let them know, they changed it to what ever flight I wanted, and my times have actually gotten better. So now I'll just hold my breath til Sept 9th!

Post Thanks / Like

At least you found out about it before you flew. In 1999 I had a flight booked through a travel agent that got canceled, the airline put me on another flight and informed the travel agent who did not bother to tell me (reason # 1 while I will never use a travel agent again). My had already been in the air for 10 minutes when I arrived at the airport. Lucky Continental was real good about it, and got me on a flight on another airline that was leaving when my original flight was leaving.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

We are using Airtran for the first time (Dec 13-08) 1-way only coming home from WDW. They have changed our flight time 4 times now, the first time they did E-mail me regarding the time change and I had to approve the change or call them to make other arrangements. It was a matter of 20 minutes difference so I accepted the change. We are flying to WDW thru Delta their changes have involved changing the aircraft being used, and when you have reserved seats you have to call them and reconfirm. Needless to say I have been checking both airline sites daily.

Post Thanks / Like

Same thing happened to us, with no warning, or any notification. If it wasn't for a posting a few weeks ago here at Intercot, I wouldn't have checked my own reservations...
    I love Walt Disney World!!!!! :)
    A Happy Visitor since 1974!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've read a lot of posts that AirTran is doing this.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

We are also on our 6th change for airtran. Our flight changed twice just today. I originally booked our flights in Feb. for direct to and from orlando from Newburgh NY. I found a newspaper article saying airtran was discontinuing flights out of Newburgh. Airtran never called or emailed me. Now I am flying out of Rochester NY. I lost my direct flights, and precious minutes off my vacation. What really makes me mad is everytime there is a flight change, I don't get seat assignments. I paid for those seat assignments at booking. I average on hold over 20 minutes with them each time.
    I have had it. I don't care how much it costs to fly Jetblue or Southwest. This is my first and last time with Airtran.
    I am just keeping my fingers crossed that this was the last of it, but I know it isn't
    Traci
    DVC Members Saratoga and Animal Kindgom and Bay Lake Tower
    Way too many trips to count!!

Post Thanks / Like

I Am So Glad Southwest Doesnt Have These Problesm I Think I Might Go Crazy
    Next trip sept 23- thru oct 1 2013 for my sons first trip ever at 28 months.
    Carribean beach. Mnsshp, hhn, seaworld 4 disney parks 2 waterparks rented a car got photopass plus. Im ready

Post Thanks / Like

Also thanking my stars we are flying SW this time.

FYI- My friends daughter is a flight attendant for AirTran and she and a huge number of attendants just got fuloughed (LAID OFF) as they are cutting number of flights hense all the flight time changes.

They really did not get a heads up -just sorta called to a meeting and the boom lowered.
    Kim, Mom of Two Russian Angels

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry this happened to you but I'm not surprised. I've posted a few times on how it happened to me for my return trip on my last WDW visit, and I was flying US Airways not Airtran. Best wishes that it doesn't get changed again!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Ever since a major airline change numerous times on a trip to the Bahamas two years ago, we have come to accept the day we fly someplace is strictly considered a travel day. I'm on AirTran as well for Oct (after rebooking bcuz Midwest canceled). I'm supposed to get in at 11am (after Airtran has changed mine as well a couple weeks after booking w/ them). If I get into Orlando then wonderful. But, as long as I get in by bedtime on Saturday night, that's all I'm counting on. Airtran also changed our return, but now leaving an hour later then original.
    Nicole

Next up - Shades of Green (Feb 2014) and AK Jambo House ( Sept 2014)
    Stayed at: CB, POP, PO-R, FW Cabins and DL Hotel

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy So sorry

I am so glad that I have only ever flown with SW. They have always treated me well and never changed my flight time on me let alone change it on me without any notification. I am sorry to all of you whom have had this poor expirence. I hope all your vacations get better once you are surrounded by the Majic of Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    Not even a week after booking our September flights on AirTran, they've already changed my flight times, AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN TELL ME!!
    1) If you register your email address, they do notify you.
    2) If you just get ressies, they can not notify you.
    3) We have never had a non-notification of a flight change.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    My experience mirrors The RustyScupper's. AirTran has changed a number of our flight times recently and I've gotten an email each time.

I've actually found them to be one of the better airlines at keeping me up to date on changes. Delta on the other hand has yet to send me anything on any of the changes they've ever made and I'm registered with them to notify me via email, cell phone, office phone, and home phone.
    Upcoming Trips:

March '11 Beach Club Villas
    July '11 Disney Institute Seminar-Beach Club
    Aug '11 Wonder to Alaska
    Nov '11 BLT

DVC Member Since 11/06

Post Thanks / Like

Always a good idea to check your flight times 24 hours in advance to make sure you are aware of any changes that might have been made.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We have never had a non-notification of a flight change.
    Well, based on this particular experience, I'd say "never say never". They do indeed have my e-mail address on this reservation, and as of yet I have received no notice. Although, when I log on to my account and look at my bookings, it says "Should our flight schedule change, we will notify you by email as early as possible."

I think I'll be keeping a close eye on things.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

I am not laughing at you, but a situation my nephew was in about a month ago. He and 7 of his buddies went to a skateboard camp for a week. Their return flight home was changed. Each of the 8 kids got a different response from Delta. Not one of the response was the same. This is what to expect with the airline industry going forward.

I think there needs to be government oversight on it. There also needs to be consumer protection built in. If the airline chooses to make flight changes after tickets have been purchased, compensation to the customer is necessary.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

For the last couple of months, most of the major airlines have been in a state of continuous turmoil. Flights are changed more often than not, employees furloughed, planes sold off or parked in the mothball fleet in the desert, and orders for new planes canceled.

The only bright spot that I've seen is my "Old Faithful" airline - Southwest. Very few schedule changes (and most of them due to unavoidable weather problems and such), fares staying pretty reasonable (considering the HUGE increase in fuel costs), not charging for checked luggage.... and still doing it all with a smile.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

After reading this post I checked my AirTan flight info and the flight I booked just two weeks ago is now leaving an hour later than when we booked with no notification from an email. I did receive my confirmation so I know they can reach me via email.

This whole flying thing is turning into a headache. We originally booked with Midwest in February for a flight that landed in Orlando by noon and made plans to meet friends in the area. Midwest quit flying to Orlando and left me hanging with no ticktes two weeks ago. Now we redid our plans with our friends with an estimated arrival of 5:00 based on the original AirTran reservation. With the flight modification we now land after 6:00 and the odds of seeing our friends is slim to none.

I'm surprised by how poor the service has become from the airline industry.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: