Quantcast New/Odd signs going up at water parks - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyFan View Post
    [*]Don't enter the water if you are ill with diarrhea
    Ok now swimming is probably the last think that goes through my mind if i have that-

Oh yes, i will just take an immodium and ride waterslides all day......

Its sad that we have to even remind people to do that and to wash their own hands...
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Sad "Butt" true... this exists and can make you SICK!!

Many of you are truly "bumming" about this topic, but this CRYPTPO is horrible and can really make you misearable!

Two years ago we came home from our two week vacation at a Disney Moderate Resort (which we go to frequently) during that visit someone kept "dropping kids in the pool" (use your imagination with that terminology) and lifeguards had to clear pools, give a huge flush of chlorine, etc., and keep pool closed for more than an hour or so....

My point? As a 43 year old woman, two days after we came home I was horribly ill, 39 days of bowel problems, etc., which caused my hospitalization. Dr.'s asked if I had been drinking unhealthy well water, etc., or been out of country. When I told them that I had been at Disney and about the "floaters", they did more testing and it was indeed crypto!

Now I really have hard time at pools... do not frequent if I see lots of children with parents who are not as "vigilent" about swim diapers or making sure that they take breaks....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sign are a good idea

I think the signs are fine. After working in hotels for over 15 years, you would be amazed at parents who let thier sick kids in the pool just so they wouldnt have to hear them complain/throw a temper tandrum. Many a day the pool had to be closed for cleaning and what not.

Post Thanks / Like

We have been dealing with this for several years here in the Pacific Northwest. Many lakes have posted signs because of the E-Coli bacteria that is spread through fecal matter as well as food items. I'm not sure if this is the same thing but it sounds to be the same. The signs that are posted suggested that small children not even swim in these lakes because if they do get E-coli it is harder for them to get through it. If a person would use commin sense...don't let your child swim if they are ill...it would keep the E-coli bacteria from spreading, but there are a lot of people that don't use common sense.

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

It amazes me the number of people I see leaving public bathrooms without even glancing at the sinks! I try to always have sanitizer with me.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah.. these signs are first kind of funny when you see them.. then you find yourself REALLY hoping that people are following them!!!
    Education Instructor - Disney's Animal Kingdom <br /><br />Call (407)WDW-TOUR to book your "Wild by Design" or "Backstage Safari" Education Program at Disney's Animal Kingdom!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats awful! I can't belive that some parents don't have more sense then that. I too have witnessed the children running around the pools in incredibly waterlogged swim diapers. It makes you wish that Disney employees could be more forceful in enforcing the rules without having to worry about causing an uproar.
    Tina

Life is a prize, live every minute...

Disney World x 100+
    Disney Land x 1
    Disney Land Paris x 2

Post Thanks / Like

i pretty much avoid waterparks in general because of things like that.

at first I didn't go to places like Typhoon Lagoon or Water Country because I was self conscience about my body,

but since overcoming that I've decided that places like this are highly unsanitary...it's like taking a bath with hundreds of strangers!
    "Be fair, alright, everyone wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" - Jason Lee as Brodie Bruce in "MALLRATS"!

RESORTS STAYED AT:
    Old Key West
    Dixie Landings (yeah, I'm old school)
    Beach Club Villas
    Caribbean Beach
    All Star Music

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: