Quantcast Just Questions: Sanitized for Your Protection - Page 40

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MauiMouse View Post
    So on that note, anybody want anything special from WDW? I'd pick it up for my JQ friends.
    I don't suppose you could smuggle back a Mickey Bar, could you? Seriously though, I hope, know, you'll have a great time!
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Our kid's first day is today (uhhh, student's)
    Already? Mine don't go back for over a month!
    Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Of course we missed you ! You're the life of the party ! The hub of the wheel ! The core of the apple ! The center of our universe !
    You ARE T&G !!!!!
    Feeling good today, Pogo?
    Was there really an earthquake in LA ????? Was it named Harry or Euan ????
    Yep, there was an earthquake. I'm thinking Jenn was telling the boys it was time to leave DL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    My assistant only called twice, each day the store was opened..I'm getting a feeling that she can't run it without me. Yesterday I told her I didn't want to hear it bacause I need my time for me, did I do good?
    My boss calls me all the time when I am off - sometimes while out of town on vacation. But he knows my rule now - if he calls, even for a quick 3 minute call, I get credit for a full hour of work (and one less hour taken of vacation!). Its amazing how that has slowed the calls down to "emergency only".
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeysGirl View Post
    Do you know I'd have to go back 10 pages to catch up on the last things I read in here?
    Just think, you have fun AND improve your reading skills!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    Ken, sometimes this place is just what the doctor ordered for a funk.
    Who else has been down and come here and felt better?
    I totally agree. Although that last thread was kind of depressing....this one is looking better!

Well the good news is, if I can squeeze 12 hours of work into 10 hours each day for the next two days, I won't have to work this weekend. Do you think I can make it??

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    I think the funk's partly related to the realization that the December meet just isn't going to happen for the D'boy family and tiredness from the 'week of neverending rehearsals' for DD's play. I should be perked up by the weekend.
    Ken..... we're sorry to hear this. But it ain't December yet. Maybe something will happen so you can get there. Hang in there !
    Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    And since I know I can brag here a little..I did land a new client today. Of much happy making budget news. (so who thinks mama needs a new pair of shoes?)
    I am impressed ! Congratulations ! Did you have to play golf to land the new client ????

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Try this link -- pirate rooms --
    I hope that works, I've never done links from this site before...

Pretty cool, eh?? I want one...
    OK... you are gonna hate me for this, but I'm very disappointed in the change. We love the theme already.
    Good note is that I got a new carry-on from LLBean for my trip in only 23 days. It's a rolling duffle bag and well it's so much larger than my old carry-on. I'm happy.

Remind me to tell you to check out a link on my Facebook page before I leave. There might be a surprise or two, you might get to see Stacy "live". We shall see.

So on that note, anybody want anything special from WDW? I'd pick it up for my JQ friends.

This is the first time I've seen someone taking requests 23 days out ! You're the best, Mary.... I'll take one Mickey Bar for each day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Feeling good today, Pogo?

Well the good news is, if I can squeeze 12 hours of work into 10 hours each day for the next two days, I won't have to work this weekend. Do you think I can make it??
    Maybe if you quit taking personal calls during work hours you might !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    i love the scale smilie too. i have a similar soapbox. my involves people on medicaid who abuse the ambulance system. we get all types coming by ambulance for dumb reasons. if you are truly in labor and have no means of transportation of course call for an ambulance. but if the condition you have has been going on for three days- and somehow you couldn't go to the doctor's office when they were open- don't take an ambulance at 2am. and the best part of the ambulance people- the friends and family that swarm out of the woodwork. obviousley they had cars to get to the hospital- perhaps they could have driven you. okey off my soapbox. sorry for the rant. off to the showers to get ready for work.

kate
    Amen sister!! People abuse the Medicaid system almost as much as disability. My doc doesn't accept/contract with Medicaid so that's a nice start. We just get so many people who are applying for disability and say that they can't work or do anything, and they don't have any more problems then I have. Sometimes you just have to cowboy up for pete's sake!
    I did have a laugh-out-loud moment when I got home yesterday. DW has been doing home-made soap lately and she just got done making some that has oatmeal, honey and lemon in it. She told me that she forgot what she was making and in the middle of it decided to taste her recipe. I guess she gets a free pass on the next time she lets a nasty word or two slip, since she's already washed her own mouth out with soap.
    LOL!! I can see how that would happen, I mean she thought she was cooking, just forgot that she was cookin soap!

I sure hope that you're able to come in December, it would be so nice to meet you. Don't give up, you never know what might happen!

What kind of writing do you do? I would love to read a book that you wrote!
    Ditto, esp. recently...
    Well, let's cry on the scale together girl, and then support each other to change it, deal?
    Quick zoop to say "hi" to everyone!

Mary, I would ask you to bring back a bunch of stuff but we'll be there a week or so after you!! Thanks for the thought. I hope you have a MAGICAL time!!

So I just got back from lap swimming at the pool. It was really good exercise and my legs are really hurting. I go to aerobics tomorrow so we'll see if I can walk after all of this week!

Hope you all having a wonderful evening love ya!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely! That's quite the motivation!!

OK... you are gonna hate me for this, but I'm very disappointed in the change. We love the theme already.
    Then lucky for you, it's only going to be in the Trinidad South building!

But the rest of the resort is getting a makeover, too... it's going with "Nemo", which had me worried, but it's cute and still tropical w/o being too much. (There are pics on one of Jason's updates) I'll hopefully get to stay in one of those re-done rooms in December, and then, shiver-me-timbers, it'll be yo-ho, yo-ho, a pirate's life for us!!

Well, I've got to run and get ready for work... sounds funny to say at 10pm!! The concert was very nice, they did a great variety of band music with the most amazing xylophone solo I've ever heard! He was awesome. Then it was off for ice-cream... and now I'm tired! So, I think it'll be a stop at DD on the way in... anyone else staying up and want a latte or such??
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    Sometimes you just have to cowboy up for pete's sake!

Well, let's cry on the scale together girl, and then support each other to change it, deal?

So I just got back from lap swimming at the pool. It was really good exercise and my legs are really hurting. I go to aerobics tomorrow so we'll see if I can walk after all of this week!

Deal!!

Good for you -- that's totally awesome. You're inspiring me to get back after it... the ice-cream today (okay, twice, had some w/ my mom, too... ) sure didn't help, but tomorrow's another day, right??

Okay, sorry for the serial-posting, gotta run now... bye!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

All related to my 'second job':

1. I helped another member of our writers group put on a panel discussion at a book store Sunday afternoon and one of the people in attendance emailed him that that was one of the most helpful and informative they'd attended.

2. I got an unsolicited voicemail from someone local who had read the book and wanted to tell me how much he enjoyed it.

3. I got a long-overdue consignment check from a book store in another part of the state.

I did have a laugh-out-loud moment when I got home yesterday. DW has been doing home-made soap lately and she just got done making some that has oatmeal, honey and lemon in it. She told me that she forgot what she was making and in the middle of it decided to taste her recipe. I guess she gets a free pass on the next time she lets a nasty word or two slip, since she's already washed her own mouth out with soap.

I think the funk's partly related to the realization that the December meet just isn't going to happen for the D'boy family and tiredness from the 'week of neverending rehearsals' for DD's play. I should be perked up by the weekend.
    Do you think with all the business Pogo is picking up by playing golf, that he's pay for your trip to meet the rest of us?

Way to go with your "other job"!!!

Quick question for Carol. Did you find those Space Mountain and other items at Michael's? I went and couldn't find any attraction items, only the stuff that I already have. Thanks.
    I found it at Michael's, but I didn't see them at another Michael's that I was at the week before. Do you want me to find some for you?

My boss calls me all the time when I am off - sometimes while out of town on vacation. But he knows my rule now - if he calls, even for a quick 3 minute call, I get credit for a full hour of work (and one less hour taken of vacation!). Its amazing how that has slowed the calls down to "emergency only".
    I wish I could do that. My assistant really can't handle it when big shipments come in. She got 3 big cabinets, plus all the thread that belongs in them and paniced. Usually that's when she calls. I came in today, called my boss,opened them up, moved them to where they needed to go(they were on wheels) and the supervisor came in and helped me move some filled cabinets to sit the new ones where they needed to go. No reason to panic!! My supervisor wanted to see them because all her other managers were calling her asking about the size.

I did have a little talk with my assistant today, telling her that I really need time away from the store and not to worry about anything when I'm not there. My supervisor told me not to aswer the phone on my days off...which I will not do anymore, since I have her permission!!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe if you quit taking personal calls during work hours you might !
    But thats what keeps me sane!! Besides, how else would I know how to make a Lapu Lapu?
    I'll join you guys on that one!

Well I'm off to run some errands. I'll check in later, but most of you will probably be . Maybe Blythe will be around later?

pogo Guest

Okay, sorry for the serial-posting, gotta run now... bye!!
    So that's how you get your post count up !

See that Kate ????? Blythe is a serial poster !

Sarah.... I've met both you and Blythe and I'll tell ya...... I'd be very proud to have both of you with me for a picture in December. One on each side ! Me and two beautiful chicks !

Post Thanks / Like

Sarah, what about getting rid of the scale and make a tape measure your best friend? I don't own a scale and will never again own a scale. I found that I was becoming a slave to it and that it's more rewarding to watch the inches go away. It gets really disapointing to try and try and only lose a pound or two, but when you lose and inch or two, its so much more fun and it could mean a size difference with clothes. Just my
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Deal!!

Good for you -- that's totally awesome. You're inspiring me to get back after it... the ice-cream today (okay, twice, had some w/ my mom, too... ) sure didn't help, but tomorrow's another day, right??
    I'll support you in any way I can and don't worry about the ice cream, we all fall off the wagon. I have a 1/2 gallon of heath bar ice cream screaming my name right now!!
    I'll join you guys on that one!
    Hop on sister!! We're all going to get healthy if it kills us!!
    Sarah.... I've met both you and Blythe and I'll tell ya...... I'd be very proud to have both of you with me for a picture in December. One on each side ! Me and two beautiful chicks !
    you charmer!! I hope to take a TON of pictures in December and if you're lucky, you can have one with you, me and Blythe
    Sarah, what about getting rid of the scale and make a tape measure your best friend? I don't own a scale and will never again own a scale. I found that I was becoming a slave to it and that it's more rewarding to watch the inches go away. It gets really disapointing to try and try and only lose a pound or two, but when you lose and inch or two, its so much more fun and it could mean a size difference with clothes. Just my
    Carol, you couldn't be more right, the scale is very depressing!! I use it as a slight gauge of how I'm going but I don't weigh a million times just to depress myself. I like to go by how my clothes are fitting and how much energy I have. That's how I know I'm making progress!

So I guess I should get off to bed. I have swim shoulder and I need to lay down. Blythe, be careful tonight ok? I don't know why I worry about you working nights, I just do. to all of you!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Blythe will be around later?
    Here I am!! Zooping in to say hi to all you sleepyheads and tell you that both Kate and I are here, we're actually working on the same floor, and we're also on the same end of the same floor! That NEVER happens... can you say Disney planning??? (Okay, maybe... we're kinda busy... )

NOT!!! It's my wit and words of wisdom... yeah, that's it!!

Shhhh... don't give Kate any secrets!!

Pogo, did anyone ever tell you you're too sweet?? How'd Patti get so lucky??

And a very good two cents it is... I found I did much better when I measured. Just haven't gotten back in the habit again... but maybe I should.

I'll support you in any way I can and don't worry about the ice cream, we all fall off the wagon. I have a 1/2 gallon of heath bar ice cream screaming my name right now!!

Hop on sister!! We're all going to get healthy if it kills us!!

you charmer!! I hope to take a TON of pictures in December and if you're lucky, you can have one with you, me and Blythe.

Blythe, be careful tonight ok? I don't know why I worry about you working nights, I just do.
    So, who won -- you or the ice-cream???

And it just might...

(should we charge him?? )

Thanks.... you're sweet!! I'm so used to it by now... the only rough time is on my way home in the mornings after my first night on in awhile. I talk to Dan every morning as we drive, but on those days, I keep him on the phone longer and he "talks me in".

Well, I hope you all had a great evening/night... I'll probably zoop in later, and I'm sure Kate will show up here at some point, too.

Bye!
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

bylthe is a serial something. i'm just not sure what.
    sounds good except i would need someone else to measure me. and i really don't want my husband to do it.
    Here I am!! Zooping in to say hi to all you sleepyheads and tell you that both Kate and I are here, we're actually working on the same floor, and we're also on the same end of the same floor! That NEVER happens... can you say Disney planning???

I'm sure Kate will show up here at some point, too.

Bye!
    some of us are working harder than others. i can only aspire to blythe's post count. i just can't chat that much.

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Have a happy day to all! Gotta run .

School is crazy! Enrollment is up. Stress is everywhere!

Congrats to all with big numbers!

Pixie Dust to all needing mending

Where is that question?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

pogo Guest

Good morning all........ lots of storms last night. It woke me up a couple of times. Do you think I'll need a nap later today ?

Pogo, did anyone ever tell you you're too sweet?? How'd Patti get so lucky??
    I think she lost a bet !
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    sounds good except i would need someone else to measure me. and i really don't want my husband to do it.
    Want me to do it ?????

Congrats to all with big numbers!

Pixie Dust to all needing mending

Where is that question?
    Slow down, Sis...... slow down.

Has anyone seen Traci.... I'm getting worried about her.

Working at home today.... I'll see you all a little later.

Post Thanks / Like

I found it at Michael's, but I didn't see them at another Michael's that I was at the week before. Do you want me to find some for you?
    I have one other Michael's in the area that I can check. Thanks Carol.

This is the first time I've seen someone taking requests 23 days out ! You're the best, Mary.... I'll take one Mickey Bar for each day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    I don't suppose you could smuggle back a Mickey Bar, could you? Seriously though, I hope, know, you'll have a great time!
    If I could bring home some dry ice on the plane I'd bring a couple dozen

Do you think that the TSA would frown upon carrying on dry ice?

Have a good day Deb!.
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all! (and Pogo I didn't have to play golf to land this client...I just had to be me. I think it's a better long term plan. If I rely on my golf game Will would starve to death)

So I hope everyone is doing well today. Carol good for you making a plan not to answer your phone. Since Sandy hasn't been by with the coffee for this am here it is along with tea (both hot and cold), OJ and perhaps for a change of pace orange mango pinneapple juice?

Have a wonderful day all.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning JQ'ers, what I can't sleep in on my day off?
    So what's for breakfast this am?
    Shall we visit a park today to lift our spirits?
    Have a magical day
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all, how's it going? I'm VERY sore today from my lap swim last night, but that's ok. I'm going to try to make it to the water aerobics class tonight. I've done pretty good so far this week, I just need to keep it up.

Sounds like everyone is busy today. We have a pretty full day of patients today, not as bad as yesterday. We do have a guy coming in this morning who last time he saw us he took the doctor's prescription for narcs and tried to photocopy it and fill it at pharmacies all over town. That was like 2 years ago. I'm not sure if he remembers that he's seen us before but is supposed to come in today to be seen. It should be interesting how this all plays out.

Hope you all have a great day, I'll check in later to all!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all! Already been an adventurous morning. It's dreary out, but saw the most beautiful rainbow driving in... oh wait... that deary just turned into rain.

I left Rob at home today. He has an achy back and didn't get much sleep last night, so hopefully a day of resting will help him feel better. In the same vein, tomorrow we took off to go to Orange Beach with a friend for the weekend. How fun is that if Rob is sore the whole time? Hopefully some will help him relax a bit.

Just think, you have fun AND improve your reading skills!
    This is so very true! Bigger problem, the TIME to catch up on it all. You guys are gonna be in a new thread by the time I get to catch up on Monday. I'll just have to skip over more stuff. You're not going to leave me hanging out to dry when I'm lost in December, are you?

Sarah, what about getting rid of the scale and make a tape measure your best friend? I don't own a scale and will never again own a scale. I found that I was becoming a slave to it and that it's more rewarding to watch the inches go away. It gets really disapointing to try and try and only lose a pound or two, but when you lose and inch or two, its so much more fun and it could mean a size difference with clothes. Just my two cents.
    Carol, I couldn't agree with this more. I've started doing Slim Fast (again) over the past two months. It was working great, I was seeing the inches come off and cataloging my exercising. The scale still disgusted me. Lately it's been working "less" as I haven't worked out in a while (busted knee, business, etc) so when I get back into it, let's start calculating the progress, right??

Good luck with the time off! Don't answer that phone if you don't have to!

Do you think that the TSA would frown upon carrying on dry ice?
    Ask Ed, he'd know if TSA would have a problem. I can't believe your trip is in 3 weeks. Have a wonderful time and try not to think about the stress at home, OK?

Morning all, how's it going? I'm VERY sore today from my lap swim last night, but that's ok. I'm going to try to make it to the water aerobics class tonight. I've done pretty good so far this week, I just need to keep it up.
    But remember Sarah, it's a GOOD sore! Being achy when you know you've worked out so hard is rather rewarding. Kind of dulls the effects of the pain.. sort of.

I completely forgot Jenn was in DL when that earthquake happened. I hope she wasn't freaked out too badly. I know I would be!

Ken, congrats on the good news. How rewarding! I'm sorry to hear you can't come in December. I still want to get a signed copy of your book from you.

For what it's worth, I didn't know about the Pirate Rooms either. Lea-Ann, good luck getting yours. I have to agree with Tom though, I prefer Carribean Beach just the way it is. But I suppose if it is actually an improvement...

Deb, good luck with the kids. Hard to believe they are starting so early. Little Nigel doesn't start for another 3 weeks, and we thought that was early!

OK, I better run. Much to do. Have a great day all!
    MickeysGirl aka: Jamie
    Mrs_Nigel_C at your service! :)

And they lived happily ever after....

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: