Quantcast Just Questions: Sanitized for Your Protection - Page 39

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    Did anyone see my milestone?
    Congrats Sarah, hope your allergies get better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    Zoop. Things are just insane right now, work especially. I do miss you all though, and hope you feel the same.
    Of course we miss u Scott.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    i was excited to hit 300 last night.
    Congrats Kate.
    Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    But haven't decided if I just want to buy one off the rack or attempt to make it myself. Which would be the less of 2 evils?
    Good luck with the dress Sandy. I hate shopping for jeans, I can never find the right ones that fit just right and hide in all my fat. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Zoop... quick stop before I go pick up my mom... she's spending the day here with me/us.
    Have a fun day with your mom Blythe.

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    My assistant only called twice, each day the store was opened..I'm getting a feeling that she can't run it without me. Yesterday I told her I didn't want to hear it bacause I need my time for me, did I do good?
    Good job Carol. I am glad that u stood up for yourself. Obviously she can't run the show when you aren't there which makes u a valuable person.

Hey I just realized that this was my 300th post. I am still feeling under the weather and I am trying to get through this day at work, blah. I just made some Elvis style pancakes with peanut butter, chocolate chips and bananas. Who is brave enough to try em?
    ~Ashley~
    ~șOș 83-93 -Poly
    96-ASMu
    2x 2006- POR
    2x 2007- CBR/POR
    2008- AKL
    2009- CR
    Apr 2010- Poly
    Oct 2010- AKL & Poly
    Next trip Mar 2011 GF șOș~

Here you leave today - and visit the worlds of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Did I mention I am contemplating retiring after this year?
    You know, I think you may have mentioned it.

Yesterday I told her I didn't want to hear it bacause I need my time for me, did I do good?
    Good for you! Way to use that backbone.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyCouture;1701765[FONT="Palatino Linotype"
    Hey I just realized that this was my 300th post. I am still feeling under the weather and I am trying to get through this day at work, blah. I just made some Elvis style pancakes with peanut butter, chocolate chips and bananas. Who is brave enough to try em?[/FONT]
    Congrats to you and Kate on 300 posts each!

And, I think I'll pass on the Elvis cakes as it sound like a bit of a carb overload to me.

Did you know that we got a little rain this morning? It's the remnants of Hurricane Dolly!
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

and Happy Numbers to Kate and Sarah!

thanks, and hope the retirement works well

Zoop... quick stop before I go pick up my mom... she's spending the day here with me/us.

to everyone who needs it and to all... does anyone have any more coffee out there, btw? In desperate need.... stayed up TOO late...
    and what were you doing last night, young lady??

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyCouture View Post
    Congrats Kate.

Hey I just realized that this was my 300th post. I am still feeling under the weather and I am trying to get through this day at work, blah. I just made some Elvis style pancakes with peanut butter, chocolate chips and bananas. Who is brave enough to try em?
    not brave enougth but thanks anyway. congrats on the 300. i think its a big mark.

kate
    and the night crew will be working the next 3 nights in a row
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

pogo Guest

Hey, Buddy, are you getting soft or what? I left it wide open for you!!!
    Nope.... too easy ! Who do you think I am, Alex ????
    How long has he been here?
    About nine years. When he comes back to New York he has to start taking Clariton.
    [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Hey I just realized that this was my 300th post. I am still feeling under the weather and I am trying to get through this day at work, blah.
    Congratulations on 300 !

I hope you're feeling better !

And I'll sleep better knowing it !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Nope.... too easy ! Who do you think I am, Alex ????
    Do you mean I have to make it harder on you? Where is Alex hiding anyway(and I'm not talking little Alex, he's to little for this yet!!)?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know I'd have to go back 10 pages to catch up on the last things I read in here?

Sorry to be gone, been busy. Hard to keep up with you guys!

Anyway, just wanted to show my face and say hi and make sure you all knew that you hadn't scared me away that easily! Hope to be around more a bit next week.

Take care everyone!
    MickeysGirl aka: Jamie
    Mrs_Nigel_C at your service! :)

And they lived happily ever after....

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jamie!

Did I hear there's a Low Pressure off your coast that may develop into something tropical? If so, keep an eye to the sky and ear to the weather reports and be safe.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Scott!

I hadn't heard anything, but I usually don't go seeking these things out, you know? Rob knows better than to tell me before it's either in the national news or at my doorstep. I get a little too paniced by it all.

But I'll keep an ear out. From what I'm seeing on weather underground's site, it's just a wave and they don't expect anything of it. Hopefully it stays that way!
    MickeysGirl aka: Jamie
    Mrs_Nigel_C at your service! :)

And they lived happily ever after....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    Well, the podiatrist is convinced it is my toenail growing back out again. He wanted to do the procedure today, but I got him to postpone it to next week (Tuesday afternoon) so I could wear my open-toed shoes to my niece's wedding this weekend.
    Oh Rhonda, that is too bad that it has grown back, is the nail related to ?? Here's hoping you have a great time at your nieces wedding and that your toe will allow you to dance & hae a great time!

I made plenty so sending some out your way.

I was having a good day, but then my stupid computer got a virus and froze up. It really upset me about the virus, because I think I got it from my excite mail. I never read my email there if I don't know people I'm getting it from, I just delete it. Now they changed there format and everything has to be clicked on to delete...grrrrrrr. I went to do a recovery and accidently did a system recovery and lost everything, so I've been fighting with the stupid thing all day...right now I kidnapped Gilles laptop.
    Some salad heading your way also...do you think the mayo will make it?
    Thanks for the salads We actually ended up ordering pizza, always nice - no muss no fuss, and I pulled out the fine paper china for the in-laws!

I went to dd Amy's first day of REAL work after school. She colored my hair. Do you want to know what color it is?
    PINK??!!

It's back to work for me today, since I've had the last three days off. My assistant only called twice, each day the store was opened..I'm getting a feeling that she can't run it without me. Yesterday I told her I didn't want to hear it bacause I need my time for me, did I do good?
    Good for you! You spend enough time there and my guess is they sure as heck are not paying you to take her calls on your days off? Would it not have been possible for her to have called another store?

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysGirl View Post
    Anyway, just wanted to show my face and say hi and make sure you all knew that you hadn't scared me away that easily! Hope to be around more a bit next week.

Take care everyone!
    Hi Jamie

So I did it! I have had enough of my Disney dry spell and I booked a few weeks next Sept/Oct 2009 and am hoping for a new pirate room at CBR!!! Please send me some that my ressie demands are met! Oh yah, and that free dining is offered again!

Today has been one of those days. Ben would not stay in the cart while I was grocery shopping, game on and the melt down begins! Thankfully I opened a bag of Crispy Minis and they seemed to soothe him!

I went to pic up some pictures from a local grocery store - I have not ordered pics from them in a long time because of their poor service, but they called the other day to say that I had pics there to be picked up from December. When I went in to get them the clerk said I had to pay for them before she would even let me look at them? I explained to her that the only I could think of was that it was an I order I told them to cancel because their computer system had broken down YET AGAIN. She then let me see them and sure enough it was stuff that I had wanted for Christmas albums I did of the kids - she did not charge me as I told her that was what they were and I had already gone elsewhere to have them developed.

I then went to another store, walked down the cleaning isle and slipped in a puddle of chemical goo that was on the floor. I was wearing my croc sandals and the goo went all over my feet. I told a kid that worked there what happened and asked if there was somewhere that I could go to clean my feet and he offered no assistance whatsoever. I finally had to ask another girl that worked there to help me, meanwhile it was tingling my toes!

I just want a peaceful afternoon, is that too much to ask?
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just zooping in to say 'hey'. I've been in a little bit of a funk for the last couple of days, so not feeling too talkative, even though I've been keeping up with the reading. Shouldn't have been in a funk yesterday; I had three little good news things happen, but c'est la vie.

I guess I still shouldn't forget my question, eh?
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysGirl View Post

Anyway, just wanted to show my face and say hi and make sure you all knew that you hadn't scared me away that easily!
    Hi Jamie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    So I did it! I have had enough of my Disney dry spell and I booked a few weeks next Sept/Oct 2009 and am hoping for a new pirate room at CBR!!! Please send me some that my ressie demands are met! Oh yah, and that free dining is offered again!
    I then went to another store, walked down the cleaning isle and slipped in a puddle of chemical goo that was on the floor. I was wearing my croc sandals and the goo went all over my feet.
    Hey Lea-Ann, Congrats on your ressies! the u get the room. I am sorry to hear about the chemicals on your foot. What a bummer, gotta love the ppl that work in the stores these days. lol. I will post my scrapbook pics once I fiqure out a website to put them on. Still new to that whole thing. Thanks for the invite to the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    I've been in a little bit of a funk for the last couple of days, so not feeling too talkative, even though I've been keeping up with the reading.
    Hope you feel better with whatever u may be going through. Come back and talk with all of us soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    I hope you're feeling better !
    Thanks Pogo!

How is everyone else's day going so far?
    ~Ashley~
    ~șOș 83-93 -Poly
    96-ASMu
    2x 2006- POR
    2x 2007- CBR/POR
    2008- AKL
    2009- CR
    Apr 2010- Poly
    Oct 2010- AKL & Poly
    Next trip Mar 2011 GF șOș~

Here you leave today - and visit the worlds of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy

Post Thanks / Like

Oops, I didn't mean to panick Jamie, forget I said anything. The weather is beautiful and sunshine.

Lee-Ann, can I send that you'll be able to take me with you? That's right in the middle of two trips and would be a perfect get-away.

Ken, sometimes this place is just what the doctor ordered for a funk.
    Who else has been down and come here and felt better?
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey I just realized that this was my 300th post. [/FONT]
    Congrats! You guys (see below...) are catching up!!

and what were you doing last night, young lady??

First off, congrats on 300!!! I knew you could do it... you just had to meet the right folks!!

Second, I watched the special on Randy Pausch... ... amazing man.... then spent too long pondering life and it's eventualities and viewpoints on living llife to the fullest with Dan...

Third... double !! But I'll see you at 11pm, and I'll explain to you then why I'm not on 'till 11...

So I did it! I have had enough of my Disney dry spell and I booked a few weeks next Sept/Oct 2009 and am hoping for a new pirate room at CBR!!! Please send me some pixie dust hat my ressie demands are met! Oh yah, and that free dining is offered again!

Yeah for you!! Did the reservation CM say anything about guaranteeing a Trinidad South room? Those pirate rooms are awesome looking, and that's where I want to end up next October, too. I'm just worried that everyone will want one, and am wondering how far out we should make our ressie just to get one!! We're planning on going to MNSSHP, as pirates, so I've just GOT to get a room there!!

Apparently so, seeing what you went through... I hope the rest of your day has been better!!

Just zooping in to say 'hey'. I've been in a little bit of a funk for the last couple of days, so not feeling too talkative, even though I've been keeping up with the reading. Shouldn't have been in a funk yesterday; I had three little good news things happen, but c'est la vie.
    Ken, sorry to hear you've been down... it's rough when it seems to hit for no reason, and you just feel like hiding away. Glad you're back -- and what were your three happy good news things?? Inquiring minds want to know...

Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    Ken, sometimes this place is just what the doctor ordered for a funk.
    Who else has been down and come here and felt better?
    Definitely... I always find a smile here!!

Okay, gotta run again... we're headed across the street tonight for a summer band concert that a few friends and their kids are in... and hopefully, out for ice-cream if the weather co-operates... so I've got to get a few things done beforehand and I s'pose I've got to feed the kiddos... catch ya'all later!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon everyone!! How's the day going? Mine is actually going by really fast which is nice. I went to lunch with my parents, it was my Mom's birthday. It went pretty good. My mom wanted to have the whole "why are you so overweight" conversation but I conveniently steered her clear of that. It has just been a day of nutcase patients. I get so tired of people wanting the doctor to fill out paperwork to say they're disabled when they're not. Some lady had this big sob story about having to be homeless if the doctor didn't fill out her paperwork, like that isn't a lot of pressure! It just makes me so mad Disability is supposed to be for people who need assistance and help, not for people who just don't want to work. OK, I'll get off my

Hey I just saw this Was that not perfect for me last week with the dress and the wedding? LOL that's how I feel, believe me!

Have a great rest of the day to all!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

I then went to another store, walked down the cleaning isle and slipped in a puddle of chemical goo that was on the floor. I was wearing my croc sandals and the goo went all over my feet. I told a kid that worked there what happened and asked if there was somewhere that I could go to clean my feet and he offered no assistance whatsoever. I finally had to ask another girl that worked there to help me, meanwhile it was tingling my toes!

first my question. am i the only one who doesn't know a thing about pirate rooms?

so sorry about the chemical spill. how is your foot feeling? thats a shame the first kid did nothing to help.

Good afternoon everyone!! How's the day going? Mine is actually going by really fast which is nice. I went to lunch with my parents, it was my Mom's birthday. It went pretty good. My mom wanted to have the whole "why are you so overweight" conversation but I conveniently steered her clear of that. It has just been a day of nutcase patients. I get so tired of people wanting the doctor to fill out paperwork to say they're disabled when they're not. Some lady had this big sob story about having to be homeless if the doctor didn't fill out her paperwork, like that isn't a lot of pressure! It just makes me so mad Disability is supposed to be for people who need assistance and help, not for people who just don't want to work. OK, I'll get off my

Hey I just saw this Was that not perfect for me last week with the dress and the wedding? LOL that's how I feel, believe me!

Have a great rest of the day to all!
    i love the scale smilie too. i have a similar soapbox. my involves people on medicaid who abuse the ambulance system. we get all types coming by ambulance for dumb reasons. if you are truly in labor and have no means of transportation of course call for an ambulance. but if the condition you have has been going on for three days- and somehow you couldn't go to the doctor's office when they were open- don't take an ambulance at 2am. and the best part of the ambulance people- the friends and family that swarm out of the woodwork. obviousley they had cars to get to the hospital- perhaps they could have driven you. okey off my soapbox. sorry for the rant. off to the showers to get ready for work.

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

- and what were your three happy good news things?? Inquiring minds want to know...
    All related to my 'second job':

1. I helped another member of our writers group put on a panel discussion at a book store Sunday afternoon and one of the people in attendance emailed him that that was one of the most helpful and informative they'd attended.

2. I got an unsolicited voicemail from someone local who had read the book and wanted to tell me how much he enjoyed it.

3. I got a long-overdue consignment check from a book store in another part of the state.

I did have a laugh-out-loud moment when I got home yesterday. DW has been doing home-made soap lately and she just got done making some that has oatmeal, honey and lemon in it. She told me that she forgot what she was making and in the middle of it decided to taste her recipe. I guess she gets a free pass on the next time she lets a nasty word or two slip, since she's already washed her own mouth out with soap.

I think the funk's partly related to the realization that the December meet just isn't going to happen for the D'boy family and tiredness from the 'week of neverending rehearsals' for DD's play. I should be perked up by the weekend.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Ken those good things do sound good! Even if the bad thing about december isn't good.

Congrats on the milestones ladies! for those that need it. (and don't worry I didn't know about Pirate rooms either..need to get out from under my rock I guess)

Deb what colour is the hair? I hope it's a nice red. (though to be honest I'm feeling the call of blond again)

And since I know I can brag here a little..I did land a new client today. Of much happy making budget news. (so who thinks mama needs a new pair of shoes?)
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto, esp. recently...

first my question. am i the only one who doesn't know a thing about pirate rooms?
    Try this link -- pirate rooms --
    I hope that works, I've never done links from this site before...

Pretty cool, eh?? I want one...

I think the funk's partly related to the realization that the December meet just isn't going to happen for the D'boy family and tiredness from the 'week of neverending rehearsals' for DD's play. I should be perked up by the weekend.
    All those good news things about your writing is awesome!!

I'm sorry to hear December's not working for you guys... I sure would like to meet you & Mary. You never know, maybe something will change... but if it doesn't, know you'll be thought of, toasted often and called at least a few times!!

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    (and don't worry I didn't know about Pirate rooms either..need to get out from under my rock I guess)

And since I know I can brag here a little..I did land a new client today. Of much happy making budget news. (so who thinks mama needs a new pair of shoes?)
    see above...

Congrats!! And you?? New shoes?? I'd have never guessed....
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, everyone! I posted yesterday but apparently it didn't make the trip from my computer to ICOT. My cable modem died on Saturday, so it was replaced yesterday. BUT it's still giving me a bit of trouble.

I went to dd Amy's first day of REAL work after school. She colored my hair. Do you want to know what color it is?
    Orange? (Lucy, is that you? )

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    I've been thinking of getting a bit dressed up for my b-day this year.
    Can we celebrate it while we're all there?

No fair. I can't even begin to think about retirement... (and you're younger than me )

I just made some Elvis style pancakes with peanut butter, chocolate chips and bananas. Who is brave enough to try em?
    What? No bacon?

So do you have super powers yet? (Super Scrapper, perhaps?)

Later, s!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quick zoop to say "hi" to everyone!

So how is everyone doing? I'm doing better, trying to become stress free, which is harder to do but I'm trying.

Good note is that I got a new carry-on from LLBean for my trip in only 23 days. It's a rolling duffle bag and well it's so much larger than my old carry-on. I'm happy.

Remind me to tell you to check out a link on my Facebook page before I leave. There might be a surprise or two, you might get to see Stacy "live". We shall see.

So on that note, anybody want anything special from WDW? I'd pick it up for my JQ friends.

Quick question for Carol. Did you find those Space Mountain and other items at Michael's? I went and couldn't find any attraction items, only the stuff that I already have. Thanks.
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: