Quantcast Parking For Boardwalk Area

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Parking For Boardwalk Area

It's been a number of years since we visited the Boardwalk....are you allowed to park there all day (if you have a parking tag from a disney resort), or is there a couple hour limit? is there even parking for the area, or is it just Boardwalk resort parking?

we are going to WDW for the first weekend of the F&W festival. On our last day there, we have reservations for the earliest dinner at Spoodles and then we are going to be driving home. I would like to take a last stroll around EPCOT, have dinner at Spoodles and leave. it would probably be quicker to have our car on the Boardwalk side so we could eat and make a quick getaway. walking back through EPCOT would take a while, I'm thinking....

Last trip: DEC 2009 - POP

UPCOMING TRIP: JAN 2011 - POP/BC

Yes, I AM a Disney freak. But no, there is no such thing as a Disney Fantasy Dining League!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Resort area parking is not designed to accomodate guests visiting the parks. The lots would be much bigger if they were.

Post Thanks / Like

We valet parked our car at Boardwalk and had no problems...and we were there for quite some time.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure if this will answer your question but a "tip" I always see for Disney is if you are driving to the Magic Kingdom is to get a priority seating at Chef Mickey and park at the CR. The guard will ask why you are there and will then check you off the list for priority seating. Go park your car, eat breakfast, and then walk to the MK from there.

I have never tried that myself due to staying on property so I have no confirmation that it works.

Also, if you have been staying at the resorts, you will still have your resort parking paper and that should give you carte blanche to park in the Boardwalk parking lot.

Post Thanks / Like

but is there a separate parking area for the *entertainment* side of the Boardwalk (vs the hotel)? b/c don't they theoretically only allow you to park at a resort for a couple of hours if you are eating there? has anyone ever had them check the amount of time you have been parked (like marking the tires w/chalk or something)?

Yes, I AM a Disney freak. But no, there is no such thing as a Disney Fantasy Dining League!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RBrooksC View Post
    I am not sure if this will answer your question but a "tip" I always see for Disney is if you are driving to the Magic Kingdom is to get a priority seating at Chef Mickey and park at the CR. The guard will ask why you are there and will then check you off the list for priority seating. Go park your car, eat breakfast, and then walk to the MK from there.

I have never tried that myself due to staying on property so I have no confirmation that it works.

Also, if you have been staying at the resorts, you will still have your resort parking paper and that should give you carte blanche to park in the Boardwalk parking lot.
    All of these don't work. When you check in a the CR, or any other resort for a meal, you are given a temporary parking pass that is good for three or four hours. I don't remember exactly how long, but it was not for all day parking. The resort parking pass is only for your resort and park parking.

You need a reason to be parked at the Boardwalk or any other resort. But the Valet is an option. Since you are actually paying for parking.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Resort area parking is not designed to accomodate guests visiting the parks. The lots would be much bigger if they were.
    Same answer

Post Thanks / Like

The resort parking pass is only for your resort and park parking.

When we were there last September, we had breakfast at the Kona Cafe then we rode the monorail to The Magic Kingdom and spent the day there. We came back to the Poly, got our car and went back to the WL.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

The primary purpose of any of the Disney resort parking lots is to provide parking for guests of that resort. A secondary, and often-used parking privilege is for non-resort guests to visit and enjoy that particular resort area for a limited period of time - for eating, shopping, entertainment, things like that. The parking is not designed to offer an alternate parking location for people going to the theme parks - that's why they have the buses and the huge parking lots at the theme parks.

I have not ever heard of anyone having their vehicle towed, but it might happen at times. I think most people understand and honor the system in place at the resorts, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Have the people that say it doesn't work, tried this?
    In my experience, it does work. But, I don't think that it should be used as your personal parking lot. But, when eating dinner there, who wants to go back to the car and drive around to park your car. The meal was certainly expensive, I am sure that Disney is happy that you decided to eat there and spend 50 to 100 dollars. And I don't think it is a problem as long as it isn't abused!! Don't go parking there everytime you want to go to Epcot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Have the people that say it doesn't work, tried this?
    It's not that it doesn't work - however, it is violating Intercot's ToS by discussing "cheating the system". You are given a 3-hour parking pass to dine at a resort - not all day. If Disney didn't care, they would not have guard stations checking folks in and giving out 3-hour parking passes.

The last thing we'd need on vacation is to have our rental car towed!

I don't think it was the O/Ps intent to discuss cheating the system, they were just asking the question. So there you have it - it's not that it doesn't work, it's just against Disney's rules!

I'd like to add that while some resorts have ample parking, many of the deluxe resorts on the monorail or within walking distance to Epcot are stretched to their limits. I remember needing to drop DS off at the BC/YC Marina for his Pirate Cruise. We were instructed to park in the BW parking lot for a short amount of time. There were quite literally no parking spots available for the guests of the resort there, let alone visitors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KylesMom View Post
    I don't think it was the O/Ps intent to discuss cheating the system, they were just asking the question.
    You are correct. Actually, my question is whether there is a SEPARATE parking area that is just for the entertainment portion of the BW....it was not my intention to try and park at a resort and go to a theme park. I just thought that BW might have its own, *non-resort* parking lot like DTD. We have parked at DTD and walked around for hours. I thought there might be something similar for the BW. As I recall, not everything there is actually *in* the hotel -- it's spread out along the waterfront.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: