Quantcast Just Questions: Guess We Can't. - Page 53

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1063
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    Hey gang, sorry I've been MIA for a bit, life can just get crazy sometimes, you know?
    Has Pogo been behaving?
    NO

The LPGA is in town this week for the Jamie Farr/Owens Corning at Highland Meadows. Well, Lauren was able to play in the Junior Pro-Am on Monday! She and 3 of her teammates were teamed up with Beth Bauer in and 18 hole scrambles. It was incredible! Beth was SO NICE! It was like just being out for a round with your best pal. She talked with the girls, shared tips, helped them to read the greens, it was so much fun. And Lauren sank a 25 foot birdie putt on hole #9, which was the hole that our local cable sports show was taping at! On the show later, we heard the announcers say "best putt I've seen today, no question" and "that's something she'll remember for the rest of her life, sinking a long birdie putt while playing with Beth Bauer". The girls all had a great time and all shot really well, the team finished at 8 under.

Just had to share, proud Daddy and all, you know. Oh, and I had the distinct pleasure of being on Lauren's bag! I hope she continues to let me caddy for her when she turns pro. Haha!
    Scott you have every reason to be proud of Lauren, she is a great kid. I think she has lots of great years ahead of her... you do not really want to caddy do you? Wouldn't you rather be waiting for her to come in to give her the congradulatory hug when she comes in?

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    Hey guys, just a quick zoop to let you all that I've been thinking about you all! It's been really crazy around here with the kids having moved in. I plan on sitting down at the computer in the morning and reading everything that has gone on in the last few days. So since I haven't read anything in days I'll send some and to those who need it. Take care all and talk to you soon. Want me to bring cookies when I come back?
    I need cookies right now... Bad day.
    Quote Originally Posted by MauiMouse View Post
    So I could use a little pixie dust today. I had a really super bad migraine today. It started at 9am and didn't start feeling better until after 2pm. I get those auroras and they really freak me out big time. They are worse usually than the headache, with my right hand and right side of my mouth goes numb. It's not fun that's for sure. Plus I had to go back to work today. Some stress some other things as well.

I'm just chilling in the dark at home right now. Have a good night. Talk to you all soon.
    on the way. I hope you feel better!
    Did Pogo cause that migraine?
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Well I finally get a chance to check in, and most of you are probably heading off to bed shortly! What a busy day! This is the first chance I've had to sit down!

So how was everyone's day? I didn't have a chance to read every post, so I hope I didn't miss anything major.

Saw something today that I could have done without. A rather heavy set, VERY well endowd woman.....running for the bus....in a tube top. One hand was holding a cup of coffee, and the other was attempting to keep things under wraps. I wonder if she has a black eye tonight?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Saw something today that I could have done without. A rather heavy set, VERY well endowd woman.....running for the bus....in a tube top. One hand was holding a cup of coffee, and the other was attempting to keep things under wraps. I wonder if she has a black eye tonight?
    It wasn't me!!! I was at work. No tube tops for me....I gave that up years ago. Gravity set in many moons ago. I can understand black eyes, that's why I don't run or do jumping jacks!!

Are we ready for Thusday?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    So you don't buy my chaos theory?
    Somebody once recommended I read a book called "Total Chaos Living" or something like that.* It was so full of psychology jargon that I couldn't get through the first ten pages.* I think there may have been a chapter about cluttered minds though...
    So I could use a little pixie dust today. I had a really super bad migraine today.* It started at 9am and didn't start feeling better until after 2pm.* I get those auroras and they really freak me out big time. They are worse usually than the headache, with my right hand and right side of my mouth goes numb.
    Can I assume your doctor knows about all this?* Hope the cool and dark made it go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Did you do that with your shoes on ??*
    I'm supposed to be wearing shoes?* * Notice I didn't do anything that added up over 20.
    Has Pogo been behaving?
    [Tries to stifle snort.]That was tres cool about Lauren.*
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Jeff, I may come across sweet and kind, but there is a side of me NO ONE wants to see.* Just ask my kids.
    Sounds a bit like DW.* The kids and I never like seeing that look come into her eyes.* We know it's time to and then.

Saw something today that I could have done without.* A rather heavy set, VERY well endowed woman.....running for the bus....in a tube top.* One hand was holding a cup of coffee, and the other was attempting to keep things under wraps.** I wonder if she has a black eye tonight?
    Oh beHAVE.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

The distant thunderrumbles seem to be getting closer, so I think it's time to get ready for bed. We had a 16-year old boy killed by lightning at one of our nearby beaches yesterday--the family was waiting out a storm under a beach house that's on stilts and the lightning hit so close that it came through the concrete drive they were standing on. My guess is that he was barefoot from being on the beach.

Who's in charge of packing and doing cleanup detail for our imminent trip?

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Oh beHAVE.
    Hey, I just call 'em like I see them.. well...not quite..
    I think Carol is our expert packer - or maybe Jym has the most recent practice. Clean up? Oooh - I don't do kitchen duty, bathrooms, or windows, sooooo....how about Blythe? She seems to be having some success in cleaning up her yard.

So where to next? How 'bout a cruise? You know, Alaska cruises are real popular this time of year. Got my camera ready!

Post Thanks / Like

for your bloodwork tomorrow Ellen!

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    Afternoon all! So no one wanted to know what my SOOOO fun thing was? Well I'm going to tell you anways!
    I wanted to know, but you promised to come back later and tell us, so I didn't pressure you! That sounds very cool! How did you get chosen?

So I could use a little pixie dust today. I had a really super bad migraine today. It started at 9am and didn't start feeling better until after 2pm. I get those auroras and they really freak me out big time. They are worse usually than the headache, with my right hand and right side of my mouth goes numb.
    for your migraine! They are no fun at all, and I've never even had the numbness.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    Want me to bring cookies when I come back?
    Something chocolate please (and no raisins).

I'm sorry for your pain Mary. Would it help if we all came over and took turns massaging your temples and making for you ????
    If I change my name to Mary, will you come do that for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Anybody else as tired as I am?

And Lauren sank a 25 foot birdie putt on hole #9, which was the hole that our local cable sports show was taping at! On the show later, we heard the announcers say "best putt I've seen today, no question" and "that's something she'll remember for the rest of her life, sinking a long birdie putt while playing with Beth Bauer".
    Congrats to Lauren!

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Rhonda I hope you got red lobster or something good for lunch with all that hard work.
    I did not. I had a small ham sandwich with a side salad, carrot sticks and a little bag of Snacksters.

I hope it's not me! Are we going snorkeling?
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Sarah.... that is so cool. Let us know when it will be on, OK ?

How about me ???? I'm a Head Possumator....doesn't that count for anything ??
    I sure will and.....NO it doesn't!
    Yes, we saw him last September. It was great. He walked over to our table and someone I forgot who either Jamie or Jeanne mentioned my name. Well that did it. He mentioned me a lot in his act. I even went up there for a song or two. He's great! I'd love to see his act again. Too bad we don't have more time in December, we could go over and check him out. I even have a autographed photo of Bob.
    Love the photos Mary, you're so fun!! Paul Barrie who does the Window to the Magic podcast is getting together a Yeehah Bob meet for Mousefest, I'm going to try to make it.

I can understand black eyes, that's why I don't run or do jumping jacks!![/SIZE]
    TMI sister, TMI!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    I wanted to know, but you promised to come back later and tell us, so I didn't pressure you! That sounds very cool! How did you get chosen?
    I emailed him and told him that I thought Bob was one of the hidden treasures at WDW and he thought I was right. It took us awhile to get coordinated since his schedule is so busy but we finally did and I had a great time!!

SO, is everyone ready for bed? I am that's for sure. Nighty night all, don't let the bed bugs bite!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Here we go again... View Post

I need cookies right now... Bad day.
    cookies coming right up, big meltie chocolate chip cookies. would you like some milk with those or a big ?

hope your day gets better

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all... just a quick update before I go to bed.

Alex is now up to 4 lbs! They also moved him to an open crib tonight! That means that the only thing left for him to do before he gets to come home is stop using the feeding tube. I think that it won't be too much longer and then he'll be home with us!

I guess this means we need to get going on getting the nursery ready. Does anyone want to come help us paint?

Rachel R.
    7/84 Offsite
    4/87 Day Trip
    10/00 Contemporary
    10/02 Polynesian
    12/04 WL
    3/05 AKL/Contemporary
    5/05 Ft. Wilderness Cabins
    10/05 Contemporary/POR
    12/05 CBR
    5/06 OKW
    9&10/06 OKW/BCV
    12/06 Contemporary
    4/07 OKW
    10/07 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Marilyn Michetti;1665080]How about burned smores and taquila?/QUOTE]

Can I join JQU too???!!!

I will bring the burnt S'Mores....I seriously burned a fresh batch the other night in the kitchen...DH won't let me live it down.....it was only a small fire,and just because I had to use the fire extinguisher in the kitchen, he thinks it is hilarious now!

Is anyone else up this early?
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sagessa View Post
    Hey all... just a quick update before I go to bed.

Alex is now up to 4 lbs! They also moved him to an open crib tonight! That means that the only thing left for him to do before he gets to come home is stop using the feeding tube. I think that it won't be too much longer and then he'll be home with us!

I guess this means we need to get going on getting the nursery ready. Does anyone want to come help us paint?

Rachel R.
    Great News!! They grow so fast! Do you think he'll go home by Sunday? I will be in Maynardville Saturday, visiting friends. I could possibly change my visit to Saturday if I needed to, let me know, OK?

Flower, we would love to have you! I presume you brought your cookies?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    Can I join JQU too???!!!

I will bring the burnt S'Mores....I seriously burned a fresh batch the other night in the kitchen...DH won't let me live it down.....it was only a small fire,and just because I had to use the fire extinguisher in the kitchen, he thinks it is hilarious now!

Hi LeaAnn!!!! Hey gang, this is one of my fellow Disney scrapbooker and a fellow Canadian!! She lives on your side of the city Jenn. Just be prepared to do a lot of reading, pick on Pogo and bring lots of cookies!! Oh, yeah, then there's this thing about asking questions.

I'm up early, but tomorrow will be the last of the early mornings...just a few more days of inventory left.

So do I have to look for a new thread when I get home tonight?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Ken, Could we fly in the magic RV to the land of the Smokies to see little Alex and help Jym and Rachel?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

pogo Guest

Good morning all...... I hope everyone gets up on the right side of the bed today ! Anyone know who I'm referring to ????

I'll be around later this afternoon.... I've got morning meetings (golf) and I'll be real busy.

Saw something today that I could have done without. A rather heavy set, VERY well endowd woman.....running for the bus....in a tube top. One hand was holding a cup of coffee, and the other was attempting to keep things under wraps.

[Tries to stifle snort.]
    Are you related to Jennifer ????
    You know it's the job for the newbies.... Flower, Angel and MsMin !

OK Ladies..... clean up time... get to work.... oh and Beth.... no complaining ! ( we'll see if that works)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    If I change my name to Mary, will you come do that for me?
    You don't have to change your name, silly.... I'd do it for you anytime. How's tonight sound ???
    We're on our way !
    Can I join JQU too???!!!
    Did you fill out the on-line application.... in triplacate ????? Welcome to JQ !
    Hi LeaAnn!!!! Hey gang, this is one of my fellow Disney scrapbooker and a fellow Canadian!!

I knew it was only a matter of time before your scrap booking friends showed up.

Hey Ken.... can we hide the new thread form Cariol ????
    Ken, Could we fly in the magic RV to the land of the Smokies to see little Alex and help Jym and Rachel?
    That would be a great idea !

Post Thanks / Like

Can I join JQU too???!!!
    Anybody who has, um, interesting kitchen stories like that is certainly welcome to join here. Looks like you're already a natural.

We'll all be at your door very soon.

See above.

Anybody want to go to the Chamber board meeting with me?

Post Thanks / Like

I knew it was only a matter of time before your scrap booking friends showed up.

Hey Ken.... can we hide the new thread form Cariol ????
    You can hide it from Cariol, but not Carol!!! I can still find it even when I'm tired. It's that natural homing device. It finds scrap booking stores,quilting stores, craft stores and JQ threads!!!

Hey, Lea-Ann, are you going to be joining our meet in Dec?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

So how is everyone today? I am just checking in for a few minutes before I go lay down again. I may be back on later this afternoon but we will see how the day goes.

I hope you are all doing well, if not here is some for those that are ailing and for those who are struggling with their golf scores!!

We had a 16-year old boy killed by lightning at one of our nearby beaches yesterday--the family was waiting out a storm under a beach house that's on stilts and the lightning hit so close that it came through the concrete drive they were standing on. My guess is that he was barefoot from being on the beach.

You know, up until two summers ago I thought concrete was impervious to lightning. Then we had a lightning strike that hit in the middle of our driveway taking out a dinner plate sized divot and then ricocheting off and hitting a tree. Even after that incident I still thought it was a fluke but seeing your comments makes me think a lot harder about the safety of concrete in a lightening storm.

As for packing and cleaning, I can help with that as long as someone else helps with the lifting part!

Post Thanks / Like

Sheesh... it hasn't even been 11 hrs since I logged out, and I already went through a cup of coffee trying to catch up!! I don't think the next thread has much of a chance of lasting a week at this rate!!

So -- good morning all!! How's everyone doing this fine (and cool ) morning? I'm up and at 'em a bit early for me, I am going to spend the day scrapbooking so I can at least attempt to get our Disney trip from last October done before our next trip!! I am terribly behind, but I guess that's life with two little girls... never a dull (or quiet) moment! But they're off to activities today 'til 3:30, so I'm free!!

Hey gang, sorry I've been MIA for a bit, life can just get crazy sometimes, you know?

Hey golfers, and Blythe, please let Dan know this if you can:
    The LPGA is in town this week for the Jamie Farr/Owens Corning at Highland Meadows. Well, Lauren was able to play in the Junior Pro-Am on Monday! She and 3 of her teammates were teamed up with Beth Bauer in and 18 hole scrambles. It was incredible! Beth was SO NICE! It was like just being out for a round with your best pal. She talked with the girls, shared tips, helped them to read the greens, it was so much fun. And Lauren sank a 25 foot birdie putt on hole #9, which was the hole that our local cable sports show was taping at! On the show later, we heard the announcers say "best putt I've seen today, no question" and "that's something she'll remember for the rest of her life, sinking a long birdie putt while playing with Beth Bauer". The girls all had a great time and all shot really well, the team finished at 8 under.
    Hi Scott!! wow, that is great news about Lauren!! I'll be sure to tell him when we talk later... he'll think it is SO cool!! You must've been so proud...

Just go to iTunes store, click on the podcast on the left hand side and do a search for "The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station" Then just hit subscribe, and you will get all the updates. Right now he is on show #74. The last one was about that new CRO Justin. It was really interesting.

Does that help?
    It sure does -- thanks! I'll head over there later and get myself signed up... does anyone have a few hours I can borrow so I can listen to some podcasts???

Well I finally get a chance to check in, and most of you are probably heading off to bed shortly!

Sorry... not much sleep x 2 days made me a very tired pup last night...

... and you thought that sharing that visual with us would help get it out of your head??? Well thanks... now I've got it too... not pretty!! It's amazing what some people's mirrors tell them it's okay to step out the door in... I think more folks need a talking one, like in Snow White... someone on the other side saying, "Oh no you don't!! You cannot possibly step out of this house looking like that... turn right back around and head for the closet and try again!!!"

So where to next? How 'bout a cruise? You know, Alaska cruises are real popular this time of year. Got my camera ready!

Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    cookies coming right up, big meltie chocolate chip cookies. would you like some milk with those or a big ?
    Yummm.. thanks!! How was your night? Since you had time to make cookies, I'm thinking it wasn't so bad??? Plus, I didn't get a phone call from anyone looking for help... not that I would've been much anyway...

Yeah Rachel, that is so great!! In our NICU, we call the room the kids like Alex are in the "rug room" and it is every parent's hope that their kids will end up in the open cribs there someday... it's so close to being able to go home!! That's awesome...

... I'd love to come paint!! Just point me to the paintbrushes...

Can I join JQU too???!!!

Welcome to JQ!!! The more the merrier!! Thanks for the smores, burnt or not... they're still yummy!!

No, not many of us are up that early.... just Sandy on occasion and sometimes Jym and I, but only on days we actually haven't gone to bed yet....

Okay, gotta run and get my girls ready to head out the door... catch you all later!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Flower, we would love to have you! I presume you brought your cookies?
    Can I help paint? Congratulations...Rachel & Jym I hope your little guy is home with you soon!

Deb, I can bring no-bake cookies....my husband won't let me near the kitchen since the S'Mores incident....Something about me being a liability! Does this mean I never have to cook again???!!!!

You know it's the job for the newbies.... Flower, Angel and MsMin !

OK Ladies..... clean up time... get to work.... oh and Beth.... no complaining ! ( we'll see if that works)
    Does anyone have a broom? There seems to be a lot of cookie crumbs and what appears to be possum droppings around....

Did you fill out the on-line application.... in triplacate ????? Welcome to JQ !
    All signed!

Uh oh....I think someone needs a little time with a glue stick.....and no sniffing! Carol, can he handle the sharp scissors?

Anybody who has, um, interesting kitchen stories like that is certainly welcome to join here. Looks like you're already a natural.
    Thanks

You can hide it from Cariol, but not Carol!!! I can still find it even when I'm tired. It's that natural homing device. It finds scrap booking stores,quilting stores, craft stores and JQ threads!!!

Hey, Lea-Ann, are you going to be joining our meet in Dec?
    I have the same homing device! Drives DH crazy whenever we go on a road trip...it is pretty bad when you know where craft stores are in a country you don't even live in...

I wish I could go in December, but with not working this year I just don't have the ..I am in serious need of a Disney fix too, January was just so long ago!
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: