Quantcast Flag retreat Ceremony

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flag retreat Ceremony

I want to do something special for my husband on our upcoming WDW trip in October. He was active navy for 7 years and is an active Navy reservist. I know there is some way that you can be involved in the flag retreat ceremony and I want to have him be a part of it. He would absoloutly love it! He is extremely patriotic. How do I go about asking for him to be a part of it when we are there? I want to be able to arrange it and then surprise him at some point during the day that he gets to do it.
    DVC member since 2000 - BWV
    6/96 off-site 7days, 4/2000 CBR 8days
    8/2001 BWV 10 days, 6/2002 DCL-Magic 7 day
    6/2004 BWV 10 days
    4/2006 DCL-Magic 7 days
    6/26/07 - 7/5/07 BWV
    10/9/08 - 10/19/08 BWV
    10/31/09 - 11/11/09 SSR
    upcoming 10/16/10-10/26/10 BWV, Food & Wine time

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone here will probably know better than myself but I think you just have to be the first person to request that day at Guest Relations at MK for your husband to participate. Im not sure its anything you can request any further in advance than that day

Good luck!
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

That would be a wonderful experience for him!

Our Boy Scout Troop has done this flag retreat 2 times- once in June 2001, and again in June 2007.
    They do a remarkable job each and every day.

You need to contact Magic Kingdom Security and let them know what you want to do. I would call them on Monday and see when they will be scheduling for your dates. They will put you in contact with the person who is handling the scheduling.
    They use veterans often- so I am sure there won't be a problem having your DH be a part of the retreat one day on your vacation.

Make sure to have you camera (video if you have it) ready- it sure makes for some great photos!
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Wendy! You saved the day again! I was just thinking about maybe I should do this for my Dad - where would someone find the MK Security phone #?
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KineGirl View Post
    where would someone find the MK Security phone #?
    I just called 1-407-W-DISNEY and asked to be connected.
    Linda

INTERCOT Staff:

On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendy*darling View Post
    I just called 1-407-W-DISNEY and asked to be connected.
    thank you Wendy Dahhhling

Post Thanks / Like

When I was Veteran of the day in Dec., 2004, we just stopped by City Hall on Sun., our first day, and asked. They had an opening on Tues., and I was given one of the most stirring opportunities of my life.
    It's first come, first serve, and you have to ask in person, (unless it's changed).
    Go for it - it's really special !
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

I called security today to schedule my vet for the ceremony, and was told that security no longer handles it. You have to physically go to City Hall in MK to schedule. I was all excited there for a minute thinking I could get one more thing done before we go, sigh.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hear that. I was almost 1 year ago when my scouts did it last and 7 years ago for the first time. Same sign up procedure both times.

I wonder why they changed the rules?
    (Maybe too many no shows? )

Best of luck getting him signed up. It truly is a very moving ceremony.

And even if you are not "participating" everyone should stop and take the time to watch this wonderful event that takes places EVERY DAY at 5pm in MK's Town Square.
    Linda

INTERCOT Staff:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: