Quantcast Injection #2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Injection #2

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Injection #2

Was supposed to do Lumbar Epidural Injection #2 Monday, only to be postponed until Tuesday.

Got there and apparently the doctor who had needed to bump me back didn't put me on his schedule for the day either, so they had to track him down. After the first numbing shot, he waited a minute and asked if I could still feel anything, and I did, so he renumbed me before starting the procedure.

I musta looked a wreck later yesterday (even after another 7 hours of sleep when I got home) 'cuz our drummer stopped by so I could disperse money from our last gig to him and he took 1 look at me and said I "looked wasted"!

This morning I got up and was having serious spasms... to make my usual matters a bit worse, as I went to get clothes out of the closet, the bar had come loose from it's holder on the wall (it had broken somehow?) so I had to find another, use "power tools" to cut a notch out of it and attach it to the wall, then lift the bar back up into place. So, the spasms only got worse, and I decided to stay home and pop pills all day if I have to.

I was told last time that the actual Cortisone/Steroids usually don't take full effect for 24-48 hours, so I'm still within my window, but last time I got almost instant relief, so I guess I was expecting better. Also, last time since they weren't sure exactly which discs needed injecting (although he was looking on the monitor) they injected L4/L5... this time they directly injected L5/S1 which is where the worst protusion & degeneration is.
    AKA: FlyingIceman - Ice Rocker
    DLR every Summer from '67 - '76
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04
    WDW Christmas '04 (ASMusic)
    WDW Christmas '06 (Pop Century)

DLR Oct. '07 (Paradise Pier)

WDW Sept. '08 (ASMovies & PO French Quarter)
    Next Trip? Christmas '10

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, sorry you are not doing well!

When I saw you on VFK a little while ago, I was interested in how your finger was doing...I guess when it comes to you and what-not, we will need to 'bone' up on our rendition of the bone song...let's see...

With the finger bone connected
    to the hand bone,
    and the hand bone connected
    to the arm bone,
    and the arm bone connected
    to the shoulder bone,
    Oh mercy how they scare!

Somewhere over the rainbow they connect to the backbone...oops mixing those musicphors
    VMK - Electro_Stitch
    World of Tanks - jjramsey
    VFK was - ElectroStitch

WDW:
    1 wk - '92
    1 wk - '93
    1 day - '00
    2 wks - '01
    1 month at one time! - '02
    2 wks - '03
    2 wks - '04 - during two of the hurricanes
    4+ wks - '06
    2+ wks - '07
    2 wks - '10
    2 wks - '11

...the next trip is...

Post Thanks / Like

No idea what half of that stuff means, but doesn't sound very good. Get well Ice
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Hey WizardMickey, not sure what prompted me to come into this area but I just saw your thread. From what it sounds like you are going through the same problem my fiancee had this time last year. He has degenerative disc disease and had 3 herniated discs, 2 of which were seriously bulging. He went through I believe it was 3 rounds of cortisone injections. They provided some relief, but not enough. He ended up undergoing a discectomy for the 2 serious bulges, and he's been almost symptom free since then. The only side effect has been numbness in his left foot, which was probably a result of some dried blood somewhere and the doctor says eventually it will go away.
    If you have any questions about what he went through please let me know and I'll pass them along. If I remember correctly, he did receive more of an instant relief from his first injection as well. Good luck!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Apart, from the spasms, I'm glad that you didn't get another accident from power tools! Get better, Ice.i!
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everybody.... dunno how long I've been asleep, but got up a few hours ago because the cats were "demanding" to be fed!!!

Yes Piratelover, would love to exchange info to get some insight from someone who's "been there, done that" as well.

And I enjoy the mixed up medical-musicphors Stitch!!! Yeah, when I saw ya early I was waiting for the muscle relaxer to kick in.

A couple of people from work called today as well as my Mom-in-Law to check on me. Other than sounding weak or half asleep I guess, I'm feeling better!
    AKA: FlyingIceman - Ice Rocker
    DLR every Summer from '67 - '76
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04
    WDW Christmas '04 (ASMusic)
    WDW Christmas '06 (Pop Century)

DLR Oct. '07 (Paradise Pier)

WDW Sept. '08 (ASMovies & PO French Quarter)
    Next Trip? Christmas '10

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: