Quantcast Just Questions: Can We Make It To The Fourth? - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody want some leftover burgers and baked beans?
    We had the whole family over today for a cookout. It was great until the rain hit, then we moved it all inside.
    Have you ever seen a six year old walk on water? We had a small pool set up in the back yard for the nieces. They were all playing and having a great time, until they heard this loud, raging burst of thunder. My 6 year old niece stood straight up and was out of that pool before the thunder ended. It was so hilarious
    WesWerX șoș

"Laughter is America's most important export" - Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I've been working, but I'm done with that for now. I don't know where everyone else went though. I'm having a hard time staying awake right now though, so I don't think I'll be here long.

Anyone coming to enjoy the pool tomorrow? I spent another hour in it this afternoon, and I think that's why I'm so tired now! I was mostly water jogging with a little swimming thrown in.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Rhonda , thanks for the invitation! I'll be there about 2:00 PM if I leave now, right?

I'll take and burger and beans! Wes, where have YOU been?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all!! Good morning, and Happy Memorial Day! I hope you all have a great day today, with whomever you are sharing it... do our Canadian friends have a holiday today of some sort, or no?

Quote Originally Posted by weswerx View Post
    Have you ever seen a six year old walk on water? We had a small pool set up in the back yard for the nieces. They were all playing and having a great time, until they heard this loud, raging burst of thunder. My 6 year old niece stood straight up and was out of that pool before the thunder ended. It was so hilarious
    Welcome back Wes!! And thanks for the story... that must've been too funny. Sounds like something my DD6 would do...

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    Anyone coming to enjoy the pool tomorrow?
    I wish! It's going to be in the 80's today, shock of all shocks... but there are some t'storms headed our way for late afternoon, so no pool or lake time for us. We'll just have to take shelter on the porch if the rain starts.... but hey, on the porch beats no at all!!

Just wanted to pop in this morning before I left work to wish you all a good day... I won't be around much 'til tonight, as I'll be getting up as our friends arrive, and then it'll be play, play, play 'til bedtime! So - have a great day, all, and I'll catch you around bedtime!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Blythe... and the baby count is.....?
    resident Fairy Godmother

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Hi Blythe... and the baby count is.....?
    Let's see... last night it was only 3 - 2 's and 1 ... and 3 on the way!

Anybody else up yet??? (I just love that smilie... )
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Hey all!! Good morning, and Happy Memorial Day! I hope you all have a great day today, with whomever you are sharing it... do our Canadian friends have a holiday today of some sort, or no?

Just wanted to pop in this morning before I left work to wish you all a good day... I won't be around much 'til tonight, as I'll be getting up as our friends arrive, and then it'll be play, play, play 'til bedtime! So - have a great day, all, and I'll catch you around bedtime!
    Happy Monday, everyone!! Our long weekend was last weekend, so it's back to work. I have to be in at 7;30 so the plumber can put in a backflow valve. He's going to have to turn off the water for 2 hours and the main water shutoff valve is in my store. It wouldn't be bad if we had computers there but we don't so I get to figure out what to do for 2 hours before we open.

Does anyone want to come to keep me company?

Thanks for the hug, Blythe!! I know you're right Ken, people like that are everywhere. I could just ignore them all!!!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Wes, good to see you. Looks like you've got a smart niece. That was funny.

Sarah, sorry you're hurting but glad the 'pup' got to go for the walk.

Hey all. Why is it that I've had nothing to get up for all weekend but still can't sleep past 7:30 or eight? Could it be age? Nah, must be something else.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey to everyone! Hope my American cousins are all enjoying their long weekend!

DH went to Mexico yesterday -- some place 2-3hours north of Mexico City. Better him than me I say! He'll be gone til Saturday, so it's relatively quiet at our place.

If everyone is sleeping in, and Carol is at work (as am I), who has the coffee?
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all, I have one coffee but would share with all of you if you'd like. Is everyone ok? I didn't go back and look but I have missed you all.

Did Frankie zoop for his birthday?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Do you think I would be a bad influence on her?
    Bingo !
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Knock..knock..knock...anyone home? I know, I know it's a long weekend and the weather is fantastic and everyone is out enjoying it.
    We put in the garden and bought a new cooker yesterday and fixed rotisserie chicken, grilled pineapple soaked in rum, and grilled veggies !

You know the best thing about soaking the pineapple in rum ???? You get to drink the marinade !

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    I've been doing chores today, followed by a cookout at the house of some new friends. The weather here today was gorgeous. Hope it keeps up tomorrow.
    I hope your weather is good too ! More cookouts today ?
    I had dress rehersal on Friday night, the evening of the 31st is the show. "geeking out" is staying in my pj's all day playing games on the computer. I did some practicing for my recital and my laundry.

Something happened yesterday at work with a couple of my employees and I think it didn't end there. One person was really ticked off that I cancelled her shift(this is a job she doesn't need, she calls it her little job to get out of the house). We made less then $100 from 9:30-11, so I cancelled her 12-6 shift. Now she is refusing to work Saturday's and it was in her employment contract she has to work Saturday's. I'm seriously thinking about looking for a new job after our trip to WDW, because I really don't get paid enough to be putting up with women over 55 years old acting like 2 year olds.

Anyone want to work for me tomorrow?
    Nope...... sorry for the bad employee. I say, tell her if she refuses to work she's done... then hire her replacement !
    Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    I'm dead tired tonight. So I told you all about the "walk" that I was doing with the shelter today. Well, it turned out to be a five mile HIKE with a huge staffordshire bull terrier named Loretta! We actually had a great time but I am so sore and tired. I'm not in that great of shape to be walking all that far, especially with a big huge dog like that. Oh well, at least I don't have to work tomorrow so I can rest (that is if I can get out of bed!)
    OK..... who was walking who ???
    Anyone coming to enjoy the pool tomorrow?
    Nope..... our pool temp is now into the 60's !
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    I wish! It's going to be in the 80's today, shock of all shocks... but there are some t'storms headed our way for late afternoon, so no pool or lake time for us. We'll just have to take shelter on the porch if the rain starts.... but hey, on the porch beats no at all!!
    I like your thinking !
    Hey all. Why is it that I've had nothing to get up for all weekend but still can't sleep past 7:30 or eight? Could it be age? Nah, must be something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Morning all, I have one coffee but would share with all of you if you'd like. Is everyone ok? I didn't go back and look but I have missed you all.

Did Frankie zoop for his birthday?
    Didn't see Frankie.... but he might be here in disguise. We missed you too !

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all!!

OK, so getting out of bed was not quite as bad as I thought, but I certainly was stiff and had to stand there for a few minutes and let my muscles realize I was going to need them!

Mike went on a motorcycle ride today with some friends. They are going to head to Red River and then up to Taos, Santa Fe, etc. He wanted me to go...HA, not in my condition. So, I'm hanging with the girls and George (my furry creatures) and going to relax this Memorial Day. What has everyone else got planned?

Rhonda, I so wish I was at the pool right now. I keep trying to convince Mike we need one, hasn't worked yet!!

Take care everyone, be safe, hug your family and loved ones, and I'll see you later!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Zooping in to say hi! Glad to see that everyone is keeping busy. (Carol, do you want us to send Vito?)

Where did the morning go??? At least Bethany and I have chatted, but we got NO scrapbooking done.

Have a great day, everyone!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    We put in the garden and bought a new cooker yesterday and fixed rotisserie chicken, grilled pineapple soaked in rum, and grilled veggies !

You know the best thing about soaking the pineapple in rum ???? You get to drink the marinade !
    Now THAT sound GREAT! I'm gonna have to try that. Hmmm....maybe some teriyaki chicken to go with it? Rum, pineapple ....what else do I need for a Lapu Lapu?

DH is off to the guitar store in search of an amp that he hopes in on sale. We are hopefully going to see the Indiana Jones flick this afternoon. We might even start our wine!

Hey - where's Alex been? And Bethany?

Post Thanks / Like

We saw the Indy flick this morning. We enjoyed it. We try to go to the first show of the day as it's the cheapest ($5 each). Now, if I could only persuade Robert not to get snacks, we'd be good.

No one is in the pool. I like to wait until 4 or 5pm as the pool is warmest then, and the backyard has at least a bit of shade by then. We're grilling veggie-beef burgers tonight, and then we're planning to walk down to the park for a concert they are having. They have them on Monday nights in May, and we always plan to attend, but we never seem to manage.

Well, I guess I should get to work for awhile. Anyone want to help? I'm not sure what you can do to help me, but I needed a question.

Later gators!
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Zooping in to say hello to everyone

We're back from Bradenton......it was hot humid and tropical all weekend!!! We got back a few hours ago and I collapsed on the bed upon entering our apartment. I had a blast, ate a ton and parasailing was just like Soarin'.....only a million times better. I was singing the music from it up in the air!!! Well it looks like you got a lot of chitter chatter in this weekend....I skimmed a bunch. Hope you're all enjoying your holiday. I bowed my head in honor of everyone as I drove past the WDW exits today....I don't even know how I didn't pull over. How did I do it you ask? I guess I'm just ......

It's back to reality tomorrow....are you ready? I'm not!
    EMILY

Now approaching.......Mickey's Star Traders!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Uh oh! It's thundering.
    Wanna see how fast a 51 year old can get up an run?
    Not nearly as fast as a six year old can!
    resident Fairy Godmother

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissStyles View Post
    1. I bowed my head in honor of everyone as I drove past the WDW exits today....I don't even know how I didn't pull over. How did I do it you ask? I guess I'm just ......

2. It's back to reality tomorrow....are you ready? I'm not!
    1. The first time DW and I saw Epcot, we were on the way home from being godparents when some friends' son got baptized somewhere south of Orlando. Epcot was pretty new then and although we had planned on going past, (it was kind of late in the afternoon) we just couldn't resist. By the time we got in, it wasn't that crowded, so we got to see everything by the time it closed. We stayed in a cheapie motel further up the road that night.

2. I won't be getting real until next Monday. I'm off all week goofing (or as Carol says, geeking out). DW and I talked about taking in the new Hard Rock Park down at Myrtle Beach some time this week.

Anybody cooking out? I smell charcoal burning.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Uh oh! It's thundering.
    Wanna see how fast a 51 year old can get up an run?
    Not nearly as fast as a six year old can!
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

2. I won't be getting real until next Monday. I'm off all week goofing (or as Carol says, geeking out). DW and I talked about taking in the new Hard Rock Park down at Myrtle Beach some time this week.

Anybody cooking out? I smell charcoal burning.
    You're spending the week in your jammies? Cool!!!!

No charcoal here. We don't even a grill yet. We have a friend that keeps promicing to get us one, but we doubt we'll ever see it.

My 2 hours of being in the store went quickly. I cleaned my office, tidied some drapery rods and all the drapery fabric in the store. By the time my staff arrived I was worn out.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to check in. How are all the former VMKers handling it?? I still can't believe they actually closed it.

Quote Originally Posted by weswerx View Post
    Anybody want some leftover burgers and baked beans?
    We had the whole family over today for a cookout.
    Hey, Wes! Good to see you here. I'll take a burger! Did you bring cookies?

Anyone coming to enjoy the pool tomorrow? I spent another hour in it this afternoon, and I think that's why I'm so tired now! I was mostly water jogging with a little swimming thrown in.
    That sounds wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Nope...... sorry for the bad employee. I say, tell her if she refuses to work she's done... then hire her replacement !

We saw the Indy flick this morning. We enjoyed it. We try to go to the first show of the day as it's the cheapest ($5 each). Now, if I could only persuade Robert not to get snacks, we'd be good.
    I bring our own snacks. It's a good way for me to control how much and what exactly we snack on. Not to mention holding down the expense! We paid $11 for two Cokes the other day.

No charcoal here. We don't even a grill yet.
    One of the things I miss most with apartment living is cooking out during the summer. A grill would have been one of my first purchases.

Glad to hear that today wasn't too bad at the store though. You got so much done. I've only skimmed the surface of everything I wanted to get done today.

And on that note, I'm off to work on org charts.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: