Quantcast 'Teacups' victim suing Disney - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The husband's claim sounds even more frivilous.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That goes without saying
    GMGDISNEYMOM
    6/14 BCV
    7/13 DL-Paradise Pier
    4/12 AKL
    12/11 SSR
    11/10 VWL
    11/09 AKL
    4/09 FWC
    10/08 - VWL
    6/08 BV (1st DVC trip!)
    1/08 - AKL
    4/07 - FWC
    12/96 - OKW
    5/88- C
    11/84 - LBVV
    11/77 - C

Post Thanks / Like

People do not seem to realize (or care) that when they file friv/outrageous claims that they only hurt the legitimate ones. Disney is an extremely well run organization. Safety really is paramount. This woman is taking advantage to the detriment of every one else. Again, I find fault with her atty.
    GMGDISNEYMOM
    6/14 BCV
    7/13 DL-Paradise Pier
    4/12 AKL
    12/11 SSR
    11/10 VWL
    11/09 AKL
    4/09 FWC
    10/08 - VWL
    6/08 BV (1st DVC trip!)
    1/08 - AKL
    4/07 - FWC
    12/96 - OKW
    5/88- C
    11/84 - LBVV
    11/77 - C

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Can we turn it into a "lawyer bashing" thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by gmgdisneymom View Post
    I am an atty (when I grow up I want to be a CM!) and I find fault with the atty who is representing her. THEY give atty's a bad name. I hope disney fights this and doesn't settle.
    OK, gmg, you and I can hit Scar with so much legalese we'll have his head spinning.

I often serve as a Superior Court mediator, and it's interesting to be able to hear how fervently both sides in a case believe in their side of the story. One of my jobs as a mediator is to try and get them to see a little of the other side's story.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

If this had happened in line at the grocery store, I wonder if she'd still be suing. I think they or someone told them they should go after Disney since it happened in the park. People need to take responsibility for their own actions.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KineGirl View Post
    Is this where we're heading ..

New Fantasyland CM

Hey! we met this guy at the Pirate and Princess party last August!

Secondly, to all you lawyers out there...
    How do I get in on this law suit.
    Reading and hearing about this beating has caused me to become fearful of teacups and standing in line.
    I now feel the need to medically bypass all lines in disney because it has instilled such a tremendous fear for my personal safety that it is now causing me to have sleepless nights and I break out into a sweat at the thought of spinning teacups and lines.
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

I hope they ban Krause from any Disney owned or affliated store, property, etc!! She is just one of a group of deeply sick-minded people that are ruining this great way of life in the US! Jump off a cliff Mrs. Krause!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Law Suit

I think this is crazy, can I start a pretend fight with a friend at Disney and then sue them for not handling it properly. People should be able to police themself. I once saw a guy cursing to another at the Mexico Pavillion and said to myself, I don't understand how one can get upset especially since your on vacation. I take my time relax and enjoy myself at Disneyworld. Your supposed to go and be happy and not be all stressed out, this is not your job site.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds To Me That She Is A 1st Class "gold Diggeer" It Wasn't Disneys Fault She Jumped Line. That Was Her Fault She Knew Better. She Should Be Banned For That Reason Line Jumping
    SEPT 6 -14 por AB

Post Thanks / Like

The whole thing is absolutely ridiculous. She's claiming she has Post Traumatic Stress Disorder after this brief fight at Disney.

Meanwhile soldiers returning from IRAQ have to fight their insurance companies to get medical coverage for the same disorder this woman is claiming!

And her husband is suing for loss of companionship???? Seriously? She's alive. Even if she spent a couple days in the hospital (which I doubt) how did he lose "companionship?"

I think the Krauses deserve all the ridicule they get as a result of this. The person who picked the fight is paying her debt, I don't see how any of it is the problem of Disney itself.
    12 trips to the World... next one: 10/29/12 for our Fairy Tale Wedding!

Post Thanks / Like

Could Disney's actions have contributed to the incident? Possibly. Have they already found someone to be guilty of inflicting damage? Yes. I don't think they'll get much and will probably end up settling if it isn't thrown out.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

I'm sorry to say this, but as a CM, I would never break up a fight. Try to talk to them reasonably, get them to calm down. But break one up? I don't want the flying arms and fists to land in my face, I don't get paid enough for that.

Then, it also gets into the matter of how far can a Disney CM take the break -up? Restraining the people? Then you get into the battery areas and lawsuits can arise from claims of "they grabbed me in an inappropriate way" or "they twisted my arm/sprained my whatever when they restrained me."

No thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TiggTigg5 View Post
    Last month, an Orange County jury convicted Walker of battery. During the trial, Krause and several witnesses testified that she was beaten and kicked by Walker because Walker was upset that she and members of her church group lost their place in line.
    Interesting ... very interesting ... I wonder if she also attends the Nights of Joy. This behavior is consistent with the behavior of the "church going folks" I saw the one and only time I attended that disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJessicaSparrow View Post
    I'm sorry to say this, but as a CM, I would never break up a fight.
    As a CM, you shouldn't have to break up a fight that's what Disney has a security force for.

I hate to say it ... I'm the first to jump on people for filing frivolous lawsuits ... but this one is at least legit to be filed. Disney may actually be liable to a degree, depending on what the details of the case are. If it can be proven that their lack of response or slow response contributed to her injuries, then they'll have to pay.

That being said, the amount they'll have to pay is going to be severely limited due to the juries special finding that the plantiffs injuries were only minor.

My guess is Disney offers her a nominal sum to make her go away.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

She and members of her church group??? Shouldn't she sue the person who started the fight???
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBrad View Post
    I hope they ban Krause from any Disney owned or affliated store, property, etc!! She is just one of a group of deeply sick-minded people that are ruining this great way of life in the US! Jump off a cliff Mrs. Krause!!
    AND... They should block all the Disney/ABC channels from her cable/dish TV services!

Post Thanks / Like

legally, disney CAN ban her from all of their property (forever, mind you). However, how does it look if you are suing Disney for PTSD but are still able to go to the parks. I imagine that will be a defense against her.
    GMGDISNEYMOM
    6/14 BCV
    7/13 DL-Paradise Pier
    4/12 AKL
    12/11 SSR
    11/10 VWL
    11/09 AKL
    4/09 FWC
    10/08 - VWL
    6/08 BV (1st DVC trip!)
    1/08 - AKL
    4/07 - FWC
    12/96 - OKW
    5/88- C
    11/84 - LBVV
    11/77 - C

lockedoutlogic Guest

Anyone who didn't think was going to happen needs to do some serious self-reflection.....

Disney practically owns the central florida courts....it is difficult to get a dime from them when they are at fault....

the only thing that might happen here is a small payoff to make the press go away....and that's assuming the plaintiff has REALLY good lawyers...

Post Thanks / Like

1. How sad that the actions of a woman with her church group was part of a brawl. For all those who don't attend church on a regular basis, this was just a "IF THAT IS WHAT GOING TO CHURCH DOES, I'M GLAD I DON'T" message. Think of the lives this woman touched that day with her lack of Christian behavior.

2. I would never expect an untrained CM to put themselves in the middle of a fight. Some of them seem to barely have the energy to smile!! I never seem to see a lot of security so that no one was around is not surprising. That said, what DO you do in that kind of a situation. CM's will not step in and security isn't around.

3. I would definitely put her on the Most Wanted List and not allow her to ever step foot in any Disney owned property again.

4. Unfortunately, haven't most of us been at Disney for a vacation and seen some of this type of behavior? We usually get it from a foreigner to our country....sometimes I think they don't understand our culture enough to know line etiquette and such. Sometimes things are done in a different manner in their countries...like what we percieve as cutting in line is just accepted in their country. While everyone is glaring at them, they don't understand what they did wrong!! I have more problems from parents trying to push their children in front of me at a show (not talking about other visitors from other countries) or one person saving places in line for 15 people who show up at the last minute!! WE ARE ON VACATION and should be relaxed and happy and glad we are at the "happiest place on Earth" and act like it.

Ok, I feel better...thanks!!!
    Disney Institute December 1999
    Ft. Wilderness June 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006-December 2007
    Caribbean Beach January 2008
    Port Orleans Riverside - January 2009
    Pop Century January 2007, December 2009, November 2010
    Pop CenturyOctober 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry, but that just makes me
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

CM's (especially ride Op's) should definitely not be responsible for breaking up fights. You remember the t.v. show The Musters, when someone would knock on the front door and see Herman Munster. The person would run away, jump in there car and peel-out as fast as they can. that's how I am when conflicts arise at my work.

The type of person(personality) you hire to be a bouncer, is not the same type of person(personality) you hire to be a CM( HM cm's aside). And, you don't want security looming over everyone waiting for trouble to happen. I don't know what the answer is
    Actually, how often does something like this happen at WDW?
    I won the "Name the crocodile" contest.
    Anyone want a slightly used Pygmy war canoe?

1984 WDW-first trip
    1998 DLR
    July 2003 CBR
    Nov 2004 POP Century
    2005 DLR- Paradise Pier
    2009/2010 DLR- Halloween Party
    April 2011 - BW Park Place
    October 25, 2011 Halloween Party
    Sept 17-27 POR-RGR

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: