Quantcast Overheard being said by CM??? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

On this last trip was the first time I ever heard CM's talk about "work." I was in the Emporium buying a sweatshirt because it was getting cold and I couldn't tough it out anymore. So I"m standing at the register and there is one CM behind the counter and one on the front side and they are talking about their schedules. Like "Man I really wanted off on Friday, but Beth already has it off...." and "Did you see the calendar for next month yet?" And these weren't college programCM's these women were easily in their 50's. I was sort of annoyed.

I had a CM follow me through the Haunted Mansion (2004) freaking me out in the round room and then in the line to get in the car. Scared the **** out of me - TWICE. He was great!

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is not exactly on topic anymore. But if Main Street Jim is going to tell guest stories, then I guess I will add one of my own.

I was standing in the Asia section of AK one day when an older gentleman came up to me with a question. He asked if there was an attraction with jeeps or something where guests could see animals. I said "Yes, that would be Kilimanjaro Safari. You can find it in Africa", and I pointed the way. He looked disappointed and said, "Well I know they have them in Africa. I was hoping to find one here at Animal Kingdom."

I nearly choked trying to hold back my laughter.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Gottaluvgoof Guest

We were entering Epcot on 9/11 a couple years ago and the security CM told a man to open his bag. The man acted very insulted and asked, "What are you looking for?" The CM replied, "MOUSE TRAPS." I loved it! It was priceless. I'm not sure the man "Got it" but we were dying laughing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gottaluvgoof View Post
    We were entering Epcot on 9/11 a couple years ago and the security CM told a man to open his bag. The man acted very insulted and asked, "What are you looking for?" The CM replied, "MOUSE TRAPS." I loved it! It was priceless. I'm not sure the man "Got it" but we were dying laughing.
    Mouse traps?!?!?! I LOVE this
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

I was with my mother inside one the shops on Main Street in the MK. It was one next to the Confectionary. A CM was complaining to another one (in full ear shot of guests) how annoyed she was to have to go work a few hours in another store on Main Street.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard lots of funny things..but I've found the bus drivers are often some of the funniest.

We had one who even stopped the bus when the kids kept giving away his punch lines!

And to add to Main Street Jim's tale I had a guest walk up to me (a guest myself unless Intercot vetran of many trips is on my forehead in toursit only ink) and ask "what there is to do in here" apparently meaning all of MK. (at first I thought she meant the walkway up to the terrace noodle factory and the only thing I could think of was the restrooms).

You could have knocked me over with a feather!

The "children take your adults by the hand" line has always cracked me up, and Timon telling you to leave the theatre at FOLK is kinda funny too.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

There has been a few times on the buses the drivers have gotten the children on board to sing anything from "The Wheels on the bus"... to "I Wanna Be Like You" from Jungle Book.

One of the bus drivers on our last trip was hilarious, we get ready to pull off and he turns around and asks everyone in the bus.. "hey, y'all wanna see what happens when I floor it?" Everyone yells "YEA" he turns around and stomps one foot really loud on the floor and presses the gas with his other one .. and we slowly move forward" everyone busted out laughing. He also kept telling all kind of the corniest jokes the whole ride.
    °O° Von Drake °O°
    10 trips before 2000 | 2001 Offsite | 2001 SOG | 2002 CR | 2005 ASSp & SOG | 2006 OffSite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 POP | 2008 POP & SOG

Post Thanks / Like

AS you all know, waiting in line for any kind of transportation @ WDW can sometimes be a lengthy experience. Especially at the end of the day when EVERYONE is trying to leave. I remember back in '05 one night when we were leaving the MK heading back to the WL, we were waiting on the boat dock w/what seemed like hundreds of other people, for what seemed like a very long time, the gentleman CM there obvioulsy sensed the need for a distraction for the waiting guest, and so began a impromptu WDW trivia game, shouting out questions and inviting anyone w/answers to respond. It turned out to be the most pleasant waiting time I ever had, as I did in fact know quite a few of the answers, as did several others! I didin't catch his name, but we do know that he was retired USMC...SEMPER FI!!
    74 offsite
    76 poly
    77 pol
    80 poly
    81 golf resort
    83 poly
    84 cr
    87 golf resort
    89 CBR
    98 CBR
    01 CBR
    03 WL
    04 WL
    05 WL
    2006 WL 2010 WL

Post Thanks / Like

This isn't a castmember funny story, but it's a complimentary one. Years ago, as I was leaving the MK at closing time, there was a family behind me as I was exiting the turnstiles. This big burly man suddenly stopped at the turnstiles and began cussing out the castmember standing there. The castmember had done nothing wrong; he was only directing people to the Monorail entrance, and wishing people good night. I don't know what the big man's problem was, but like I say, he was cussing out this kid with every 4-letter word imaginable, right in his face. All the while, the castmember stood calmly, saying things like "I'm sorry you feel that way, Sir" and "I wish there were something I could do to help you, Sir". Finally, the man's wife got him to leave, all the while the man looking back at the kid, still cussing and giving the finger. After he was gone, I went up to the castmember, introduced myself and shook his hand. I told him that his reactions and patience were commendable. He shyly grinned at me and said, "It's unfortunate when a guest is upset lilke that. I try to help, but when I cannot offer a solution, I try to listen." I asked him if I could re-enter the park, so that I could go to City Hall/Guest Relations and praise his actions to his superior. He said, "Thank you, Sir, but that's unnecessary." I said, "No, it's something I WANT to do, if you don't mind." He let me re-enter the park, and I did lodge a praise-worthy report at City Hall. The castmember who took my hand-written report told me that Disney relishes reports like that. I hope the kid got a raise - geez, I hope the kid becomes CEO of Disney!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jillluvsdisney View Post
    I was with my mother inside one the shops on Main Street in the MK. It was one next to the Confectionary. A CM was complaining to another one (in full ear shot of guests) how annoyed she was to have to go work a few hours in another store on Main Street.
    I would gladly take the shift from them.

Any day!

Chris
    Remembering the Magic:
    March 1997 - Off site
    March 1999 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    May 2007 - Pop Century & Caribbean Beach Resort
    September 2007 - Pop Century Resort
    August 2008 - Coronado Springs Resort

UP NEXT::
    October 2009//MNSSHP//CSR!!

southern Indiana - 16 hours away from paradise
    Post Thanks / Like

OH... I just thought of another one.
    This one happened when we were standing in line for the Jungle Cruise. We were getting pretty close to the loading area after a fairly long wait. There was a lady in front of us in line that was talking to others in her group and didn't realize that the line was moving. She was the next person who was suppose to get on the boat but she just kept talking. Those of us around her had been trying to get her to notice that the line was being stopped by her but she must have been really into the story she was tell the others because none of them saw what was happening. Finally, a CM came over and spoke to the lady. The CM said, "Wow, you are the strongest person I have ever met?" When the lady asked why, the CM said, "Because you are holding up this whole line all by yourself!" The lady and her group finally looked around and saw what had happened and they all laughed. It was so funny!!
    °0° Lori °0°
    '13--Pop and BCV
    '12--Pop and OKW
    '11--POR and AKV/BLT
    '10--POR
    '09--Pop and BCV -- Our first trip "home"
    '08--Pop and Poly-1st P&PP
    '07--Pop Century - 1st MNSSHP
    '07--ASMu--First family trip
    Many, many trips as a child with my parents

Post Thanks / Like

Overheard on WDW transportation on our recent trip.

On a very crowded trip...
    "Welcome to Disney's Wonderful World of Busses!"

On another ride....
    "Does anyone know what E P C O T stands for?"
    I say "Yes, Experimental Prototype Community of Tommorrow." to which the bus driver says...
    "No Smarty. We all know around here it stands for Every Person Comes Out Tired!"
    Last edited by MOJoe; 04-30-2008 at 01:55 PM. Reason: sp

Post Thanks / Like

On the buses I heard them say the same thing as make sure you take all your belongings as for any children left with the bus will be sent to It's a Small World and feet nailed to the floor and learn how to sing in many foreign languges.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andreallybadeggs View Post
    Haven't heard a real voice on the monorail for quite sometime. Our 2 teenage DS's enjoyed a spiel several years ago. Can't remember what all was said except "Please take all your belongings and children as you exit the monorail. Any children not claimed after 30 days will become permanent exhibits in the Small World attraction"
    I love that! That's hilarious!!!
    June, 1990 - MK, Epcot -Off Site Hotel - Sang on stage & Marched in parade at MK
    Feb. '05 - DL, DCA - Off Site Hotel
    Feb. '07 - All Parks, DT - AKL
    May '08 - All Parks, DT - AKL & POP - 4 day Disney Cruise
    Jan. '13 DL, DCA, DT -Off Site Hotel
    Nov. '13 All Parks, DT - POP & Swan

Post Thanks / Like

Last summer my family and I were waiting to go into the Hall of Presidents. When the castmember came out to tell us we could start going into the theater no one was listening to him. I was looking at something on the wall when I heard him yell "IT'S MY TIME!". The whole place got quiet and I couldn't helping laughing. There was a guy in front of me who starting clapping at the same time. His mother told him to stop and looked back at me laughing and tried to keep herself from laughing but couldn't help it. It was so unexpected that it was pretty funny.

Joy

Post Thanks / Like

Talking This is a great thread

Well one time we were on the bus from MK back to POR and all the while the bus driver was telling corny jokes and he told us all that we were all going to get free massage. When we get to POR he told us all to enjoy our massage, and here it is. He said that as soon as we went over the speed bumps. It was hilarious.

Another time we were getting off PoC and the CM who informs everybody to exit the boat started to sing and I quote " Yo ho yo ho get off my boat quickly". It was great.
    A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep...

Post Thanks / Like

The first time we went to AK a couple of years ago, it started to rain. I mean buckets of rain, the type of which I have only ever experienced in Florida in August. As the park started to empty out quickly, one of the CM's said to my kids (then 7 and 8), "Don't worry boys, that's not really rain, it's Disney special effects. Walt makes it special to cool off the animals. It's only raining in this part of the park"
    My boys were so unsure, and really peered at the skies to determine if there was any chance that this were true. (Okay, so did I. Like I said, it was our first trip to AK, it kinda sounded plausible). Just then we were treated to the most spectacular display of lightning and thunder, and we all were convinced that not even Walt was that good.
    With a totally straight face, the CM remarked that the effects that day were even better than usual.
    Before Kids:
    Off-Site - September/91 & September/92

With Kids:
    Off-site - November/03 & September/05
    FREE DINING:
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/06 (w/ my parents)
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/07
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/08 (w/Bro's family)
    POP Century - Sept/09 (NO KIDS!!!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

I remember several years ago while exiting a ride the voice on the speaker said,"Take small children by the hand" and a couple of ladies near us chimed together," and take your husbands by the throat" and then they giggled like schoolgirls. They made all of us laugh.

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful CMs have been a daily regular occurance when I have visited WDW. Here are a couple that come to mind for this thread.

At the Great Movie Ride at DHS during night EMH, we were waiting, and typically heard the CM say right before a group got led into the boarding area, "Please refrain from . . . " this and that. Then after that happened a while, a CM said, "Please refrain from Everything". We laughed so hard.

Another time, I discovered I lost my camera on the way back from MK one day. Well me and the kids had to trudge back to MK (we were way tired which is one reason we left in the first place) to see if we could find it. Not only was it expensive, it had all my treasured WDW pictures from our trip so far--I was mortified. Anywho, we went to customer service, and it had been turned in by a CM (I left it at a store while my kids were pin trading). The CM was soo pleasant, understanding and uplifting. He got us in a great mood (and we were exhausted). He took a picture of himself with the camera--sporting a huge grin, Then he took a picture of relieved and happy again me and DS(8); DD(4) was asleep in her stroller for this diversion. I will not forget this moment. We were frazzled and at the end. CMs saved the day by getting my camera to customer service, and quickly I might add, and then helping us to find some magic to get us back in the best mood.

Next trip - August 2008 - Poly (yoohoo!)
    July 2007 - CR
    July 2006 - CR
    Several off-site trips pre 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Mine isn't a funny story either but my highest praise to the CMs.

My story is from DLR. Last Spring, my DD21, her fiance, and my DD6 rode the Indiana Jones ride. It was my first time and I didn't notice the carrier in front of me for my backpack and I looped one of the handles of my backpack over my leg and off we went.

My DD6 was absolutely terrified to the point of not being able to breath. I was so focused on trying to hold her and get her thru the ride that I must have lifted my foot during one of the intense bumps/turns.

Needless to say, we came to the of the ride without the backpack. It had my life in it. My keys, my money, my credit cards, our tickets (need those FPs), EVERYTHING!!!

This was a the very first ride of the first day of a three day trip.

I tearfully notified a CM who had us take a seat nearby and he said he would see what he could do. It look him nearly 45 minutes and multiple attempts but between riding the ride in the exact seat I had in the jeep to watching multiple security cameras he managed to locate and get me my backpack. I, again, tearfully (this time in relief rather than panic) thanked him over and over and got his name and let him know that he just saved our entire trip! He modestly said it was no problem and we all went on our way. He probably never had another thought about it but he was in my thoughts the entire trip!!

I made a point of stopping by city hall and letting someone there know what had happened. I work in the customer service industry and know how quick everyone is to complain but slow to compliment. This CM and many other deserve the recognition and so much more!!!

Thank you to all of you that make our vacation all the more special!
    Counting down the days to our next visit - May 31 - June 7!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: