Quantcast why can't kids be kids - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen the pictures -- Vanity Fair and the internet ones.

I also took my 11-year-old DD to the Hannah Montana movie. When I saw the Vanity Fair photos I was reminded of a scene in the movie where Miley didn't want to do a stunt move on stage, where a group of young men catch her, because the first time they did it, they dropped her. She kept telling her mother she didn't want to do it again, and instead of her mother telling her she didn't have to, that they would figure out something else, her mother chastised her, saying that she had to do it and it was just like what they used to do in cheerleading.

That said it all for me. We're handling your career, honey, and you can't say no. Miley's quote about "you don't say no to Annie" fell right into that mold.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just some bad decision making all around....and it saddens me as I loved all of A.L.'s YOAMD's work - so beautiful! And I also saw "spoof" of Miley's video "4 Minutes to Save the World"....how a 15 year old budding artist spoofs Madonna (I know, not a role model for our children) but a 40+ beautiful woman still making great music......... These kids today (in the spotlight and our own) grow up way toooo fast.......
    ---------------------------------
    DVC Member Since 04/08 Animal Kingdom Villas

CS 5/2010, SS 4/2010, AKV 11/2009, BW 5/2009,
    SS 2/2009, SS 10/2008, POR 7/2008, WC 8/2007
    POR 12/2006, POR 10/2005, POR 10/2004, FW 10/2002
    FW 10/1993, OS 12/1989

Post Thanks / Like

Default ok..my two cents..

For my wife and I feel the same way...while it was wrong...there are many parties at fault..

1. Parents...you think that they would not have left knowing the history of Vanity Fair (Demi Moore...naked...pregnant?)

2. Annie Lebowitz.. She is doing these YOMD photos and knowing the company and the values... something "edgy" may not go over well.

3.Miley..I know she is 15 and all but you have made your money with Disney and being around that enviroment common sense should have sent the red flags up.

But then I also look at it this way...the pics may be bad the Vanity Fair and the Myspace....but it could be worse...

I got 3 words....Jamie Lynn Spears

Dean
    Twitter = DVC5571

Apr 04--First trip ever--30th Birthday Present
    Dec 05--Off Site (Honeymoon)
    Oct 07-- On Stie POP
    Feb 09-- Off Site -AK day trip
    Sept 10 -- Onsite -Coronodo Springs

Member of the Tommorowland Metro-Retro Historical Society

Post Thanks / Like

I did not see the photos myself, heard about them. I think the people that look after Miley had plenty of time to rethink and stop this all. My daughter is 15 and she is still a kid in my books (yes my princess is growing up ). Although I do not agree, this maybe the celebrity way of moving onto the next step not wanting to be one set style. Very poor judgement. I am surprised her mom or dad did not stop this. I thought they were more protective.

BUT I think a person can learn and I doubt we see more of this type of thing with Miley.
    POR 04/2018
    CB - 01/2018
    Contemporary - 12/2017
    Poly - 06/2017
    GF - 08/2009
    BW - 07/2008
    Contemporary - 11/2007
    Poly - 02/2007
    POR - 12/2004
    Contemporary - 12/2003
    Dixie Landing - 12/2002, 12/2001 8/2000
    Contemporary - 12/1999
    Dixie Landing - 5/1998, 5/1997

Post Thanks / Like

Cool from one pic, Miley went down???

With 3 Miley fans in the house, I paid attention to those pictures. I was more offended by the one with her dad, then the one that kept flashing on the tv.

However this career mistake happened, was it really so bad to lower her value???

I walked through a Dillards store, and all of the Hannah stuff was %75 off. I find it real hard to believe that people could buy that killing game that just came out, but are going to complain about that pic.

Am I wrong???

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow...

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it is the stores that are determining what they are carrying. I think Wal-Mart has all Miley Cyrus things 50% and clearance. Is it really worth it for a 16 year old girl, making $1.5M per month, with all of the impressionism to take those photos? This is her fault and her parents fault. It was stupid to take such pictures without a clause in the contract that allowed her and her parents to choose which photos could be included in the magazine.

Is it deserved? I don't know. My DD is only 2 and I dread the day I have to worry about those discussions.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Gottaluvgoof Guest

Quote Originally Posted by motherhamv View Post
    With 3 Miley fans in the house, I paid attention to those pictures. I was more offended by the one with her dad, then the one that kept flashing on the tv.

However this career mistake happened, was it really so bad to lower her value???

I walked through a Dillards store, and all of the Hannah stuff was %75 off. I find it real hard to believe that people could buy that killing game that just came out, but are going to complain about that pic.

Am I wrong???

I agree with you. I thought the one with her dad was kind of odd, but who knows. I think the media is just waaaaaay too involved in these people's lives. As long as she isn't doing drugs and partying like Lindsey and Paris, I don't see a problem. I think the media wants these people to mess up. They follow them non stop and print every ounce of dirt, or non dirt they can find. My girls still listen to her, but really, their favorites are the Jonas Brothers. I'm sure the media will find something about them to try to cause a stir. In the mean time, I am paying the $80 for their concerts...ugh!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the photographer a well know woman known for tasteful photos? I think this was an idea that someone had that sounded real good in the beginning but turned out to be a big no no
    Celebrities live under a microscope and yes, it comes with the job but at the same time we must remember they are people like you and me and they sometimes make bad judgement calls (I've not yet seen the photos, keep this in mind - I'm just trying to generalize)
    I think Miley needs to hold her head up high right now because in another week or two, Brittney, Paris, or Lindsay will do something that will take the spotlight off of her.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gottaluvgoof View Post
    , their favorites are the Jonas Brothers. I'm sure the media will find something about them to try to cause a stir.
    I think that the media is looking for things bad on them all...There is a picture out now of a girl that has cellulite on her legs...I mean really...Does that make her less of an actor because of that...I think that there is too much press about all of these people...I dont want to even start with the presidental race... Privacy is a rare gift that these people have and knowing that being a celebrity will bring this on, why do they still want this lifestyle?
    Amy
    80 Camping ºoº
    89 Offsite ºoº
    05 ASM ºoº
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Remember, too, that Miley is still only 14 or 15. She's still a child, and very impressionable. Try not to be hard on Miley herself. I'm more upset at the adults who encourage kids to do questionable things.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Just my own personal opinion... but I never did see anything all that outrageous about those photos.

I think the hub-bub is the result of sensationalistic media feeding a scandal hungry public drama that doesn't really need to exist.

I'd say that if this is all it takes to lose fans, then they weren't really fans to begin with.

People are people, regardless of who they are, what they do for a living, or how much they make. Yet so many people seem to insist on holding celebrities up to some kind of higher standard than they hold themselves too. If people were truly as appalled the media outlets wouldn't be able to sell it. I wonder if the people doing the fussing have ever done anything themselves that would be considered bad taste, or bad judgement. Especially if it were put up to the same public scrutiny.

Bottom line, they're people just like you and me, and people make mistakes (if this really even is one). And while some people gossip and cast judgements, good people refrain from judging, and are able to forgive.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    Bottom line, they're people just like you and me, and people make mistakes (if this really even is one). And while some people gossip and cast judgements, good people refrain from judging, and are able to forgive.
    I don't know much about Miley Cyrus, but I've seen the news lately. I don't think the hubub is about her being a "bad" person. I think it's that she's supposed to represent someone "wholesome". I don't think - and it sounds like Disney agrees - that those photos fit into the "wholesome" category. THAT is what she was being marketed as, and she blew it.

As far as judging, EVERYONE judges. In your post, you made the judgement that people who don't judge (no such thing) are "good". It's important to judge "things".

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just expanding on what others have said about Walmart and all of those stores putting Miley merchandise on sale... I read that her show Hannah Montana doesn't have as many viewers as it used to have. Her popularity was way to big to last a long time, if she doesn't change her image soon I don't think she is going to be around for much longer.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

Think how hard it would have been for us to have to make all of our mistakes while growing up in the public eye. Please remember that these people all are human first. Nobody is perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

That is correct that she has the option to say no, but did she? No. According to the article, the pictures are meant to have a sense of art included in them. If the pictures were too bad, her parents wouldn't let her do it. Seriously, if you're a 35-40 year old man or woman and you have a young teenage daughter, you wouldn't let her take raunchy pictures of herself. You'd ask her to rethink her thoughts on it. I don't see anything wrong with the pictures, whether she was showing her bareback or not. She's a person like you and me. And though younger children may watch Hannah Montana, I doubt such young kids would keep up with Miley's photoshoots and even understand why so many are against them.
    You know you love me.
    - xoxo Gossip Girl

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the one with her dad was kind of weird too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    Bottom line, they're people just like you and me, and people make mistakes (if this really even is one).
    have to disagree about that one. If they were just like you and me, they wouldn't be making millions of dollars off of people like you and me. When I was 15, I wasn't on the way to becoming a billionaire based on a wholesome image.

The 'mistakes' that celebrities make are magnified to the nth degree and they know about that--it's part of the tradeoff for the fame and fortune. I've said before, they always have the option of stepping out of the limelight and becoming ordinary people like the rest of us that few people pay much attention to.

If you want a good example of someone who made the transition from kid star to teen star to adult star without getting raunchy, look at Ron Howard, for one.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: