Quantcast Any food you didnt like? - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't really like the food at 50's primetime cafe, the fried chicken was soggy...yuck. My husbands roast beef was good though, but I don't think we will return.
    Oh and I don't understand the Zebra Dome thing I thought they were kinda gross, just not my thing I guess. Boma overall was wonderful.
    Our Little Princess Isabelle Born 11/30/09

2001-Contemporary
    2005-All Star Movies(Dh Proposed!)
    2007- Honeymoon! Poly-Wilderness-DCL
    Sept 08- Saratoga Springs-Bought DVC!
    May 09- AKL/ Wilderness Villas (Babymoon!)
    Next Trip- Sept.10 AKL Jambo House

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't say that there's any one thing I "hated". Somer were better than others. But I'm a very picky eater, therefore I choose places I know I will like. However, our last trip, we separated @ Epcot. The mom's & kids went to Alfredo's and the dads went to Germany. Within about 5 min. the dads had joined us @ Alfredos, because the food @ Germany was so awful!!
    74 offsite
    76 poly
    77 pol
    80 poly
    81 golf resort
    83 poly
    84 cr
    87 golf resort
    89 CBR
    98 CBR
    01 CBR
    03 WL
    04 WL
    05 WL
    2006 WL 2010 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Hollywood and Vine lunch! Everyone in our party wanted to by time we left!

And the green beans at LTT. Loved everything else there tho.
    Jessica

Next Up - Aug 09' Wilderness Lodge
    98-08 - Shades of Green
    80-97 - Poly, CR, ASSports and family Condo at Daytona Beach.

Post Thanks / Like

hated Nine Dragons Restaurant and garden grill.
    loved the show hoop dee doo the food was just ok
    royal plaza- 1990
    cbr-1998
    cbr-2006
    pop cent- oct 2007
    pop cent 1/09
    por- aug 2009-
    pop jan 2010-
    pofq aug 2010
    pop jan 2011
    pofq aug 2011
    pofq jan 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfankev View Post
    hated Nine Dragons Restaurant and garden grill.
    loved the show hoop dee doo the food was just ok
    I hope Nine Dragons will be good after the rehab. My family choose this place for our Feb 09 trip.
    4 Visits to WDW over the past 10 years.
    Too many visits to DLR over the past 30 years!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I didn't like the school bread in Norway. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't what I expected after all the raves over it here on INTERCOT.
    Oh my goodness, I had to double check this post to ensure that I hadn't written it myself.
    I was also so looking forward to the school bread last year after having read all of the rave reviews here. I had the tiniest bite, and did not care for it at all. My hubby (who eats anything) finished mine, but didn't touch the second one.
    On the other hand, my Intercot friends were spot on about the Dole Whip floats. My mouth is watering as I type this....
    Before Kids:
    Off-Site - September/91 & September/92

With Kids:
    Off-site - November/03 & September/05
    FREE DINING:
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/06 (w/ my parents)
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/07
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/08 (w/Bro's family)
    POP Century - Sept/09 (NO KIDS!!!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

San Angel Inn and Tonys in MK!! The food and service at Mexico was horrible! Got our entree and THEN our appetizer....didnt even bother with dessert...to bad the food is so bad because the atmosphere is great! Tonys tasted like canned italian I had the baked ziti and it was shaped in a perfect square...kind of sketchy!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I am shocked at all the negative remarks here, I feel like I'm the outsider of the group. I have to admit, all the times I've been to WDW and all the different restaurants I've tried through the years, I have personally not been dissatisfied. Every now and then have had trouble with service, but for me, all the food has been great, have never had anything wrong with the food. Now I have been disappointed in a couple choices I've made with my selection of food, but that's MY fault b/c I do like to be adventurous and pick something that could be good and is out of the norm. As I sit here thinking about all the foods I've had, I can only think of one item of food I've gotten before(and I'm not counting Beverly either) and didn't like....and that was the frozen cappucino(sp?) at France. Sad to say but a frozen cappucino at QT gas station tastes 10 times better than that does.
    28 times to WDW and still going since 1984!! Most recent visit: November/December 2011...Far too long since my last visit! :'(

Personally, I believe it didn't start with a mouse. It started with a man that had one of the greatest imaginations in this world.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Tony's In the Magic Kingdom; would never return, pasta hardley better than fast food itailian.

2. Hollywood and Vine; just aweful. Served many foods that seemed like they would be hard to mess up on, but the did!

3. Boma; not bad, just not our style

4. Cinderella's Royale Table; yuck! You think that being the center of it all, they would serve a wonderful meal.

5. Sunshine season; is everthing made with the same thirty year old grease?

one thing I always remember though, is that if we didnt eat a lot at a restaurant, their are always options close that will fill our stomachs
    SSR 07
    BC 07, 08, 09
    Grand Flo 94, 06, 07
    Poly 91 & 2006
    WL 2005, 2006, 08
    Ft. W. Cabins 93 & 2004
    P.O. Riverside 2000
    AKL 98
    AKL- Kidani village 09
    CR. 97
    Yacht Club 95
    Dixie Landings 92
    Fort Wilderness Campground 89

Post Thanks / Like

I think I am the first to mention the Electric Umbrella in Epcot. My mother and I ate there in January and that was the only food that we were disappointed with. Maybe we just came at the wrong time of day. Either way, things were very blah.

My mother didn't care for California Grill, but I loved it. She said that the food wasn't bad, it just isn't her type of cuisine.
    Too many trips to count.
    DCP graduate.
    Counting down the days...

Post Thanks / Like

I tried a churro for the first time last March and it wasn't all that good, but worse is the chocolate chip cookie they sell at the coffee kiosks in Epcot - I only ate half of it before deciding it wasn't worth the calories.

I tried the "Rice Dream" in Norway and it wasn't what I expected, so I'm not a fan of it either.

Just to stay positive - there are many many more things I like than I don't like!
    Everybody's got a laughing place - trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Food and resturants that we did not like include:

All Star Movies Pizza

Mama Melrose

Tony's town Square
    Off site Jan '92
    AS Music April '97, Dec '98
    AS Movies Oct 2000, Jan 03, Jan 05, Jan 06
    Pop Aug 06, Pop Jan 07
    Pop Aug 07, Pop Aug 08
    Pop Aug 09, Pop Aug 10
    Pop Aug 11, Pop Aug '12, AoA Aug '13
    Pop Dec '13 Aug '14, Jan '15, Aug '15

Next Trip: Pop Aug '16

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I didn't like Tusker House buffet for lunch. We liked Boma so much better. Do not let anyone tell you that they are the same. That is a huge insult to Boma.

#35 - SSR 05/16
    34 trips
    2015 SSR
    2014 GFV & CBR/ToT 10mi!
    2013 DWL & POFQ
    2012 Bdwlk & SSR
    2010, 2011 OKW
    2009 BLT & SSR
    2008 SSR & AKV
    2007 SSR 2x
    2006 SSR 2x
    '05 DVC!SSR/DCL
    '03,'04, '07 POP
    '98, '99 ASMo
    '95, '96 2x, '97, '98 ASMu
    '89-'94 Off

Post Thanks / Like

sci fi - a step below expectations on the food, but a great atmospherte .... a very entertaining place to drink amilkshake or have a light snack.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belle_0717 View Post
    DH and I didn't like Tusker House buffet for lunch. We liked Boma so much better. Do not let anyone tell you that they are the same. That is a huge insult to Boma.
    someone really told you they were the same? I dont know about it being an insult but youre right.. they def are not the same
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by julyjewel View Post
    I live around Pittsburgh and our amusement parks ( Kennywood & Idlewild) have great food. The kids complain with the lack of options at the World. I guess I am just spoiled with the great amusement park food at our parks here in PA. Sorry to offend anyone.
    I live right between Kennywood and Idlewild and I think the food at Idlewild is REALLY nasty!! Now the fries are the best thing they have in the park, but the line is always L O N G!!! I have not been to Kennywood for several years, so I can't comment on how theirs is, but I will say that Sandcastle (the waterpark) has SOME dececnt choices.

As for WDW stuff we did not like....

We did not like Tonga Toast (don't flame us....it was just not our cup of tea). I think it was too greasy IMHO, and DH said he just did not see the attraction to it.

We also did not like Tony's Town Square. I had eaten there years ago and remember it being decent, but when we went last year on the free dining plan it was one of our choices and it just was not good; the server was borrowed from CP, so he had no idea what to suggest and the food we ordered was not very good.

Flatbread Grill was the other place DS and I did not enjoy -- more his kids meal though....the drumstick looked like it was in the garbage! When I said something to the CM about it he said they all looked the same.....dried out over cooked and VERY brown (ie, burned). We won't be back there anytime soon!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

reading all these posts makes me think -more room for me at these restaurants!
    i didnt care for the frozen banana that i got at AK. it was just blah, and too hard to eat (too icy for my teeth)
    last trip AKL may '06
    first trip 1973

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mac badger View Post
    reading all these posts makes me think -more room for me at these restaurants!
    I'm thinking the same thing too, and as I stated previously in my post I just can't think of anything except for the frozen cappucino from France. I had told my DMom about all the posts here and she just And she is in the same boat as I am...neither one of us can think of any time we've been disappointed with the food. Ah well....more room for me too...scoot on over mac badger, think I'll join ya if you don't mind
    28 times to WDW and still going since 1984!! Most recent visit: November/December 2011...Far too long since my last visit! :'(

Personally, I believe it didn't start with a mouse. It started with a man that had one of the greatest imaginations in this world.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny, I think I've had mostly great food experiences thanks to all the advice I've received on Intercot. I did race to try the Dole Whip and School Bread thanks to Intercot. The Dole Whip did not impress me, so next time I am going for the float. I did love School Bread, but you've got to like coconut and cardomon. My grandmother was also Swedish so perhaps the Scandinavian genes help. I'm trying Akersus next time, so interested to see if it is good to me or not. I agree with Sci Fi, cool place, very mediocre food. The great thing about Disney is even with bad food the atmosphere is interesting in nearly every restaurant. I found Hollywood and Vine pretty good actually. Not excellent, but enjoyable. The Studios seem to have the worst food all in all. I wish Beach Club had a good counter service, we had to resort to the little market pre-made sandwiches. So so. Mostly I have had very good dining experiences. Thanks to all the helpful Intercot advice!
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I can remember not liking was some sort of cold oysters at Cinderellas Royal table. EW!
    1988 Family Trip as a kid (offsite)
    1989-Family Trip (First time at MGM)
    2001-Daytrip
    2003-Trip with Friends (First time AK)
    2005-Sept 25-30-POP Century
    2006-Sept 25-Oct 1- All Star Music
    2007-Sept 9-17-All Star Music
    2008-closing of PI only
    2009-May 21-22 Disneyland/DCA

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: