Quantcast Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party

We will be visiting WDW this coming October. I have 3 children ages 9,6 and 11 months. Is MNSSHP worth attending? Do most kids wear costumes? Any and all input much appreciated!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely loved MNSSHP. The parks had a great full party atmosphere but yet were not "packed" so to speak. Lines were managable (if not non-existent) and almost everyone taking part in the Halloween festivities seemed to be having a great time. Hallowishes was great and the parade was fun as well.

I can not recomend it more!
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, well worth it. While a lot of people (kids and adults both) dress up, not everyone does, so you'd be fine either way.

You don't have to dress up to participate in the trick or treat.

There are a lot of character meets as well as candy stops.

The parade is extra cool - the headless horseman leads the way and the gravediggers from the parade HM float do a little "dance" with shovels, making sparks on the pavement.

The fireworks have a Halloween theme with special music and villian voiceovers.

And in my experience, the ride lines are MUCH shorter, since there is limited attendance.

Post Thanks / Like

MNSSHP is so much fun!! I highly recommend it.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Its our favorite party! You see kids and adults dressed up. There have special music, parade & fireworks, the kids can trick or treat, they bring out special characters (Maleficent makes her only supposed appearances during this party and others your kids would prolly know better than you, like Sora - mine freaked "No way!!!" ). The headless horseman runs up Main St.. very cool! Alot of fun!!
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

It is so worth it, in my opinion! Kids AND adults dress up. I don't agree with crowds being limited...it always seems very crowded on the nights I go...but I don't go in the summer so I'm sure it doesn't even compare

Post Thanks / Like

I dressed up as Red Riding Hood and people thought I worked at Disney. They asked me for my picture with their kids. hahaha I posed for a couple it was fun. I totally recommend this party it was worth it Disney workers kept stopping me and saying Red Riding Hood we haven't seen you in the Magic Kingdom before. I said its time to bring in new literary characters. I have a picture of Alice and I if anyone wants me to email it. Its fun. I also have a Tweedle Dee and Dum one too.
    Disney Wilderness Campground 1989
    Disney's Polynesian Resort 1996
    Disney's Port Orlean's Riverside 2004
    Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort This September 2007 YAY!

Post Thanks / Like

I saw loads of kids dressed up too. They looked so cute. Lots of adults lots of kids.
    Disney Wilderness Campground 1989
    Disney's Polynesian Resort 1996
    Disney's Port Orlean's Riverside 2004
    Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort This September 2007 YAY!

Post Thanks / Like

It's definitely worth in in my opinion. We went for the first time on our last trip and absolutely loved it! It was one of the best experiences we've ever had at Disney, and that's saying something because we have a lot of great experiences there. My daughter was almost 3 when we went. She dressed up as Cinderella and made a friend at our bus stop who was about the same age and dressed like Cinderella as well. The fireworks were great and the lines weren't too bad. The parade was wonderful too. We actually found a DVD of the events for MNSSHP and bought it because we found our our video camera wasn't working when we got to Disney World, guess I should have checked that before we left Anyway, we're actually going to try to continue to plan our trips around MNSSHP because it was such a great event.
    November 1997 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    November 1999 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    February 2002 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Honeymoon!)
    October 2006 - Old Key West (1st Trip with kids!)
    December 2008 - Old Key West (The not-so-great trip)
    October 2011

Post Thanks / Like

it's a great party and i highly recommend it. i've been the last 5 years in a row, and hope to go again. you'll see lots of adults and kids dressed up, and many not dressed up, so you can go either way and be comfortable. i think the parade and the fireworks are the best of all of the special parties, and you can also meet some rare characters that aren't usually out. i hope you all get to go!
    POR 10/13, DL Hotel 9/13, Poly 1/13
    CB 10/12
    Poly 1/12
    POR 10/11
    POFQ 5/11
    Poly 1/11
    GF 11/10
    POFQ 5/10
    Poly 1/10
    WL 10/09
    WL 6/09
    AKL1/09
    CB 7/08
    CS 5/08
    Pop 4/08
    CB 10/07 &12/07
    Yacht Club 07
    POFQ 06
    POFQ 05
    POR 04
    ASM 03
    ASM 00
    AS Movies 99
    OffSite 97
    AS Sports 96

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't intercot great??? I am even more excited after reading all these reviews!! We will be attending our very first MNSSHP this September 16th. Our plan at the moment is for all of us to dress up as a character from the Wizard of oz. My dd 5 wants to be a flying monkey lol.... not quite sure how to make that costume but it will be a trip in itself trying!

I did attend the Christsmas party last November and it was just awesome... I bet the halloween one is even better. Can't wait til September.. only 156 days til our trip!!

Hope yours is Magical

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely! This is a great event. We love it. Our entire family dressed up last year. Even my 14 DS got into the spirit. My 8 DS loves it. It is one of his favorite times to go to the Kingdom.

If you go, be sure and check out the area between Dumbo and SnowWhite. We have seen SnowWhite and the seven Dwarfs for the past several years. This is a rare photo opportunity. Ask any cast member around that area when they will be appearing. We got in line about 15 minutes early, it was great.

Have fun!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"

First visit to Disney World 1991
    Countless visits since
    Most recent: Oct 2006
    November 2006
    Feb 2007
    June 2007
    October 2007-2 weeks
    Feb 2008
    June 2008
    Feb 2009
    Oct 2009- HHI Disney Vacation
    Jan 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Must go & experience it at least once, you will be hooked! We went for the 1st time this past October & took DD ages 10 months. She just loved the parade & fireworks. We had her dressed up as Minnie Mouse. This year we will try MVMCP to see how they compare.
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

Post Thanks / Like

My advice is-

GET INVOLVED wear a costume- have fun-
    We have been 3 times and each time i got dressed with my kids- we had a ball.

The Parade is terrific- Villians galore...slighly scarry for youngsters, but totally unique.

it is a really fun time- just stay away from mainstreet during the parade- it gets too darn crowded.
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

where is the best place to view the parade?

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO, hands down the best event that Disney puts on. We have been to almost all the other events but vowed to never miss MNSSHP. We will be there again this year. We like it so much we attend it twice during our visit. Your going to love it.
    Planned for 2015, SSR in June, BWV in July
    14 AKL & BCV
    13 WLV & BCV & SSR
    12 AKV, BCV, POFQ
    11 Akv, BCV, SSR
    10 AKV, BCV, WLV
    09 AKV, BCV,POFQ
    08 BWV, WL & BC
    07 OKW
    06 SSR, OKW, BC, PR & DVC
    05 AKL, CBR, WL & HARDROCK
    04 CS & DISNEYLAND
    98 CS
    77, 87, 94 OFF SITE

Post Thanks / Like

In a word...ABSOLUTELY!!! We will not miss MNSSHP on any of our future magical journeys. (we always go in Oct.). Our kids did dress up, and we also saw many adults dressed up as well. The fireworks display is wonderful (better than Wishes), and the "Boo-To You" parade is fabulous! (I still can't get that song out of my head). Look for the Headless Horseman to start the parade (usually starts from Splash Mt), and be sure to check out the gravediggers and their "spark"ling dance!! You'll LOVE it!!
    74 offsite
    76 poly
    77 pol
    80 poly
    81 golf resort
    83 poly
    84 cr
    87 golf resort
    89 CBR
    98 CBR
    01 CBR
    03 WL
    04 WL
    05 WL
    2006 WL 2010 WL

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO this is the best hard ticket event at WDW! It is sooo worth the money! As far as costumes, a lot of the children and a lot of the adults will be in costume! DW and myself don't miss the chance to dress as one of the Disney characters! We also trick-or-treat right along with the DKs! Lots of fun!! I hope you enjoy it!!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We went for the first time last year and loved it. It was so much fun and we don't have any children yet. There were a lot of kids dressed up and some adults. I think this year when we go we're going to dress up like Elizabeth Swann and Capt. Jack Sparrow.

I also recommend picking up the special event CD that night. You can only get it on the night of the event. It's great!
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Go to that area in betweeen main street and the castle- thats a very good spot to see the villian parade
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: