Quantcast Tidbits April 2008

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Tidbits April 2008

Tidbits
    April 2008

Nullifying North

4/30/08 As construction continues on the Kingdom Tower project, evidence of its connection to the existing Tower have started to appear. The now ~12 story tall tower appears it will be connected to the 4th floor of the existing Tower. Pylons to support the bridge have been installed and beam structure for the enclosed bridge itself are starting to be constructed.

1/28/08
    The replacement structure for the North Garden Wing at the Contemporary resort has now risen past the height of the South Garden Wing. The structure is now 6 stories tall and shows signs of continuing to build further stories. This construction appears to semi-confirm leaked models of a potential replacement for the North Wing almost as tall as the main Tower.

12/12/07
    The replacement structure for the North Garden Wing at the Contemporary resort continues to rise. The structure is currently 3 stories tall and shows signs of continuing to build further stories.

Preview Mania

4/30/08 Over the last two weeks, visible signs of Pixar Place reaching completion have started to appear over the construction walls. A "Pixar Studios" arch has appeared peaking up above the construction wall just passed the entrance to the One Man's Dream exhibit. Also visible above the construction wall are life-sized Green Army men, perched on top of of the rooftop adjacent to the future attraction, hoisting up a what appears to be Tinker Toy structure. Additionally, chains of life-sized multi-colored Barrel-O-Monkey's can be seen linked in a long chain stretching from the roof of the Toy Story Mania building across the pathway to the rooftop of the adjacent building.

A preview schedule for the attraction is beginning to be released, see
    Toy Story Mania! Preview Schedule for details and discussion.

3/10/08
    A tentative start date for previews of Toy Story Mania! has been internally announced. It has been internally announced that preview period of the attraction is tentatively scheduled to start April 25th, 2008. While this date still remains very tentative, applications for the attraction's first Cast Members were opened at the end of February, which generally fits an opening timeline to start previews in Late April. The attraction is still anticipated to have an Official Grand Opening in Mid-June 2008.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Over-Baked

4/30/08 Recently filed construction permits have confirmed the closure of the Jr. Chef program at Epcot's The Land pavilion. Disney has recently filed a construction permit titled "Jr. Chef Removal". The details of the permit lists the removal of the activity marquee and other minor structural work, but does not elaborate on what will replace the activity area.

4/8/08
    According to reports from Epcot Cast, the Nestle Junior Chef program has permanently ceased operations as of April 6, 2008. The semi-popular children's program, held in the Land pavilion, allowed children to bake cookies. While the reason for the end of the program is not currently clear, the area formerly occupied by the program has been rumoured to be reclaimed as an additional seating area for the adjacent Sunshine Seasons dining location.

Mission: Possible?

4/30/08
    Further vague permits for what appear to be interactive elements have been filed for locations around World Showcase lending to further semi-educated speculation that the Kim Possible themed Team Possible interactive game will soon be launched on a full scale. Additionally, there have been several Guest reports citing that elements from the trial run of the game have been reinstalled around World Showcase in their non-interactive state. With the Summer Season approaching, it is being speculated that this yet to be defined interactive game will likely be launched with in the coming months.

4/8/08
    Construction Permits for the installation of walls, set pieces, and electrical support have been filed for undefined "Sign-Up Booths" at Innoventions East & Innoventions West for an undefined interactive game. While these booths could be for some new Inoventions exhibit, it seems more likely that these are related to the other "interactive game" locations that have been installed through-out World Showcase. While not confirmed, it is still heavily rumoured that this forthcoming interactive game will be a full launch of the Team Possible interactive adventure previously tested at Epcot.

12/28/07 Walt Disney Imagineering has been quietly filing for small construction projects around World Showcase for a yet-to-be-defined interactive game. Over the last several months construction permits have been filed to to install and support electrical infrastructure for an interactive game in the Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Japan, France, and United Kingdom pavilions. Based on the previous test run the Team Possible interactive adventure in this section of the park, it is widely expected that this work is for a permanent version of this offering. No time table has been stated in the permits for when all of the work will be complete nor when the "interactive game" will begin.

Treehouse Re-Growth

4/8/08 Construction Permits have been filed for the major refurbishments of the Treehouse Villas' Pool and all 60 the Tree House Villa units. While these permits show signs of the project progressing, they do not shed any light on a potential completion date.

2/11/08 Significant changes appear to be on the way to Disney's treehouse accommodation units contained in what was most recently (to the public) the Disney Institute Resort.

The new and old side elevation views of the treehouses and the new floor plan of the treehouses can be seen in the pdf version of the permit on the South Florida Water Management District website .

It appears from this floor plan that the newly refurbished treehouses will be for Guest use based on the Master bedroom/bath and Secondary Bedroom structure. At this point it is unknown if these new units would be absorbed into the nearby Saratoga Springs resort as additional units or re-open as their own independent Disney Vacation Club (or mixed use ) resort. There is currently no clear timetable for when these refurbishments may be complete.

InnovenChange

4/8/08 Construction Permits for new Storm Struck exhibit coming to Innoventions have begun to be filed. Walt Disney Imagineering has recently filed permits to begin "site preparation" and install "show sets".

Rehab Round-Up (rehabs)

4/8/08Those vacationing this Spring through Early Summer will want to stay on top of the Refurbishment schedule due to a wave of pool refurbishments and the refurbishment of a classic attraction being recently announced to take place during this time period. Over the last few months an unprecedented number of resort pool refurbishments have been announced for Spring/Early Summer 2008 potentially impacting Guests staying at the All-Star Sports, Boardwalk Inn, Boardwalk Villas, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Beach Club, and Yacht Club resorts. More recently, Pirates of the Caribbean has been announced to be closed for refurbishment June 5 - 18, 2008.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks for the update Jason!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

It's sad to see the Jr Chef Cookie Baking go, my kids loved it. BUT, to be quite honest, I remember twice not being able to find a seat in Sunshine Seasons. We never travel at the holidays or over summer break, usually the slow times, so I can imagine I'm not the only one who has been caught looking hard and waiting for a place to sit.
    Wife of one Handsome Prince
    Mother to Ariel, Tinker Bell, and twin Mulans

Planning is half the fun!

Post Thanks / Like

As always, thanks Jason! You rock!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update if you hear anything about what is going to be in innoventions please post i was hoping they kept the fire truck and the game by it you know the one where you use the flashlight to point out the fire dangers i thought it was pretty good well thanks for the update and and lets us know anything new
    1085.35 miles from Fort Wilderness
    92-Port
    93-Poly
    99-Fort
    00-Fort
    01-Fort
    02-Fort
    03-Fort
    04-Fort
    05-Fort
    06-Fort
    07-Fort
    oct. 08-Fort

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update! While I'm sad to see the Jr. Chef program go -- they do need additional seating at Sunshine Seasons....we usually do not go during peak times and sometimes we have trouble finding a seat then even! My DH suggested that somehow they put some seating outside of Sunshine Seasons to overlook some of their gardens, but I think it would be difficult to incorporate that one!

Also in Innoventions I heard that the Fantastic Plastics Lab closed for good too, which my DS is just devastated about not being able to make a new robot to bring home to the ever growing family of robots we currently have......is this where they are putting a new sign up area for the new interactive games? I wonder.
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Figment!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Jason.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I am excited to see what happens to the TreeHouses. Thanks Jason!
    Aubree

Disney Trips:

01/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    02/05 - Port Orleans - Riverside
    03/01- Polynesian
    11/97 - Polynesian
    11/91 - Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

**Update**

Post Thanks / Like

I am bummed about the Jr Chef program- Brandon loved doing it! I am SO glad I took a ton of pictures!

I would love to stay in one of the Tree Houses!!! Any rumor on when they will be completed and taking bookings?
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

lockedoutlogic Guest

Anyone have some recent photos of the contemp tower?

At 12 stories it really should be starting to take form....

Also...I was at AKV 3/30 throught 4/4.....and we were looking out at the lobby area of Kidani....they were putting the structural supports in place as we were there....i'll try to post the photos....

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: