Quantcast Poor attitude from Epcot Ticket CM - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's an example of someone not looking their age: when my nephew was either 14.5 or 15.5 we went to Pleasure Island and his dad and I were ordering drinks from one of the sidewalk bars. The bartender asked my nephew what he wanted and no he didn't mean soda! I just started laughing and said that he's not old enough. The bartender looked at me like he didn't believe me. I love my nephew but not enough to have let him drink at that age!
    PS: he's 22 and NOW he gets carded, but not all the time.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doodleboy View Post
    It has been my observation that it seems to be the permanent folks more than the college interns they hire. Are they not paying enough to draw a higher quality employee? Or are they doing what the federal agency I work for is doing and only hiring part timers to avoid paying out benefits. I have noticed that has made a real difference in the quality of employee at my job.
    I worked for Disney part-time for two years, and full-time for seven. When I left, I wasn't even making $10.00 an hour. I certainly wasn't working there for the money But yeah...I was told once a while back, that Disney used to carefully screen their applicants, and hired one out of about every 3,000. Now they hire one out of about every 50. Some people think that because it's Disney, that the pay must be great. Once they get hired and find out that their paycheck "ain't gonna pay the bills", some of them get a lil' Grumpy

The college kids? They think it's all "party time", they don't care much for their jobs (for one, what they do at Disney may have NOTHING to do with what they're doing at school - you may be a Psych major, but you're pushing the buttons at Test Track...), and they're only here for three months at a time. They know they're gone after a short amount of time, so why "care" for the job?

Oh - and as Bill said:
    If it effects you, then it's important enough to report. Take a few minutes to collect your thoughts before going after a supervisor. You want to present the issues you are reporting in a calm and thoughtful manner.
    I've said this time and time again. If you have a problem with a CM - or have experienced a GREAT CM - then say something to somebody about it They (Disney) will never *know* there's a problem with something (that they can fix) if they don't *know* there's a problem to begin with Oh - and if you do happen to report something, ask for a *manager*; don't talk to the coordinators (coordinators wear the peanut-butter-colored striped shorts, and khaki pants; managers are usually in street clothes).
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

First off, sorry about your experience. You did well not to let it ruin your day. We just returned and encountered NOTHING like that. The CMs were all amazing and I have been intending to post a huge "THANK YOU " on this site, but haven't found the time yet. (It's forthcoming.)

We are going back next year and my DS will be 30 months old. He's smallish so it may not be an issue. But I think Disney can handle this better. When we make our reservations, they already know our family members' names from past trips. Presumably, they know our children's birth dates, as well. Perhaps, for children nearing age 3, they could give an "access card" in place of a ticket. Of course, this would only probably work for people staying on property. But I'm sure something could be handled prior to arriving at the park to eliminate these uncomfortable moments.

We flew down his past October. It was our first flight in four years. We only bought three seats and my DS 19 months sat on my wife's lap. To avoid any delays at security checkpoints, we called the airline in advance and had my son added to my wife's ticket as: infant on lap. Her boarding pass was stamped and his name was added. This made for a more quick pass through the check points. I'm sure others may not have done this, and were possibly delayed entrance. In fact, we were told Orlando Airport may deny access. Flying sure has changed.

My point here is: Disney should have a system in place similar to that where you can call and make arrangements to have an access card for those on the brink of reaching 3. When I start making my next reservations, Disney should already know my son's age and should be able to provide me with something for him at check-in. For those making a one-day trip with APs, they should be able to call in advance and have something at Customer Service waiting. That would eliminate the awkwardness. (Knowing Disney, they probably already do and I just don't know about it.)
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    The college kids? They think it's all "party time", they don't care much for their jobs (for one, what they do at Disney may have NOTHING to do with what they're doing at school - you may be a Psych major, but you're pushing the buttons at Test Track...), and they're only here for three months at a time. They know they're gone after a short amount of time, so why "care" for the job?
    I don't really think it's fair to clump all the CPs together in one group. I can tell you that many (if not most) of the CPs are there to get experience, and like what they do. They are not there just for "party time". I did 6 CPs, and not one of them fit my major (and look at me now- I'm still at Disney, loving what I do). I know just as many FT/PT CMs that don't "care" about the job as do CPs
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

I took my son when he was 2year8months. After reading threads like this, I figured I was in for it. But thankfully it never happened to us. Maybe there's some "Disney Vigilantes" out there who think it's their personal business to make sure WDW stays profitable.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

You have the patience of a saint; I would have called a Lead over if a CM ever slammed anything in the presence of my two year old.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, amazing how this post has resurrected itself. I have not had much time to view this site recently and pulled it up for the first time in over two weeks. Imagine my surprise to see my 3.5 year old post on the top of the list! We had many more instances of second guessing during the next several months before our daughter turned 3. Things were a lot easier once she had her own ticket. Unfortunately, we just moved out of state this past summer and our AP's expired in Sept. It was hard not to just add another year!
    Annual Pass Holder!
    Multiple Day Trips
    Too Many Hotel Stays to List!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: