Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
Hope ya don't mind me asking.

I am a tile installer, ceramic and other stone, does Disney have full time installers around the WDW resort? Do they have there own workers or hire outside? I would guess they would have a ton of tile around to be repaired and new places being built or remodeled needing tile.
Okay, I'm not an expert on this one either. So some of you other CMs help me out here. From what I have seen, new construction is done by contractors, and the completed job is turned over to Disney. After that, maintenance is performed by Disney CMs who handle routine problems with plumbing, electrical, carpentry, ride maintenance, etc. Presumably this would also include repairs to drywall, tile, stone and ceramic work. These maintenance people are assigned to shops backstage at the individual parks, and in some cases, to shops that cover all of WDW. We often see them coming into our area with a work order in one hand and a toolbox in the other.

Hiring for maintenance positions is (I believe) also done through Central Casting across from Downtown Disney. I know nothing about their pay scale or working conditions.