Quantcast I always do this!!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default I always do this!!!

Once again, I have (at the last minute) added days to our upcoming trip. originally we were going 9/16-9/21 with the free dining promo. I had air booked, ADR's, MNSSHP, everything in order.

Then DH mentions he has Mon the 15th off as well. Well, why not go down over the weekend then?? So, I called Central Reservations, and they were able to add 2 days on to the front of our trip with free dining and everything. Next, I try to change my non-refundable airfare. Round trip on Northwest. Couldn't change it, because it was within the 14 day window, so had to rebook one way and keep the return protion of our flight. Then, jumped over to Airtran and booked a one way for our outgoing flight. but, oops!, the outgoing flight was WAY more then I though on the 14th so I moved it to the 13th. Called back Central Reservations, and added a room- only at GF for the 13th. Then tried to add dining for the 14, and 15th (Could only get lunches, that's o.k. though).

$2K later, perhaps I should have left well enough alone. Anyone else chronically change their plans?, or am I the only one this ???
    Jen :)

CR-1981
    offsite-1985
    Marriott Grande Vista 2002
    WL 2004
    Poly 2005
    CR Atrium Club 2006
    Poly 2007
    Beach Club CL, Grand Floridian 2008
    Beach Club CL 2009
    GF Royal Palm Club CL 2010
    WL CL 2011
    CR Presidential Suite 2012
    BC Club Level 2012
    Poly CL 2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to be able to add days onto my trip, but I think DH would kill me. Sat-Fri seems to be about his Disney limit.

Have fun, though! We're arriving on the 13th, too!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean! In the 2 Disney trips that I have planned so far, I ended up adding days. WhenI was ready to buy airfare, I found that it was significantly cheaper to fly out the day before the originally planned days. So it ended up working out that I save a few bucks or almost break even by adding the day vs buying the more expensive plane tickets on the originally scheduled days!
    Let's Go Phils!

First trip: CBR Halloween 2007
    Last trip: WL September 2008
    Next trip:WL September 2009

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

lol, me and DBF were just talking about this last night. We have changed our ressies four times lol...First we were going from January 2nd to 8th, 7 nights...then our friends backed out so we decided to change resorts because we would be using a different type room now, so we changed to BWV, lol well to make a long story as short as possible. We were going from January 6th to the 13th, then I came up w/ a BRILLIANT idea, that what the heck, we were originally coming back on a wednesday night, and taking thursday off from work, so whats one more day taking off work, lets come home on friday night...so now we are going for 10 nights!!! woooooo!!! DBF didnt argue either, he called our DVC and booked that day! lol...no problems...well, come to find out, it was CHEAPER to fly back on a friday night than that wednesday, so the money we saved by moving the fly back date to the friday is the same amount of money we needed to tack on two days, so I look at it as we added two days to our trip to the world for free!!
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16