Quantcast Is this wrong - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this wrong

Post Thanks / Like

My personal opinion is I wouldn't take candy off a desk if no one is there. I just would rather ask. If I walked by a person's desk and saw candy, and they weren't there, being the person that I am, I'd just not take any.

now, if the person was there and I was visiting them or the company they are with, then I'd politely ask.

But just walking by her desk, on their way to pay their water bill, and she's not there... That is just not polite to me.
    M°o°nica

Prepare to Shake..Rattle & Roll!
    Freeway Construction Ahead Take Atl. Route.Traffic Jammed.Drive Safely Detour Ahead..get ready to ROCK! All lanes open.SO FLOOR IT! Car Pool lanes open..WIDE OPEN - RnRC

Next Up: Oct 28 - Nov 7th!

N' Awlin's girl born & raised

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Was curious how the person who owns the candy feels about this. Has she said anything?
    TRACEY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlovr9000 View Post
    Was curious how the person who owns the candy feels about this. Has she said anything?
    She has not said anything directly but she has commented that the candy seems to disappear quicker when she is not at her desk.

I should clarify that she does NOT work for the credit Union, she works for a differenct company that has an office inside the credit union. IT's just that the public has to walk past her desk to get to our bathrooms.

ALso, there is only myself and one other person who will occassionally purchase candy to replenish her candy jar! He and I were talking last week there there is one particular employee who helps herself to handfuls of candy. However, when this " other" employee brings something in she does NOT offer it to the "candy lady"
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    I agree.. our receptionist has a candy jar on her desk and the public that comes in will help themselves also.. if it's not for the public to share then it should be placed where the public has no access to it. I do agree that taking a handful is pushing it though...
    I agree with this. I put candy on my desk during different holidays or occassions like Halloween, Christmas, V-Day...
    When it's there I expect people to get some. I don't care how much they get because once it's gone, it's gone. The rest of it is in my desk drawer for my enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by crazypoohbear View Post
    I just wanted to clarify that the people who are taking the handfuls of candy are not visiting the company she works for, they are passing by her desk on the way to the bathrooms and it always seems they only take the candy when she is not at her desk.
    They don't acknowledge her when she is there.
    Is it easy for them to tell that she does not work for the Credit Union? Perhaps they do not know she is not part of the CU?

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    That's too bad, because I would guess that she puts the candy out expecting people to take it, true, but to be social and encourage people to stop by and be friendly when she is there, not to take it all and run off when she's not there. I don't think it's wrong to take some when she's not there, but to make it a habit to be grabby with it when they pass by her desk and she's not there does seem a bit rude.
    This is the main reason why I DO NOT keep candy on my desk (plenty of it inside my drawer though ) on a daily basis. It causes too many interruptions and most times people don't respect that fact that I am on the phone or helping someone.

I personally don't take candy from someone's desk unless they are there but it doesn't bother me if someone does it to me. My co-worker has one of my favorite candies on her desk (Strawberry Creamsavers) and last week I wanted one but she wasn't at her desk when I walked by. So I came back later when she was there. She told me to get two because she knows that one is never enough. Those things are DEELISH!!!
    Next Trip: 2008 (hoping and praying)
    POR-August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

I think she'd probably remove it from her desk if it was a problem.

If the candy is out, you can expect people will take it whether they are visiting your business or not.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15