Quantcast Jon & Kate Plus 8 - Page 26

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default jon

i just read the article in people and it was all about poor kate. everything was "I" or "my kids", i think fame has gone to her head. i don't even watch anymore, it used to be cute, but, not anymore.
    Justice11

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Kevin and Jodi came out with another video interview saying that Kate told Jon they could have an open relationship only if he still remained faithful to their TLC contract which stated that they appear for each shoot.

I think it's sad about wrapped up in fame Kate is. I really hope she opens her eyes and realizes that her family is more important than all of this.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone remember the Dionne Quintuplets or read about them or seen the movie that was done on their lives? They were majorly messed up as adults, it was so sad. I'm afraid for these kids.

Post Thanks / Like

They are definitely making a big deal about this on Entertainment Tonight. Looks like if they aren't having trouble now, they will with all this adverse publicity. I feel for the kids, especially the older ones. I think it will affect them more.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

okay so here is my after watching the show

I think this episode might have surprised alot of people, because Jon came off as the one who didn't want to be there, And Kate wanted to work on things she said "she is here to work on things whenever work doesn't have her else where" and jon just said "he is there for his kids". I always sided with Jon alot but it seems like Kate is the one who is really upset and hurting over the situation and wants to make things work in their marriage, And Jon seems like he is done with the marriage, and doesn't act like he really cares if they split up.

The sadest part of the birthday party was when alexis said to jon "daddy I don't want you to leave anymore" and jon said "well daddy's have to work to" and after she left, he then kinda rolled his eyes and shrugged his shoulder's. I think he really seems upset he is the one at home with the kids and kate is out. But they are his kids too, they aren't Kate's kids that he is babysitting.

I do have to admit that during the clip showing the 6 growing up, was very sad and brought a tear to my eye's. As well as seeing how differently Jon and Kate interact with one another. You can deffiently see they have started to grow apart, And to me Kate seems like she is the only one who is upset by that. Of course Jon has admitted before that he doesn't like to share emotions, But even his body language and actions didn't seem like he had any kind or loving feelings for Kate any more.
    If you noticed on the interview couch at the end both of their body's were pointing away from one another (and if you know anything about body language) that tells you that they are disconnected. When Jon showed up at the party you could see how uncomfortable Kate looked and almost nervous standing next to him, she didn't know how to act around him, That is so sad.

I really hope that Jon and Kate take a vacation alone together and talk and work out their problems and decide what is best for the kids.
    And then after that, they need to have a family vacation with just them and their kids so they can interact and reconnect as a family.
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Who watched tonight's special extended episode? I have to say that it is painfully clear that this show is a major hindrance to the marriage. Jon is going through some kind of mid-life crisis and is sick of the cameras being around, but Kate clearly doesn't want to give up the show because it's become her "job" that she loves so much. I have to say that what Jon did in going out to those bars and hanging out with younger people, whether he cheated or not, was totally wrong. Yet all throughout this episode my dislike for Kate kept growing. In the beginning of the episode she mentions how Jon often gets stuck alone with the kids while she goes off on her speaking engagements and book tours, but brushes it aside saying "But he has help, it's not that big of a deal." Yet when he went off and left her alone to plan the party, she kept dropping lines like "Since I'm alone" "It's hard to do it alone but I have to" "Maddy and Cara step up when I'm all alone" etc. Well then how does she think Jon feels when he is left alone with the kids, and he doesn't even want to do the show anymore? Yet she claims that she's been trying to figure out his problem for 6 months and doesn't understand why they are going in separate directions. Hey Kate, why don't you watch your own show!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

DisneyPrincess, I do think that Kate is more emotional about the whole thing, but I think that Jon seemed so aloof because he does not want to be part of the show anymore, and resents Kate for that. I mean let's be honest, who really wants to have that kind of a discussion in front of a national audience? At least that's what I gathered from the show.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Jon is going through some kind of mid-life crisis and is sick of the cameras being around. I have to say that what Jon did in going out to those bars and hanging out with younger people, whether he cheated or not, was totally wrong.
    I agree that is was very poor judgement for him to be out with other women without Kate, because bottom line is if you are in the public's eye they are going to see you and then rumor's are going to fly, And even for people that aren't in the public's eye, If you see a married guy out without his wife and is with another woman you of course are going to speculate and think they are messing around.

Yet all throughout this episode my dislike for Kate kept growing. In the beginning of the episode she mentions how Jon often gets stuck alone with the kids while she goes off on her speaking engagements and book tours, but brushes it aside saying "But he has help, it's not that big of a deal."
    I think she was referring to the babysitter being there to help him. because she said "when I am away, he takes care of the kids, And he has help, So he isn't doing it on his own at this point" she never said "it's not that big of a deal"
    Just pointing it out. I only know the correct wording because the replay episode is on right now as I am writting this.

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    04/'06 1st trip back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess21 View Post
    I think she was referring to the babysitter being there to help him. because she said "when I am away, he takes care of the kids, And he has help, So he isn't doing it on his own at this point" she never said "it's not that big of a deal"
    Just pointing it out. I only know the correct wording because the replay episode is on right now as I am writting this.
    I don't mind you correcting me, I don't want to misquote her. I'm sure I added the "it's not that big of a deal" because that's the vibe I was getting.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I love watching this show I have to agree that if Jon & Kate want to save their marriage, calling it quits with reality TV may be their only chance. Unfortunately, it doesn't look as if Kate is willing to do that at this point. IMO she is the one who has changed so drastically since the show first aired. She's gone from being a relatable, stay-at-home mom to a fame-hungry workaholic. I feel bad for them - I really hope they can work out their problems and not become another divorced couple.
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind you correcting me, I don't want to misquote her. I'm sure I added the "it's not that big of a deal" because that's the vibe I was getting.
    okay, good some people get all defensive when you are just trying to point out the facts.lol

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    04/'06 1st trip back

Post Thanks / Like

YOWSA! Isssssues! And from someone who has always pretty much sided with Jon on things, I think he was definitely the one who came across as more non-chalant. The exchange between he and Alexis about him not going anywhere anymore was sad. Kate just mentioned that Jon needed a weekend away. How much has he really been away?

Neither Jon nor Kate spoke of love for one another, and that speaks volumes to me. It's sad.

Post Thanks / Like

That was a sad show and very weird. And that birthday party was over the top. Maybe he feels really beaten down, she kept correcting him on the last episodes and making fun of how he talked. She is gonna be a fun MIL someday! We also saw some of the old episode reruns and it was nice to see Aunt Jodi again. I hated how it was PG rated, my kids like the show and I don't want them seeing some of that stuff on it.

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't want to see them break up. I really hope they can find some way to work it out.

I didn't catch all of the season premier last night but I saw a lot of the other shows. I wanted to slap Kate during one episode when she started screaming at Jon because he bought a showerhead without a coupon. I know my father and and husband would have very surely told me where to put my coupon. Granted I suppose she was "right" but...plu-eeze...it's not that HUGE of a deal. They certianly have enough money.

I was also having a bit of a problem with her saying that he wasn't so "handy" around the house I always saw HIM doing all the work around there except maybe cooking. He put all the beds together...fixes things around the house then she screams at him to stop everything and come help the kids with lunch...etc.

She got on him about taking the kids for "tractor" rides. She made a huge deal about where were the other kids...The thing that really gets me...they have camera crews, producers, construction workers, movers...all sorts of highly paid individuals working for them constantly. Are the kids EVER truly alone?

Sometimes I think some of those kids need to be taken to the "baby exchange" and traded. I really don't like the way they spend so much time inside...when Jon pushes them outdoors a bit more they whine. I would have eventually brought them home and put them in "time out" for all the whining. They would have just made me CRAZY. Maddy really makes me nutz sometimes but I think she's acting out because she's so tired of the camera and all the attention the 6 constantly get.

They seem to be so annoyingly different. She hates the outdoors he loves it...I really don't think he likes the show and she lives for it.

I just think if they take a break for a couple of years. Let Jon get a regular job again. Let Kate do whatever it is that she does...maybe they'll find their groove again. I think Jon will be totally ruined if they break up. He'll be paying child support out the wazoodle and Kate will still be banking from everything.

The sad thing is I think the kids really need HIM.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Default My 2 cents...

Or maybe three cents...

I had stopped watching this show midway through last season due to all the "perks" and "product placement" for stuff and the lack of focus on the family. But I watched last night, probably due to all the hype but...

I almost wish I hadn't. I think that was one of the saddest hours of tv I have seen in a long time. It's like watching this whole huge family fall apart on tv. I think almost as sad as the "Jon and Kate" issues is all the media hounding them all the time. They can't even go to Target or have a bday party for their kids without the uninvited papparatzi around. I know this is the road that Jon and Kate have chosen for their family and I can't say I 100% blame them since I'm sure the money and vacations and stuff sure come in handy for such a big family but they sure have spiraled out of control haven't they? You have to wonder if they could take it all away and start over would they?

On another note that worries me, a family from Arizona that I have actually talked to online a few times, the Masches are going to have a show on WE about their sextuplets. I wonder about how wise that is in light of the whole Jon and Kate mess? They used to have a nice webpage for their family but it has been taken down, possibly due to the show? You can read about them on the WE tv website...
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Kate would do it all over again.

The Roloff (from Big People Little World) family has stayed normal and they were on long before J&K.

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno how I feel for sure, I do believe that it was clear that Jon wasn't 100% committed to working on their relationship and that many of the issues that they face seem to stem from her being the "more in demand" half of the show. (speaking engagements, book signings etc)

As to how that should work, well my DH has stayed home frequently with our son over the years..and is again right now. This time due to a layoff which means I need to work a little harder to bring in more money (possible in my field thank goodness not possible in his).

When you look at the costs (bare costs skip the hawaii and coast vacations) for raising such a large family I'd imagine they are signficant (scary signficant) and I know I'd take whatever would be the best route to care for my family (and if that's writing etc so be it) so I can't really blame them on that front.

But I do think that Jon has thought that being young and having Kate be controlling (and I somehow doubt he didn't know that before they married) of what's going on around her are reasons to behave as he has. I just don't buy that.
    As to the birthday party, those jumpy things are popular around here as well..run maybe a couple of hundred dollars for an afternoon so I figure between that and the magician it was pretty reasonable really. After all it would be more expensive to do a chucky cheese etc for that many kids wouldn't it?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Until all this he cheated, she cheated started - I really can't remember a lot of pics of them in People, US Weekly, etc . . . yes, they had a reality show but all in all they were pretty boring.

This whole charade is only bringing MORE attention to them - I'm starting to side with the bloggers who say it's only for ratings.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

They were really picking last night's show apart on the Today Show this morning. They said she considers this her job and needs to do this to support her family, especially now. But it was very sad seeing them both at the party but so distant. I really can't say I blame him after the ways that she talked to him in the past on the shows. Not many men would take this without biting back with something. I think she needs to step back and take a look at herself and how she comes across. She should watch her own episodes and see how the public is viewing this. They said they were committed to this season already with the contract and had to finish it but that there may not be another season with all of this happening.

I've seen a lot of families that have a lot of children break up though. The stress of all the commotion all the time and then throw in the cameras can't be good for any marriage.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Sad, Sad, Sad!
    I feel that neither one of them are acting in the best interest of their children right now. If it is because of deep hurt and anger or how over whelming their whole lives have become, playing this out in the public eye is just really wrong.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: