Quantcast Tell me about the polynesian laua ???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tell me about the polynesian laua ???

worth it, hard to book, ect.....
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

definitely hard to book!! On our last trip, the guest services CM at OKW was impressed to see we had reservations there!! He had been trying to get people in, and it was always booked! We made reservations in march, for our august trip!!LOL...but to be honest, We really didn't think it was worth the $$! The food was pretty good, but the show was lacking! The first 20 minutes was quite boring!! They do some skit type of thing that really doesn't seem to relate to the show! The second half of the show was OK, but we werent totally impressed! Hoop DeDoo on the other hand was AMAZING, and well worth the $$!!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, we went last april and made the best of it, we have fun no matter what, but i wouldn't do it again i didn't think it was worth the money either, i agree that hoop dee do is a much better take.
    Liane

1979 fort wilderness(trailers)
    1983 off site
    2001 fort wilderness (cabins)
    2005 port orleans fq
    2007 polynesian land and sea
    2008 july beach club yeah!

Post Thanks / Like

We have done this several times and used to like it but on our last trip it was just awful. The food was not great and the show has really gone downhill. We definately felt like we wasted our money and won't do it again unless they change alot about it. The Hoop-Dee-Doo is much better all around.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

The food was good, the show was okay, and IMHO not worth what we paid for it. Let's just say that having been to a real luaua in Hawaii, Spirit of Aloha reeks of Disney. You could tell it was a production, if that makes any sense?!?
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

We went last year, the food was blah, the show was ok, the fire twirler was incredible, but not worth the money. We'll be at poly again in July, but we are not going to the show. That being said it did fill up fast, I called in 180 days out to get in.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not on the dining plan.. think I will pass and find something else "new". This is our fifth trip, so always looking for some new spark. thanks
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nope

We went in 2000 and definitely have avoided it ever since. DH enjoyed the hula girls, but the food was definitely NOT worth the price. YUCK!
    Jennifer

June 2008 Port Orleans Riverside & Beach Club Villas
    Nov 2005 Beach Club Villas
    Sept 2000 Dixie Landings
    July 1990 Fort Wilderness Cabins

Post Thanks / Like

Not that great......not what you are expecting especially since it is so hard to get in...We go to Ohana for dinner and love it..1/2 the money and better food. They put on a little show. Kids have parades and coconut racing. I like that one much better.
    2010 WL
    2008 WL and POR
    2007 Wl
    2006 WL
    2005 POP
    2004 Marriott DD
    2002 Poly
    2000 WWsports
    1998-off site

Post Thanks / Like

We went a few years ago, and I thought the show was really cheesy. The food was pretty good, but the show was almost embarrassing.

Post Thanks / Like

My BF and I went in September. We both thought the food was great. They offer this pineapple coconut bread that we still rave about, fresh pineapple that was incredible and the ribs and chicken were great as well. The show was only so-so but the fire dancers were great. I'm glad I did it but probably won't do it again. It's one of those "you have to do it once" things.
    1988 Family Trip as a kid (offsite)
    1989-Family Trip (First time at MGM)
    2001-Daytrip
    2003-Trip with Friends (First time AK)
    2005-Sept 25-30-POP Century
    2006-Sept 25-Oct 1- All Star Music
    2007-Sept 9-17-All Star Music
    2008-closing of PI only
    2009-May 21-22 Disneyland/DCA

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: