Quantcast What kind of home do you live in - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BostonChic View Post
    We have a single family campello
    Never heard of a campello before, can you tell me what that is please?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conorsmom2000 View Post
    Inside the book there is a photo of the wife being laid out in our dining room!!! We were about 15 years old when he found this book and we were more than a little creeped out - we had never heard of such a thing.
    YIKES! What ashame it got lost though. I'm not sure what my parents did with the pictures... thankfully I never saw them. I think it would've really creeped me out to see pictures of people being laid out in our house. I think it's so neat when people leave things behind. We have tons of old Life magazines and newspapers. Unfortunatley they were kept in the basement and are not in very good condition, but it's still really neat. Also there is this HUGE antique mirror in our basement that was there when they moved in. It is not in great condition but I always told my mom I wanted to have it cleaned and restored and use it in my house when I move out. The only problem is we aren't sure if we can get it out of the basement because it really is BIG. This has my parents perplexed because the only staircase that used to lead down into the basement was a small spiral staircase which my parents removed and then put in a traditional staircase. There doesn't seem to have been anyway it could've been maneuvered down those stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypoohbear View Post
    My MIL STILL takes pictures at every wake she goes to!!! I tell my sister in law that that photo album is definately going to HER when the parents die I do not want it in my house.
    OH MY!!! I just don't understand why someone would want to look at someone in that state. I would much rather look at pictures of my loved ones when they were alive and well.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Two-story, 4 bedroom, 3 bath, 3600 sq. feet. Next house will be one level and no high ceilings!!!

Post Thanks / Like

me and my fiance live in a 1 bedroom 1 bath condo..its only 700sq ft..its little..but it works for now..we just bought it last may..we havent even been here a year yet...
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

A split level raised ranch semi detached. Aprox 2500 sq feet, 2 baths, 4 bedrooms. (the basement sold us, a finished "family room" and games room plus storage and closed of laundry room with full size windows)

our lot is a fair size depth wise but nothing much width wise.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

We live in a 3BR 2 BA home approximately 1200 square feet. It is our starter home and we're looking to upgrade this year. We need more space! It's me (28), DH (34), DS (4 months) and 4 kitties.

Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

We live in a 1 1/2 story home on a corner lot in a very quiet subdivision. 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, 2000 sq. ft. The best part is the master bedroom is downstairs, and the other 3 or upstairs. 1 for dd, 1 for ds, and 1 for "storage" which will turn into a room for the baby we hope to adopt.
    [I]Hello. We are the Bradshaws. And We are Disneyholics.

September 2000- Music
    June 2004- Pop
    June 2006- Movies
    February 2008- Offsite (Won't Do That Again!)
    May 2009- First Ever Disney Camping Trip!
    June 2011- Pop
    Feb 2012- Sports
    Dec 2012- Movies
    May 2014- Pop

Post Thanks / Like

We're 9mos into a home we had built last year. We LOVE it. It's a 4bd/2 1/2 bath 2 story home with a bonus room for home schooling. It has a spacious family room that suits us nicely as a large family of 6 (DH, myself, DS10, DDs7 and DS2). I can't wait till the day we can say we own it free and clear. Congrats to those who are mortgage free.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

We live in a 4 BR/2 BA house with a Daylight Basement. The house was built in the early 1970's and my parents bought it back in 1988. My DH and I ended up buying it from my dad April 2006. We are slowly trying to redo it. Some of the wallpaper is ORIGINAL. I will NEVER put wallpaper up after we have all this down. It is an absolute nightmare. I know it will be worth it. With just 3 of us (DH, DS and myself) there is plenty of room at 2500 sq ft.
    Rhonda

Trips to WDW: Priceless

Impossible is not a word.

Martinsville, IN 15 hrs. 22 min, 970 mi. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 5 in my family and we live in a home that was built in 1914. 3 bedrooms, 1 and a half baths, living room, dining room, kitchen, full basement & attic and a sitting area on the second floor. My house is HUGE!!! We are in the process of restoring it (one room at a time - very slowly). We have lived there almost a year now. I absolutely love it. My staircase is beautiful all original wood, That's the first thing you see when you walk in my front door. I have a HUGE pocket door that leads from the living room to the dining room. We have alot of work, but the bones of the home are great! Can't wait to see it finished - but that's along way away.
    December 2012 - Pop - All Girl I Wanna Go What's One More Trip
    October 2009 - POR - Grand Gathering
    Dec. 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    August 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2005 - Pop Century

Nov. - Dec. 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2002 - Ft. Wilderness Campground - Family Reunion Trip

Post Thanks / Like

We live in a 4 bedroom 2 1/2 bath colonial. It is 34 years old. We are the 3rd owners and have been there for just over 3 years. The 2nd owners were there for 20 years and never did anything, so everything was original to the house when we bought it. Imagine, 34 year old red shag carpets and silver foil wallpaper!!

We have been slowly redoing it, and have actually been making a lot of progress. We recently got a new kitchen and got one of the bathrooms finished. The house, at least on the inside, looks completely different than it did when we moved in. I was able to see it's potential, and it is now looking exactly as I pictured it could.

Oh, it is me, DH, and DS5 who live there. And one very large cat. (used to be 2 dogs. Then 1 dog and 1 cat. Then 1 dog and 2 cats. Then just 2 cats. Now just down to 1 cat...and that is all within one year )
    Last edited by DisneyDog; 02-20-2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like

We are currently in a 3 bed/2 bath 1610 sqft ranch that we built in 99. And we are in the process of building a new home - a 2100 sqft ranch that we should be ready to move in July.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in a 108 year old Victorian house with 5 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, 2 fireplaces, about 2500sf. sitting up on a little hill.

It has a wonderful front porch where DH and I spend many summer hours sipping and watching the world go by. OK, so maybe it's only 5 cars going up and down our street but it's our little corner of the world.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

We live in an eight room house, four bedrooms, living room, kitchen dining room, one office and one and a half baths. However, we have a beautiful shower and dressing room in the basement, fit for a princess and prince. We live 703 feet from the Atlantic Ocean. It's great.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

We've been in our house for 13 years now. I think it's about 30-35 years old- and we are the 2nd owners. It's a pretty standard 4 bed, 2.5 bath colonial with a finished basement. It's about 2500 sq ft. plus an attached 2 car garage. We are on about 1/2 an acre, but have another 50 yd buffer of "green space" at the back end of all our yards in the development. So we really cannot see other houses behind us- just woods and the deer, birds, etc. We are right on the western edge of the Pine Barrens.

It's a nice town, but you have to drive to get anywhere. That took a while to get used to when we moved here from Chicago. No buses, no walking to the corner store for milk or the paper. We don't even have sidewalks.
    Also, no sirens or street noises- but the birds and crickets kept us up at night for quite a few months!
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

We live in a 5000 sq ft.,103 year old house with 6 bedrooms (2 on third floor with small kitchen and living room for the servants way back when), 4 fireplaces, and 5 bathrooms (only 2 showers and tubs are actually working well not needing new pipes).

We are shortly moving to a 101 yo. house with 6 bedrooms, 6 working bathrooms, 4 fireplaces, new kitchen and 20 year old re-done-gargare-now-guest-house with 2 bedrooms, kitchenette, and bathroom on 10 acres with gardens and a tennis court.

We are very excited!!
    Last edited by Kidsmom; 02-25-2008 at 11:45 PM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like

We live in a single family, ranch style brick home, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, full basement (not quite finished, but it has indoor/outdoor carpet, and is usable). It's around 2000 sq. ft., and was built in 1998. We moved here in 2006, and have repainted most of the house (actually, my MIL did while I was sick).

I liked our previous house a little better, but like the schools here A LOT more!
    Tammy

8/78, 5/88, 3/90, 3/94 - WDW - Off-Site
    5/86, 7/91, 3/99 - DL - Off-Site
    10/97, 7/98 - WDW - Poly
    7/01 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #1
    2/02 - WDW - WL
    7/03 - WDW - Poly - surprise b-day trip
    12/04 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #2
    1/06 - WDW - Poly - surprise 6th b-day for DD

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: