Quantcast Wilderness cabins?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wilderness cabins?

Has anyone stayed there recently? How hard is it to get around? Is it very spread out? Does it have that "Disney" feel? Do buses run to the parks? Are the bus stops very spaced out and therefore a long walk? Any info on the cabins would be welcome!!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness, I LOVE the cabins! Me and my family have stayed there 3 times and every time, we love it more and more. Each time that we've stayed, it's been a party of 6 - which can be a little "cozy" but still we had alot of fun and laughs. The buses run all throughout the resort - and the walk is never too long to one of the bus stops...however, you can rent a golf cart - which is what we do and it not only provides a form of transportation to and from Setttlement and Trading Posts but also provides alot of fun for just cruising around late at night. I think you'll have a great stay in the cabins. We are not staying in the cabins this year only because there's only 3 of us going this trip and we have a budget to stick - but we will be going over to Ft. Wilderness to visit and have dinner at Trail's End buffet and enjoy a cold drink at Davy Crockett's Tavern...I hope you have a great time.
    08/07 Ft. Wilderness Cabins (WAHOO!)
    10/06 All Stars Music (me & dd)
    6/06 POFQ
    6/05 Ft. Wilderness Cabins
    1/05 Offsite and Ft. Wilderness Cabins
    8/03 Offsite
    3/02 Offsite
    9/99 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the cabins last November. It was our first time as a family, although my oldest DS and I had camped there with relative a couple of years ago.

Anyhoo, we really liked the cabins. We had 4 adults and two small children, and it did get crowded, but since we were at the parks or the kids were sleeping it was fine. Yes, I think it does have a Disney feel. Camping without the real camping.

The bus system is pretty good. We opted to rent a car which was much quicker for getting around to the parks since with have a double stroller and two crazy kids.

It is pretty spread out, but we were able to walk to a playground, two pools, the area where they have the movies/bonfire, and only a few stops from the front of the campground.

I do recommend if you are staying for any amount of time to get groceries delivered. We went to the store... what a waste of time.

Good thing about the cabins? Full kitchen with all the necessities (only for 4, a bit of a complication). Mousekeeping does the dishes.
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

We LOVE the cabins and think it is the best kept secret in DW. We have stayed there each of the past four years. There is a unique Disney feel, but it will definitely keep you in the spirit. We have rented the golf carts each time and have not had a problem getting around. The grounds are spread out, but the buses come very often and transportation has never been a problem. We love how you can take a boat to MK, Wilderness lodge, and the Contemporary. From the Contemporary you can take the monorail around to either the MK or other hotels.
    We do not cook much (we are on vacation), but it is nice to have breakfast every morning and use the outdoor grill a couple of times. We even reheat leftovers from the HDDR. This is a great way to save a few dollars.
    The only drawback about FW is that the pools are just basic, rectangle pools with not slides or other frills. But, all the positives outweigh this one negative. There is so much to do.
    Make sure you go to the beach area to watch the fireworks over MK and see the electric light parade. Bring the fixings’ for smoores at the movie and sing-a-long with Chip & Dale!
    Where else in Disney can you sit on a deck with a cold beverage and let your kids ride their bikes or just be outside and play?
    I could go on and on about things to see and do. Have a great time!
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06
    FW Cabins May '06
    Offsite June '99
    FW Campsite Aug '79
    Contemporary '76

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in the cabins in September and really enjoyed it. It was very nice having a separate bedroom and living room; and the full kitchen was great for making breakfast in the morning. My favorite thing, however, was being able to take a few minutes to myself to enjoy a cup of tea and check email on the deck (no wi-fi, sorry. I have my own aircard.). My kids also loved the murphy bed in the living room. Although this was the second time we'd stayed in the cabins, the whole concept of a bed you can pull down from the wall totally blew their minds.

Disney strongly encourages you to use the bus system or a golf cart to get around in the resort rather than your car (very little parking for anything bigger than a cart anyway, other than your campsite or cabin). It could be a bit of a hassle to use the bus, but you also get to visit with other "campers."

Drawbacks are:
    • The pools are large, but unthemed as in other resorts.
    • Trail's End is the only place you can have a sit-down meal.
    • Parking is very limited. Cabins have space for only one car &/or cart. This can be an issue if you want to invite friends to visit or, in our case, a neighbor invites friends who decide to borrow your parking space while you're out.

All in all for us, we love the cabins and really enjoy the relaxed atmosphere while still being a part of 'the magic."

Have a great trip!

Robyn
    I never look back, darling! It distracts from the now.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed there, just the 3 of us, when my DS was about 1 year old. It was great because we actually got to sleep -- he had his own room, and we could watch tv at night without keeping the baby awake. He slept in a pack-n-play and didn't even use any of the beds that are in the room, ha ha. The funny thing was his pack-n-play was near the tv. First thing in the morning, we heard this loud music. He had stood up and figured out how to turn on the tv and was watching a jazz documentary on BET and loving it. (Still not sure how he figured out how to change the channel!).

Post Thanks / Like

another cabin fan here!
    we adore them.
    the two rooms each with a tv makes life better for us.
    DS and i can watch sports while my bride can watch lipstick jungle.
    we grill out every other night.
    the deck is awesome.
    cigars at night and coffee in the morning.
    especially nice on our annual spring break trip as we get to finally get to spend time outside in the warmth.
    get a cart reserved and do it now!
    they go fast and you'll never get one after you arrive.
    trails end is awesome.
    we get kinda old school and load groceries at home in coolers and bring them down.
    it works as we can park right in front of our cabin and tote them in.
    same goes for our luggage.
    this works in reverse as we like to "sneak" out very early in the morning to go back home so its no big deal to load the car.
    pools definatly lack style but we go to BB or TL when we need a pool fix.
    lastly its nice to just get away from the busy parks but still not be too far from the magic.
    i too could go on and on!
    16 FW, SS
    15 CS, FW
    14 CS,FW,POR
    13 BCW
    12 BC
    11 BC
    10 FW
    09 DEC
    08 FW,POR
    07 OK, SS, CBR, POR
    06 POLY,AS,FW,YC
    05 SS,FW
    04 GF,CR,POLY,POP,ASM
    03 BC,WL
    02 AKL
    01 WLV,GF
    00 BC
    99 POLY, POR
    98 CS,BW
    97 C
    96 FQ,OK
    95 CB,BW
    94 WL
    93 OKW
    92 DL
    91 RMG
    90 RMG
    83 TH
    76 V
    71 HI

Post Thanks / Like

we stayed in a cabin in 2001 the kids were young then 4 and 6 so the bunk beds were great there is also a full bed(i think its full) in the same room with the bunks and the murphy bed in the livingroom we had big plans to watch tv or have some beers on the porch when the kids went to bed. never happened we were sleeping within minutes of the kids. told the maid at the end of our trip to take the beer(wich we never touched) and the groceries home. we definately used the breakfast food but never felt like leaving the parks to go back to the cabins for lunch or dinner, our favorite thing was the outdoor movie at night, when we were there you didn't have to bring the smore fixins, you could buy everything there, the kids loved it . the kids now 12 and 10 still talk about the golf cart they loved that too. totally recommend the cabins
    Liane

1979 fort wilderness(trailers)
    1983 off site
    2001 fort wilderness (cabins)
    2005 port orleans fq
    2007 polynesian land and sea
    2008 july beach club yeah!

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone stayed there recently?
    . . . we stayed there last year
    . . . we had four cabins for the extended family

How hard is it to get around?
    . . . wasn't that hard
    . . . most campground attractions were within a 15-min walk
    . . . but, we did rent golf carts from an outside company

Is it very spread out?
    . . . it can be, it you want to explore
    . . . after all, it truly is a campground
    . . . and exploring is great fun

Does it have that "Disney" feel?
    . . . has more of a campground feel
    . . . yes, there are Disney touches
    . . . but, more of a campground

Do buses run to the parks?
    . . . just like other resorts, about every 20-min
    . . . plus, there are the boats to MK

Are the bus stops very spaced out and therefore a long walk?
    . . . not too bad
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: