Quantcast Tidbits February 2008

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Tidbits February 2008

Tidbits
    February 2008

A Re-Newed Noddle

2/28/08 The Tommorowland Noodle Station re-opened for regular operation in Mid-February 2008. The Counter Service Dining location is serving Dinner daily from 5:00 pm till 9:00 pm or park close (which ever is earlier). The location is planned to operate daily through August 23, 2008.

Tides of Change

2/28/08 It has been internally announced an agreement has been reached with a third party restaurateur to open a new dining location in the Downtown Disney Pleasure Island district. Although details have not been cleared for release to general Cast, there are rumours circulating that the restaurant will offer an non-American cuisine and be part of an already established chain.

An Epicurean Expansion

2/28/08A number of the Walt Disney World Resort's most popular dining locations will be offering special extended hours during the 2008 Peak Spring Period.

From March 15 through March 18, 2008: 1900 Park Fare will present Cinderella's Gala Feast Dinner from 4:30 pm - 9:00 pm, Cape May Cafe will present the Beach Blast Breakfast from
    7:30 am - 11:30 am and Chef Mickey's Restaurant will serve Breakfast 7:00 am - Noon and Dinner 4:00 pm - 9:30 pm.

From March 15 through March 28, 2008: 'Ohana will present the Mickey & Friends Breakfast from 7:30 am - 11:30 am and will serve Dinner 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm and Whispering Canyon Cafe will serve Dinner 4:30 pm - 10:00 pm.

From March 16 through March 22 and March 24 through March 29, 2008: Tony's Town Square Restaurant will serve Dinner 4:30 pm - 9:00 pm.

On Easter (March 23, 2008): Chef Mickey's Restaurant will serve Breakfast 7:00 am - 1:00 pm and Tony's Town Square Restaurant will serve Dinner 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm.

From April 18 through April 25, 2008: 1900 Park Fare will present Cinderella's Gala Feast Dinner from 4:30 pm - 9:00 pm, Cape May Cafe will present the Beach Blast Breakfast from 7:30 am - 11:30 am, Chef Mickey's Restaurant will serve Breakfast 7:00 am - Noon and Dinner 4:00 pm - 9:30 pm, 'Ohana will serve Dinner 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm, and Whispering Canyon Cafe will serve Dinner 4:30 pm - 10:00 pm.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

A New Quest

2/28/08 It has been internally announced that Disney Quest's two dining location will under-go operational changes in the Summer of 2008. Once the Cheesecake Factory Inc.'s current operational contract expires for the Wonderland Cafe and FoodQuest locations in June 2008, Walt Disney World Food & Beverage will take over operations. While details of the effects resulting from the operational entity change were not announced, it is expected that at least a new menu will be offered.

Star Treatment

2/16/08 The Downtown Disney location of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique has announced it will offer a new package for Girls at the end of this month. Starting February 24, 2008, the Disney's Secret Star package will become available at a price of $109.95 per Guest ages 3 and up at the Downtown Disney location only. The package has been announced to include a wig, T-shirt, head set, makeup, backstage pass makeup kit, guitar purse, and a photo shoot with a commemorative photo.

A Bustling Backlot

2/11/08 As work continues on the Backlot theater it has become apparent that the finished theater will be enclosed. Recent work has shown the installation of an HVAC system and other work that appears to be aimed at the direct enclosure of the theater. It appears the theater will continue to be hidden behind the San Fransisco Street facades, which supports the previous Cast reports that the newly refurbished theater will only be used for special events.

1/15/08 Work on overhauling the Backlot Theater continues, most visibly over the last several weeks when a crane has been brought in. The crane has reportedly been used to replace the roof on the theater. While all of this effort may seem to imply preparation for a new show attraction, Studios Cast have reportedly been informed the theater is currently not planned for general operation post the renovations. Rather, Studios Cast have reported that the location is currently planned to only be used for special events and shows following the major renovations.

9/16/07 The demolition at the Backlot Theater will apparently be done in time for the 2008 Night of Joy. It has been internally announced that the Backlot Theater will be one of the stage locations for the annual event when it moves to the Studios.

Princess Portraits

2/11/08 The Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Epcot's Norway pavilion has announced significant package changes to its Princess Storybook Character Meals. Effective April 27, 2008 each Princess Storybook Character Meal will include a Photo Package in addition to the Family Style Meal. The Photo Package has been announced to include 1 6"x8" Print and 4 4" x 6" prints of your party with one Disney Princess plus a themed photo holder.

As a result of this photo package addition, the cost of each meal will increase. Effective April 27, 2008, Adult Breakfast will increase to $28.99 per Guest Ages 10 and up, Child Breakfast will increase to $17.99 per Guest Ages 3-9, Adult Lunch will increase to $30.99 per Guest Ages 10 and up, Child Lunch will increase to $18.99 per Guest Ages 3-9, Adult Dinner will increase to $35.99 per Guest Ages 10 and up, and Child Dinner will increase to $19.99 per Guest Ages 3-9.

Post Thanks / Like

Treehouse Re-Growth

2/11/08 Significant changes appear to be on the way to Disney's treehouse accommodation units contained in what was most recently (to the public) the Disney Institute Resort. Construction permits have been filled to rehab the accommodation units had been used for College Program and International Program Cast Member housing until Late 2007. The permits describe the following intent to the refurbishment, "Disney is proposing to dismantle & remove the existing 'Treehouse' units and replace them with new structures. Because the footprint of the existing structures lie within the 100yr flood plain, the proposed structures that will have a foot print that is smaller than the existing footprint thereby decreasing the current floodplain encroachment. The new 'Treehouse' structures will have a minimum finished floor elevation 94.45 NGVD to meet the requirements of the Reedy Creek Improvement District Land Development Regulation".

The new and old side elevation views of the treehouses and the new floor plan of the treehouses can be seen in the pdf version of the permit on the South Florida Water Management District website .

It appears from this floor plan that the newly refurbished treehouses will be for Guest use based on the Master bedroom/bath and Secondary Bedroom structure. At this point it is unknown if these new units would be absorbed into the nearby Saratoga Springs resort as additional units or re-open as their own independent Disney Vacation Club (or mixed use ) resort. There is currently no clear timetable for when these refurbishments may be complete.
    Figment! aka Jason șoș
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

thanks jason!
    john

Off-site '76, '89, '91, '96
    LBV Hilton '84
    DLR '86
    Poly '93, '08
    CR '96, '02, '03
    Next trip- Poly Aug '11

Post Thanks / Like

very interesting!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the update. I can't wait for the treehouse villas to come open. When I was younger that was the place I always wanted to visit.
    Walt will always be my HERO.

1973 - 1999 Disneyland twice a month
    2003 June offsite WDW
    2004 & 2006 Dec. AK
    2007 Feb. PP Disneyland
    2008 Jan. All Star Movies
    2009 Jun. DLH Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Cool news about the Treehouse Villas... The proposed new elevations for the sturctures certainly make them look more like treehouses now...

cgriff

Post Thanks / Like

I remember first seeing them when I was staying at Old Key West about 10 years ago. I found out later what they were. I always thought it'd be a cool place to stay, but only with others. Too big for just one person.

Though I doubt I'll ever get to stay there. ^_^
    Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?

WDW stays
    1998 Old Key West
    2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2005 Port Orleans FQ
    2007 Coronado Springs
    2009 Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

Cool, and thanks. I saw the treehouses for the frist time in years the other night on the boat ride from POR to DTD. It brought back some lost memories
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

and Akershus continues to decline from my fav Epcot place to......
    i would love to stay in the Treehouses!
    thanks for the updates!
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I read somewhere that the Treehouses became part of the Saratoga Springs resort... or at least were "on the books" to share some of their amenities such as restaurants, pools, etc. It should be real interesting. REgardless, I think this is a good thing. It's Disney essentially reclaiming a piece of property for use by the public (errr.... paying guests) as opposed to sitting there unused.
    Matt

-Married: Awesome Wife and 2 Great Boys; Civil Engineer; University of Michigan Alumnus/Fan
    -Walt Disney World fanatic since 1971!
    -DVC (OKW) Member since 1996
    -Next Vacation: ????

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jason
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates, Jason -- it would be awesome if the treehouse units were open to the public -- that's something I've always hoped for!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info! I'm excited to see what happens with the treehouse villas!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Does this mean that the Treehouse Villas are currently uninhabited? I just returned from a stay at Saratoga and was mystified by them. The lights were on, but it looked like no one was there. There were no people in them or belongings in the villas. Just yellowish lights and greenish walls. It was kind of eerie.
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Walt Disney World proudly presents....our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-syntho-magnetic musical sounds....the Main Street Electrical Parade!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by AdventurelandTikiGirl View Post
    Does this mean that the Treehouse Villas are currently uninhabited? I just returned from a stay at Saratoga and was mystified by them. The lights were on, but it looked like no one was there. There were no people in them or belongings in the villas. Just yellowish lights and greenish walls. It was kind of eerie.
    As Jason's article says, they're current used for College Program cast members only. No guests are currently using them.

Let me tell you, though ... if they do, in fact, resurrect these things as part of SSR (where we, coincidentally, are DVC owners ) I would be thrilled!! I've always wanted to stay in one!!
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Treehouse pix

Does anyone have any treehouse pixs? i always heard about them but never saw them-
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

I am kind of excited about the treehouses. Sounds great!!!
    șoșșoșJessica Dșoșșoș

October 2011
    Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be awesome to stay in the treehouses too. Hopefully they'll be done before our next trip!
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know where they would move the WDWCP students too? Hopefully not back to Snow White village where I stayed in the late 80's

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: