Quantcast Monthly Scrapbook Layout Challenge - 2008

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Since the online monthly scrapbook day just didn't seem to take off with everyones work schedules and family time - How would everyone feel about doing a 'Monthly Challenge'? I/We could post a challenge at the first of the month and everyone has a month to complete and post their layouts by the end of the month?

If anyone is interested, I hereby challenge you to complete a Layout using your Character Photos, to be completed by February 29th.

Please add ideas for layout 'Challenges', eg: Resort Photos, dining, Hidden mickeys, rides, etc.

Hopefully this will bring us scrappers back together again, and 'force' us to get some of those LO's completed!!!

(I just posted further down that the end of month due dates are just a guideline - I know I need a goal to work towards!!!! Anyone can feel free to join at any time and jump in at any time with your completed layout pics!!!! Ideas for the next month are always welcome!!!)

LIST OF 2008 CHALLENGES:

JANUARY BONUS CHALLENGE - RESORTS
    FEBRUARY CHALLENGE - CHARACTERS
    MARCH CHALLENGE - VIEWS OF ........ (ie ICONS, landscaping, topiaries, architecture, etc)
    APRIL CHALLENGE - RIDES
    MAY CHALLENGE - H20 ~ Water!!!
    JUNE CHALLENGE - Holidays & Special Events (Pretty much anything that is special to you and your family at Disney!!!)
    JULY CHALLENGE - FOOD!!!
    AUGUST CHALLENGE - TRANSPORTATION!!!
    SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE - PICK A PARK - anything to do with any of the parks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Flower...you're making things difficult!! I REALLY have to pack, our closing date is March 3rd and I only have a few boxes packed. I was debating when to start packing my scrapbooking stuff. I'll have to pass until we're moved and my scrapbooking studio is set up. If I get my rear in gear, I'll join in.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Carol!!! Weak excuse!!!! I'll give you a pass, but only until April!!!!

How are things going with the packing? I sure hope it is warmer than it is today for the move...BRRRRRR....!!!!
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    Oh Carol!!! Weak excuse!!!! I'll give you a pass, but only until April!!!!

How are things going with the packing? I sure hope it is warmer than it is today for the move...BRRRRRR....!!!!
    We're hoping our moving date will be Easter weekend, so it better be a lot warmer!! You can come and help me pack..I have a whole 8 1/2 boxes packed.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

I'll help you load your scrapbook stuff...really...I'll make sure they get there safely!!!

I was just thinking, here I dropped the gauntlet and I have no clue what I am going to do for a LO - this challenge will be inspiration for me hopefully!
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

Smile yippee

I've been looking for a scrapbooking thread!! I've been out of scrapbooking for a while . .. oh life just gets in the way! I was spoiled enough to receive a Silhouette for Christmas and I've been dying to use it! I will for sure work on a Character page at my 'yap & scrap' tomorrow night and post it before Feb. 29th! Great idea Lea-Ann!
    Hmmmm . . . what could March's challenge be?
    I have an idea for "Views of" . . . "Views of the castle"/"views of animal kindgom" . . . I have lots of landscape pictures from my last trip and am trying to find a creative way to scrapbook them.
    Happy Scrapping everyone!
    Sarah
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are,when you wish upon a star your dreams, come TRUE"

Post Thanks / Like

I have one! But, when I looked it up, I thought I had done it this month but I realize now I did it last month.

But you can look at it anyways. Hopefully I can get another one done this month.

Look at pages 6 & 7.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    Look at pages 6 & 7.
    It's great!! Where did you get that EP paper? Please don't say DW!! I would love to get some of that for my album . . .
    Sarah
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are,when you wish upon a star your dreams, come TRUE"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BelleKP View Post
    It's great!! Where did you get that EP paper? Please don't say DW!! I would love to get some of that for my album . . .
    Thanks!

The Epcot pages? ElenitaB helped me on some of those pages, (not the Mickey ones or p. 2; of the posted ones: p. 1, 4, & 5 so far) and that was one of them. I think she may have gotten it there but I know she orders a bunch of stuff online.

This album is actually 20 pages long, not 7. I just haven't finished scanning all the pages in yet.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Bethany, your pages are great!!!! Since I'm packing my scrapbooking stuff, I can't wait to set up the new studio!!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Bethany - they look awesome!!!

Mine is pretty well done, I need to scan it and add just a few more things. I have 2 friends coming over to scrap tomorrow so I will either try to get it done today so I can work on the kids books tomorrow, or I will just finish it then.

I love that idea for March - How about we title Marchs' challenge as "Views of ....." Obviously you don't have to use that as a title, but just as a guideline for the layout. I love the idea of using Park Icons, landscaping, topiaries, buildings & architecture, etc.... (Due March 31st)

JANUARY BONUS CHALLENGE: Since I did not start this thread until February and we missed January, what if I threw in a 'bonus challenge' for January: RESORTS (Due March 31st)

And, obviously the 'due date is just a guideline, if anyone jumps on this thread months from now, feel free to post whenever!!!
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    Bethany - they look awesome!!!

I love that idea for March - How about we title Marchs' challenge as "Views of ....." Obviously you don't have to use that as a title, but just as a guideline for the layout. I love the idea of using Park Icons, landscaping, topiaries, buildings & architecture, etc.... (Due March 31st)

JANUARY BONUS CHALLENGE: Since I did not start this thread until February and we missed January, what if I threw in a 'bonus challenge' for January: RESORTS (Due March 31st)
    Thanks for all the compliments. ElenitaB has really helped me to be a better scrapbooker. On the pages I linked to, she actually did pages 1, 4, & 5 to show me some techniques (and to show of her skill in Photoshop LOL). I did all of p. 3, 4, 6, & 7. She did suggest the giraffe on the AK page and the little tag on the Mickey page.

On that same page, if you look at my other albums, there is a scrapbook from my 2005 WDW trip. That was the scrapbook I did right before this one, and you can see the difference in technique. Ellen really is a good scrapbook teacher!

I like the themes for both March and January (March). I hope I can get pages done for both themes but March is a really busy month. I'm going to make it work though!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone, I just wanted to apologize if if thread name change messed anyone up - I just figured it would be easier to keep it going if we changed it from a February challenge to a 2008 challenge, and Rhonda (Beast Fanatic) not only did the name change for me, she also made the thread a sticky at the top of mousellaneous!!!!

I will also keep a running list on the first post of the monthly challenges! Any monthly topic ideas are always welcome!
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Flower..I'll be painting the scrapbooking studio on the 7th..does that count for anything?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Hey, Flower..I'll be painting the scrapbooking studio on the 7th..does that count for anything?
    That can be your January bonus challenge Carol! How is moving coming? I do not envy you!!!

I am going to be playing all day Saturday at the Scrapbook Emporiums mega-crop in Oshawa, it should be fun! I am not actually cropping, I will be doing make in takes and demos. I would not have the attention span to sit there for 12 hours and crop, I would be needing my stuff that I'd left at home!

I have 2 girls from work coming over this afternoon to crop as well - we have never done it before so it should be fun!Hopefully I can get some more Disney stuff done today, or work on the boys books.
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

Flower, this is great. Thanks for taking the initiative!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I DID IT!!! I'm finished my Feb. challenge!
    I completed 5 character pages last night!! Belle, Snow White, Aurora, Cinderella and Ariel! They are pages from my trip with my best friend in August. They are a similar format as we took 3 pictures with each . .. but I like the continuity!
    I will have to get out the camera tonight and get them posted for you to see!
    How is everyone else doing . . . except you Carol . . . good luck getting that room painted!
    Sarah

Post Thanks / Like

oooh! How do I get involved in this?
    12 trips to the World... next one: 10/29/12 for our Fairy Tale Wedding!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyChick View Post
    oooh! How do I get involved in this?
    This thread is totally just for fun and to hopefully inspire (Challenge) everyone to get some lay outs done! Anyone can 'join' at any time.

If you are able to post pictures of your completed lay outs - great, if not, just tell us about what you accomplished during the month.
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

Coolness!

I've been working on the title page to the album and I think I should win some kind of award for most photos on a page. At last count is was 62 photos.
    12 trips to the World... next one: 10/29/12 for our Fairy Tale Wedding!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: