Quantcast Abee Normal's Crusie Report - Day 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Natomas, California = 2908 miles from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Abee Normal's Crusie Report - Day 2

Well, the comments from day one couldn't have said it better, I'll never be able to cruise again without the veranda.

Cast:
    Me - Abee (AKA Chris
    DH - Jeff
    DS - Jack 7
    DS - Jones 6
    My Mom - Lee
    MIL & FIL

Day 2 - Nassau - Handbag Capitol of the World

We woke up today just before we came into the port (8ish). We could see the Atlantis Hotel - it was really pretty and hee-yooge (huge). The ship then made a u-turn so to speak and we backed into the dock - we were know looking at the port of Nassau from our private veranda. It was really sweet and tropical, there were the neatest houses everywhere, and little shops and that cute restuarant Senior Frogs. We also saw an amazing yacht called "one o one" it was really beautiful, it was sleek and black and looked like something you would see on the rich & famous.

I only had one rule for today, the boys wake up when they wake up. So this means room service this morning for breakfast. I was a little concerned because they give you this card you can hang out the night before asking what you want for breakfast and when you want it. Well, I knew what we wanted but I had no idea when we wanted it - I can't break my own rule and wake them up.
    So I figure room service will take awhile but hey more veranda time - yipee - Boy was I wrong I called for two bowls of fruit loops, 4 cups-o-coffee, a bagel & cream cheese, english muffin & jam & apple juice for the boys orange for us, well in about 15 minutes it arrived and everything was perfect.

After breakfast we decided to take the boys to the Oceaneers Club while we decided when and where we were going to go in Nassau. We only wanted to go on land for a couple of hours ("on land" talk about a fantasy)we hadn't heard such great things about this place so we figured we wouldn't spend to much time there, so we got together for awhile and decided we wanted to eat lunch before we went into Nassau. My in law's decided to go into Nassau on sort of a pre-tour before we all went. My DH decided to get some more pictures of the Atlantis and we were at the aft of the ship when we saw this lovely women eating by herself and she asked us to take her picture. Her family was off on a tour and she decided to stay and enjoy the ship. Her name was Fern and she was 74 years young, she was really beautiful and so friendly. I was really proud of how my husband treated her. At the time my mom and I were alone with her taking her picture with her camera, then my husband came up taking pictures of the scenery and she asked if he was getting some beautiful pictures and he turned to her and took her picture and said " Yes I am" I think it really made Fern's day. She invited us back to England, we told her some day we would take her up on her offer.

After eating a quick lunch at there amazing buffet, which even my MIL loved and she hates buffets, we went to get the boys in the club, the counseler said they were in Parrot Cay having lunch - We asked if we could go get them - they said of course and personally took us there. When we got there we were really amazed - There was a restaurant full of nothing but kids and all the counselors were there asking if they had what they needed and did they want more to eat drink etc. Now you would think this restaurant would be deafening with all these kids but it wasn't even a little and all the kids were just talking at normal levels and eating. It was so neat to see that many kids together enjoying a good meal. We told the kids it was time to go and my older son Jack (7) almost came to tears. The counselors told us the kids were going back to the club to make cookies. They begged us to stay and the counselors confided in us that our kids would be bored to tears, and, in Nassau and there's not much there for them to do other than beach type stuff, which we weren't planning on, so my DH & I talked about it and decided to let them stay.

We got off of the ship and walked down one of the first streets along the dock. At the end of the street was a Bizzare with every designer handbag you could ever imagine - Gucci, Coach, Prada, Louie V. & on & on & on. I spent $60 dollars and I purchased two coach bags and one Gucci bag. The haggling for bags was really fun, but I swear this one gal was going to put a voodoo on me for not buying her bag. It was so much fun. Thinking back I'm really sorry I didn't buy more, but hey there's only so much room in the luggage. We walked in a few more shops and got some really fun t-shirts from Del Sol for the kids, if you haven't seen them they're black and white pictures until you go outside and then there in full color . They're really fun. One of the passangers on the ship said "You got sucked into the 20 dollar t-shirts too!!" and we all started craking up because all four of his kids had them on and I had the free bag they gave me. I told him it's all for the bag isn't it. They were a really fun family.

That was one of the best parts about being on the ship. Everyone seems to be on there best behavior and I think it's a " We're all stuck on the same ship - we better be polite, most likely we'll see them again" attitude.

Just before we got back on the ship my mom saw some sandals she wanted to get my brother and on the way we saw these neat little Rum Cakes - my mom said they were famous so I got some for all of our friends. We never did find the Sandals though - ooohhh, we'll have to go back .

Once we got back on the ship we went to get the kids and spend some time with them before we went to Dinner at Palo's. They had there chef hat's on and chef certificates for making chocolate chip cookies, so they're now cookie chef's just so you know.

We took them to eat and all they wanted to do was go back to the club. We went to our room to relax and change and then off to dinner and off to the club for the boys.

Dinner at Palo's was incredible "we were in awe" The service was like none other. The food was american italian and everything was impeccable. Then there was dessert - I ordered the chocolate souffle before we ate, which I learned here. It was so amazing and I'm not that into souffle's. They bring it to you all puffed up and then they poke a hole in it and you think to yourself " Well that was rude it WAS pretty" then they pour in the warm vanilla sauce, then they pour in the warm chocolate sauce. It was by far the best dessert I have ever had. I also learned I really like a wine called Ten Year Tawny, I'm not much of a wine drinker but I thought that was really good after the souffle'.

I learned at dinner that night that my MIL & FIL were so impressed with this cruise & my FIL is not one to like kids much, but he said they made the ship feel alive and upbeat, I was amazed to hear that coming from him. He loved the adult spaces, he loved the service, and they said the stateroom was hee-yooge (huge) compared to other cruise lines and the veranda was spectacular. They are already looking into booking there next cruise with Disney.I have to say once you do this cruise, you just can't imagine another vacation living up to this and we're only on day two. My mom was also feeling this way well before we left the ship.

For anyone out there who was wondering, yes you can feel the ship move, I really enjoyed the feeling but I did see a few folks with patches just behind the ear that they got in the little Dr's office on board. No one in our party ever felt sick but you definitly feel movement when the boat is at a decent speed. Also when we had dinner with our servers they warned us about The Animator's Palate saying that you really feel the movement in that part of the ship because we would be going by the opening of the Gulf of Mexico. We did feel it but again for us it was fun.

When we picked up the kids that evening, Jones (6) was ready to go but Jack(7) just met a new friend so we let him stay a bit longer. I knew Jones was hungry and that's why he wanted to go as he hadn't eaten much that day, I think the time change is still effecting him. So we went back to the stateroom and ordered room service for him. I told the room service people on the phone he was picky, so they said well what does he like, we ended up with steak, fries, corn, cookies, apple juice and the all important A-1 sauce, again they were wonderful. When they brought it in my son was in awe when the man took the top off of the plate. My son said you brought my favorite food THANK YOU. They had his steak already cut up, and the plate looked so inviting. My son must have thanked him 5 or so times before he left, the personal attention was amazing and to top it off he asked if he could bring us our evening coffee before he left. Now keep in mind there's no charge for anything in room service other than alchohol.

My Dh then left to get our big boy out of the club. Chololate chip cookies & milk & off to bed for them. WE'RE ON VACATION. The other thing that was really fun, there are two channels of the TV and they both play top notch Disney movies all day and night. They watched Alladin while falling asleep.
    Coffee and veranda under the stars for us another beautiful evening.

Tommorrow - Castaway Cay
    Polynesian & DCL - 1st trip Jan 3rd '08 șOș
    Many Trips to Disneyland Resort șOș

Even if you're on the right track - you'll get run over if you just sit there!!
    - Will Rogers

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, at least there's shopping hope for Nassau! Last time I went, I wasn't impressed AT ALL. I may have to visit just for the bags!!! You will have to tell me where to get them. Did you get bombarded with people wanting to braid your hair and give you a cab ride? I remember that from 6 years ago!

I am so excited to hear what you think of CC! It truly is your definition of an Island Paradise! That's why we're hittin' one of the special Double Dips this summer!

I enjoyed your trip report!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Natomas, California = 2908 miles from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDudet View Post
    Well, at least there's shopping hope for Nassau! Last time I went, I wasn't impressed AT ALL. I may have to visit just for the bags!!! You will have to tell me where to get them. Did you get bombarded with people wanting to braid your hair and give you a cab ride? I remember that from 6 years ago!

I am so excited to hear what you think of CC! It truly is your definition of an Island Paradise! That's why we're hittin' one of the special Double Dips this summer!

I enjoyed your trip report!
    Hey there Disney Dudet,

As soon as you go thru that building to get to the street go right all the way to the end of the road it's on the left just before the Senior frogs restaurant. It looks like a cheap flea market at first but then you'll notice all the bags. I would've walked right by if it wasn't for my mom, she'd been there before. And it actually goes all the way thru to the next street. We also noticed when we got back on the ship you could see the bizarre from our veranda.
    Hope that helps make your time there better. I agree too if it wasn't for that I would've stayed on the ship.

FYI - Every time someone asked us about the hair braiding, my husband would run right up to them and say "Oh would you" - He's bald - It was great. Only got asked twice about a cab when we got there and when we left, by the same man no less.
    Polynesian & DCL - 1st trip Jan 3rd '08 șOș
    Many Trips to Disneyland Resort șOș

Even if you're on the right track - you'll get run over if you just sit there!!
    - Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

I am writing those directions down! I so want the new Coach bag (the Madeline) but I'm being a good girl and putting our Disney trips first. This may be a way to have my cake and eat it too, even if it's with a knock off.

Thanks for sharing your day! How cool that you were able to order exactly what your son wanted for dinner AND that they even cut his meat for him. We loved room service and are both looking forward to being indulged again. Also glad to hear that your DSs enjoyed the club.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Haha thanks! I will have to save that information! We're not too sure if we're getting off the ship at Nassau, as we love the ships so much. We may, but it would be for maybe 2 hours.

Whats funny is, there was no building to go through when I was there 6 years ago! It was just get off the ship and walk down the dock! Wow, so much as changed, and I'm sure hurricanes weren't a cause of that!

I'm glad you had such a good time! Palo's is just the best, isn't it?
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    I am writing those directions down! I so want the new Coach bag (the Madeline) but I'm being a good girl and putting our Disney trips first. This may be a way to have my cake and eat it too, even if it's with a knock off.

Thanks for sharing your day! How cool that you were able to order exactly what your son wanted for dinner AND that they even cut his meat for him. We loved room service and are both looking forward to being indulged again. Also glad to hear that your DSs enjoyed the club.
    Ellen, I have to say I wasn't a good girl. I bought the Large Carly in the Chocolate. Ouch. And a wristlet as a wallet the other day. I just can't stop! Its an addiction!

This has me researching Nassau now! And I was all planning on not getting of the ship!

Post Thanks / Like

What an awesome day. I am so looking forward to taking this cruise someday....hopfeully sooner than later. Thanks so much for taking us along with you. I'm glad your boys are having such a great time.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

pogo Guest

Aaaaaaaahhhhh.....

DCL is the best vacation you can possibly take.

We loved the dinner at Palo and your description brought back so many memories.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, what an amazing day (and night). I can't get over the service levels you've experienced - both with the boys and yourselves. DS (almost 10) is really pushing to get himself on the DCL - and I'm thinking I agree with him. Thank you so much for sharing!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I am just glad there was no VOODOO on YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

What a great day it sounds like the boys were on the whole time. When I went 20 years ago I swear I never saw my parent half the time.
    Cassi
    1987 on site and Disney cruise
    1995 off site
    January 2006 Pop
    Feb. 2008 Bonnet Creek
    Sept.28- Oct.4 2008 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    January 2009 Bonnet Creek
    Sept 28 - Oct. 4 2009 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    Jan. 9-Jan. 14 2011 POFQ
    Coming Soon! Feb. 12-19 2012 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adoptionislove View Post
    I am just glad there was no VOODOO on YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahaha! Made me smile.
    laughingplace<3
    Juliet S.

Por favor mantengase alejandro de las puertas.

Last Trip: Pop Century August 2007
    Next Trip: Pop Century August 2009 (with best friend!)
    VMK- PrincessJuliet

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Thanks so much for the reports..... only 118 days bafore our first Disney Cruise......

Were the cookies warm at night????

I think I just might have to call for those every night with that Milk....... Oh for me though....

BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: