Quantcast Family Vacation - Jan. 2-12 - DAY FOUR

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Family Vacation - Jan. 2-12 - DAY FOUR

People on trip:
    Me - 41
    DH - 42
    Son - 6

Dates:
    January 2 - January 12, 2008

Accomodations:
    Villas at The Wilderness Lodge, Room 1504
    1 bedroom villa
    **favorite part of the villa - WASHER AND DRYER!!!!!!! (yep, I'm a dork)

Dining Plan:
    2008 Deluxe Dining Plan
    $1,599.00 approx.

Travel:
    South West (3 people - $420.00 for round trip)
    Magical Express

Misc:
    - DVC owners
    - AP holders

This is my first trip report. I know some people like details (which ride they go on at a specific time of day), and others like general observations (atmosphere, weather, lines, food reports, etc). I'll be doing a little of both.

Day Four - January 5th, Saturday

Ahhhhhhh......Epcot day. I loooovee Epcot Day. he he. It seems more relaxing to go to this park than Magic Kingdom. Not sure why...but it's nice.

We slept in ....again. The weather was sooooooo much better today. Just a tad chilly, but other than that...BEAUTIFUL. We got up and got ready and I did some more laundry. Can I just PLEASE...again...let everyone know how much I LOVE having a washer/dryer in the room?

We didn't have to wait for the bus. Again, we waited maybe 2 minutes.

We got off the bus and saw the crowds. LORD....this is going to be another busy day. But we had to just tell ourselves that there was only 2 more days until the 'season' was over, and after that the crowds would be gone.

My husband went and got FP for Soarin' while we waited.

We had an ADR for 12:05noon at Biergarten. I was looking forward to this because I'd never been there before. We got a front row seat with another family. I tried to talk to the parents, but they completely ignored me. I mean COMPLETELY ignored me. It kinda made things awkward. They had 3 children who were very well behaved. I think they were from England because they called their mother Mum, and when they liked something, they called it 'brilliant'.

The food was a lot better than I thought it would be. I'd go here again. It was buffet and we watched the show while we ate. They had some kind of cole slaw that was WONDERFUL. And some kind of chili that was good too. The pork was awesome!!! I didn't have any dessert though ---- nothing looked good to me on the buffet. I had ice tea to drink and it was sooooo good. In fact, I had ice tea at almost every place I ate in the 10 days we were here. But it was unsweetened. I added sweetener and it was sooooo good.

The waitress messed up on our ticket. No surprise, ...it's happened at every dinner so far because of the new Deluxe Disney dining plan...AND because of the way they 'bill' you for the tip. She accidentally charged us for some alcohol from another table and then messed up on the tip we gave her. She only gave herself 51 cents and told us not to worry about it since she had messed up so bad on the ticket.

After lunch, we walked around the world just a little, and then headed back over to Future World....where, we found the crowds to be unbelievable. We rode Soarin and MS, and then nothing else. The lines were just too much. We went into Innoventions and had a blast. I think it was West. SE was open but the line was all the way down the side (in up/down rows) of the building. We went back to the World and walked around and just relaxed. Then, it was time to eat dinner at 6:20pm. We were barely hungry since the two dinners were soooo close in time together. But, it was at LE CELLIER so we just HAD to make room.

We didn't have a wait. The restaurant was LOUD. We ordered our drinks and the waiter spilled my drink on me. Then, my husband spilled his drink on me and on my coat which was laying next to me. It was hilarious.

The food was good. Steaks for everyone. The food was really good. I had a Sour Apple Freeze that WAS part of the dining plan and it was wonderful. My son drank most of it. he he

Then, we headed back to the resort. The crowds were unbelievable and we just didn't want to deal with the bus rush when the crowd was this big, so we skipped the fireworks for tonight...knowing we'd be back in a few days. We passed SE and it was closed. Bummer.

Got back to the resort, and again, went to the main desk TRYING to fix my card. No luck.

Collapsed in bed.
    WDW is my happy place

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It certainly seems that you were one of the guinea pigs using the new Dining Plan for the first time. I just can't understand why they were not more prepared for the changes at the restaurants. You were a good sport about wearing the drinks at LeCellier!! Thanks for reporting.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard of a man magnet.,but a drink magnet!!! You can't win for losing on this trip, well not with dining anyway!
    Cassi
    1987 on site and Disney cruise
    1995 off site
    January 2006 Pop
    Feb. 2008 Bonnet Creek
    Sept.28- Oct.4 2008 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    January 2009 Bonnet Creek
    Sept 28 - Oct. 4 2009 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    Jan. 9-Jan. 14 2011 POFQ
    Coming Soon! Feb. 12-19 2012 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing. Sorry about the shower you got. But at least you were able to laugh about it. I can't imagine why they keep messing up your bill. How hard is it to work the system and print the proper bill and make the dining credits do their thing?!?
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I can;t wait to try Le Cellier on Thursday... looking forward to reading the rest of your reports
    1988,97,98*,99, 2000,01*,02*,04*,05*,07,08*,09,11,12*,13*'14*,15&, 16*,17(*=2x that year &=3x) on site WDW
    Next trip to WDW: Planning October 2017 and beyond! I love my AP!
    1991 DL 1993 DL Paris
    "If we can dream it, we can do it"
    "The harder I work, the luckier I get"

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day, but how disappointing that your card still isn't working correctly! I hope they correct the problem soon!
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Even if your dining card didn't work correctly, you had lots of yummy food to eat on this day!

However, I believe, drinks are supposed to go on the inside of the person - not be worn on the outside!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Wow I keep reading hoping it's going to get better and so far it hasn't. I know never want to go that week in jan now. I hope it gets better.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a nice day at epcot..except for those crowds i still cant get over..lol...your eating today seemed all very good..i have yet to go to either of those restuarants..but hope to make it there soon!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: