Quantcast Special Ornaments at WDW?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Special Ornaments at WDW?

We're going to WDW in a few weeks and I want to buy a very special ornament there at the Christmas shop to commemorate the trip. Do they carry ornaments that are "WDW exclusives"/can only buy there? We've gotten some of the Hallmark Disney ones at home (just got the musical Pirates one this year). I just don't want to come home with something and then find it locally. One trip to WDW we found a beautiful china ball with Hidden Mickey piercings that holds potpourri and has a Mickey dangle with the date...it wasn't cheap, but it's very special to us. I know many of you were there over the Holidays recently and might have gotten something cool. What have you found/where?
    WDW:
    '71 Off Site
    '78 Fort Wilderness Campground
    '85 Off Site
    '92 Carribean Beach R.
    '97 All Star Sports
    '99 All Star Sports
    '02 Port Orleans Riverside
    '05 POP Century
    '08 POFQ

DLP:
    '08 Paris Apartment

WDW:
    '12 POP, Hilton BC, POP

Currently in Disney Withdrawl...sniff

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ornaments

This is our favorite Disney souvenier tradition...followed by the mugs with the year on it...each family member picks out a special ornament on each trip for our yearly Christmas tree....this year 2008 we will be in WDW for Christmas and already have plans to take a small tree to decorate....I have tinkerbell with her wand, Mickey Mouse in the Sorcerer's hat, Ballerina Minnie......

Post Thanks / Like

I think most of the ornaments they sell there are Disney exclusive. I have never seen them at any other place except Walt Disney World.
    șoș Matt | DisFan01 șoș

"Playful spooks have interrupted our tour..."

Post Thanks / Like

They have a lot you will be happy with.
    Consider one of the "Big" Mickey Head ornaments that they will personalize for you at the Christmas Store in Downtown Disney while there. We had one done for my wife's Birtday (which is on Christmas Day) one year. It is now one of our favorite ornaments.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I have a whole tree dedicated to disney ornaments. I have a few Hallmark over the years
    (my other tree is Hallmark) but I love the dated ornaments. There is a collector's set that changes every year. I usually get the one that's a miniature plate ornament and I like to get one from the MVMCP that is dated. I started collecting them shortly before EPCOT opened but one of my favs is Figment's first Christmas.
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Default Christmas shop-

At the Christmas shop- there are tons of cool ornaments- you will find alot of excusives-

Also at different resorts you can find some-
    we have a WL x-mas ornament and also a BC-

HINT- its best to ship them home- they may break packing them- I had some sent home last year, and they came home perfect.
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Your best bet is at Downtown Disney because they have the Christmas store and World of Disney! I agree with shipping it home. I came back from Colorado last month and I had a Starbucks mug in my carry-on and it still managed to break (Wrapped carefully and in my hands the whole time!)

Post Thanks / Like

They have a lot you will be happy with.
    Consider one of the "Big" Mickey Head ornaments that they will personalize for you at the Christmas Store in Downtown Disney while there. We had one done for my wife's Birtday (which is on Christmas Day) one year. It is now one of our favorite ornaments.
    Gotta go with Jeff here. It has become tradition for us to choose a large Mickey Head ornament early in our vacation and let the Disney artisans at the Xmas Store create some family magic for us. Every year, that is the most important souvenir we purchase.

Note that you do need up to a week for them to complete if you don't want to have them ship it home for you . . . it truly is a fabulous keepsake, and we display each year's ornament in our curio cabinet year-round (when not on the tree) for all to see.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I live in NY so I see alot of the so called "Disney World Exclusives" at the World of Disney store there. But the ones I can truly say are exclusive only to Disney World are the resort ones and the plate ones. All the others are also sold in any World of Disney stores. I found this out the hard way. For my families first vacation I over did it with the ornaments only to visit our store in Manhattan and see almost all of them there. But to be fair the merchandise in the store does come from Fl.. However, getting back on topic unless you have a WOD store by you, you shouldn't see the ornaments anywhere else.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the hardest store for me to control myself in! I want all of the ornaments. I usually let the kids pick one and buy one or two as gifts, but my absolute all-time favorites are the mickey heads. I'd love to completely cover my tree with them.

But the last time we were there (Oct 06), the personalization was very backed up and we couldn't get it. If oyu want something personalized (and they do a beautiful job), make sure you do it early in your trip so there's time.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which Shop?

Is this at the Christmas shop at DDT or Mk that has the special ornament?
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

If you are talking about the one i'm thinking of in DTD i know what you mean there is just so many how do you pick just one or even two there is so many really nice ones i would need a tree like the one in NY you the one in rockerfeller center the giant one they put up boy would that be hard to get in my house though hahaha
    1085.35 miles from Fort Wilderness
    92-Port
    93-Poly
    99-Fort
    00-Fort
    01-Fort
    02-Fort
    03-Fort
    04-Fort
    05-Fort
    06-Fort
    07-Fort
    oct. 08-Fort

Post Thanks / Like

We try to buy one for every year...They are great...Usually have alot of characters on them...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: