Quantcast Actor Brad Renfro dead at 25

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Actor Brad Renfro dead at 25

So sad! Drugs are bad kids!
    LOS ANGELES - Actor Brad Renfro is dead, the Los Angeles County Coroner confirmed to “Access Hollywood.”

According to the coroner’s office, a Brad Barron Renfro, with the same date of birth as the actor, died today. They have no cause of death yet; the investigation is pending.

His body was found in his Los Angeles home early Tuesday, his lawyer Richard Kaplan said.

Renfro was 25 years old.

Renfro got his first big break when he was discovered by director Joel Schumacher, who cast the then 10-year-old in “The Client.” The breakout 1994 role pitted the young actor on screen with Susan Sarandon and Tommy Lee Jones.

He quickly graduated to teen movies like 1995’s “Tom and Huck,” opposite Jonathan Taylor Thomas before moving on to indie dramas including 2001’s “Ghost World” opposite Scarlett Johansson, Thora Birch and Steve Buscemi.

The actor recently finished filming “The Informers” with Winona Ryder and Billy Bob Thornton, according to celebrity Web site TMZ.com.

Renfro had been in frequent trouble with the law in recent years, including a December 2005 arrest in a heroin sting roundup on L.A.’s skid row. Renfro was charged with a felony count of attempting to possess heroin and driving while intoxicated, for which he served 10 days in jail in May 2006.

Sources told TMZ that the actor had been working hard to stay clean, especially since this summer.

The Associated Press, Access Hollywood and TMZ.com contributed to this report.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

aww that's sad... I love Tom and Huck.
    Day trips:
    WAAAAAY too many to count...

AKL Mar 7-9 One Year Anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

While it's sad someone has died these so called stars are out of control. They are think they are above the law. They do drugs, cheat on their taxes, make millions and still claim bankruptcy, drive drunk, do hit and runs and still reward themselves with the endless award shows and their excess life styles. I am sick of seeing them 24/7 on TV. Sorry to be so mean but come on so many people die each day of causes they have no control over and these pampered stars throw their lives away sometimes putting others at risk. This shouldn't even be in the news
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    While it's sad someone has died these so called stars are out of control. They are think they are above the law. They do drugs, cheat on their taxes, make millions and still claim bankruptcy, drive drunk, do hit and runs and still reward themselves with the endless award shows and their excess life styles. I am sick of seeing them 24/7 on TV. Sorry to be so mean but come on so many people die each day of causes they have no control over and these pampered stars throw their lives away sometimes putting others at risk. This shouldn't even be in the news
    I disagree. I don't think it's always a case of thinking they're "above the law". I remember (barely) what it was like to be a preteen/teenager. Pressures are horrible and opportunities to make wrong choices are all around. And that was in the small town I'm from. These Hollywood kids are exposed to so much more than we can ever imagine at a time when they're supposed to be being kids. Their brains just can't handle it. Famous or not, they're still kids. So by the time they are adults, they've gone down so many wrong paths they can't find their way back. I certainly don't condone drunk driving, cheating, etc., but no one deserves to lose their life at such a young age. My heart goes out to his family.
    [I]Hello. We are the Bradshaws. And We are Disneyholics.

September 2000- Music
    June 2004- Pop
    June 2006- Movies
    February 2008- Offsite (Won't Do That Again!)
    May 2009- First Ever Disney Camping Trip!
    June 2011- Pop
    Feb 2012- Sports
    Dec 2012- Movies
    May 2014- Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bshaw96 View Post
    I certainly don't condone drunk driving, cheating, etc., but no one deserves to lose their life at such a young age. My heart goes out to his family.
    I totally agree. Every time we hear these things it just continues to serve as a warning to everyone else. I think it's newsworthy.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

This breaks my heart. I personally knew River Phoenix (he was in 6th grade with my brother while he was in the tv version of seven brides for seven brothers, my baby brother went to school with his baby sister Liberty) and for those of you who have never met Hollywood parents, you simply cannot imagine how these kids are brought up and the mindset that is trained into them at a young age. When River died, it broke my heart, and I am glad that Joaquin seems to be doing so well. I am very saddened that this young man could not find his way.

I cannot and will not judge someone whose childhood was so twisted, you just cannot imagine, you just can't. From what little, eensie bit that I saw of the family that I was around -- I mean, there was like zero stability. They moved wherever River was working, hauled the whole family from here to there and it was the strangest dynamic you could possibly imagine. I don't know. I can't cast stones at this guy, my heart just aches for the waste of life.

I think this stuff should be in the news, maybe parents would think twice before choosing this life for their child -- and yes, the life is chosen by the parents, the child is not the one who chooses, no matter how bad they might want it or how talented they are.
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

It's sad whenever someone young dies. I feel bad for his family too.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

This is awful sad. I loved Tom & Huck and The Client. From these two movies he was one of my favorites actors as a child. It is a shame that so many of their lives end up in disarray. Maybe Brad's death will force others to think about what they are doing to themselves.
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

I was shocked when I saw that headline on Yahoo last night, especially since he had been out of the news for a while. Brad was one of my teen heart throbs in middle school. It's so sad.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

This makes me sad. Drugs grabbed ahold of him so young, I don't know that he ever had a chance at a happy life. Poor kid.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

This was a shock to me... Honestly, I only heard of him because of the movie Bully, which is one of my favorite independent films.... I didn't realize he was in Deuces Wild.... 25 is too young... But, this is what happens when you poison your body with drugs... This is very sad...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

Sad, but it's not new. Remember Bobby Driscoll (voice of Peter Pan, Treasure Island)? Dead in his 20s from drugs. The kids from Different Strokes? The list goes on. Unfortunately, very rarely do these child stars get the help they need.
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    I was shocked when I saw that headline on Yahoo last night, especially since he had been out of the news for a while. Brad was one of my teen heart throbs in middle school. It's so sad.
    He too was one of my teen heart throbs. I actually found out about this today when I was looking at some news on Heath Ledger form a local radio station's website. They had a list of 11 actors/celebrities that overdosed. Also, Casey Calvert, from Hawthorne Heights died back in November from a drug overdose. He was only 26.

As much as I love Britney's music and how Britney was 10 years ago, I really think that she'd be the next celeb to go. Sad to say, but she's totally out of control.
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what is going on with Hollywood!? I'm 24, so this hits me so close! These boys (Brad and Heath) were my heartthrobs when I was younger (Heath was still).

They are dying so early! So very sad.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

The toxicology results are in and actor Brad Renfro's death is being ruled an overdose as a result of "acute heroin/morphine intoxication," and the drugs were injected, according to the coroner's office. The death was ruled an accident.

Too sad.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: