Quantcast American Idol: Season 7 - Page 22

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    I don't think he would've ever really chosen that for himself, but then again like I said 1990 was rough.
    I'm almost certain I could find a better song from 1990 than this one.

Especially considering that I'd bet 90% of the people watching have never heard it before.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I really do think it became fairly evident last night that his dad is selecting his songs. I don't think he would've ever really chosen that for himself, but then again like I said 1990 was rough.
    He may have chosen it with his dad. I get the feeling that the kid has been kind of isolated from pop culture and the world, immersed in his dad's dreams of success. It would be good for him to branch out. He's only a year older than my son (wow, that makes me feel old).

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

Especially considering that I'd bet 90% of the people watching have never heard it before.
    I'm fairly certain anyone could. I don't think I'd ever heard that song. I looked it up and Faith No More's Epic as well as MC Hammer's U Can't Touch This were on the charts that year. Either one would have been a creative and original choice for David A, no?

I'm going to have to acknowledge that Cook will probably win it. I'm going to stop fighting it and just accept that the guy is a crowd-pleaser and has the best shot at a recording career. I don't have to like him or buy his records, but he's making fans and doing consistently better than most of them up there and I guess that's the point. So there you go, Ian. You're right on this one.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

This is true, I mean it wasn't even in the top 100, which I figured I'd post... not much for him or anyone in here, I guess maybe some Billy Joel? There are only about 6 or 7 songs (if that) out of this entire list that have actually stood the test of time

1990 Top 100 Songs
    1. Hold On, Wilson Phillips
    2. It Must Have Been Love, Roxette
    3. Nothing Compares 2 U, Sinead O'Connor
    4. Poison, Bell Biv Devoe
    5. Vogue, Madonna
    6. Vision Of Love, Mariah Carey
    7. Another Day In Paradise, Phil Collins
    8. Hold On, En Vogue
    9. Cradle Of Love, Billy Idol
    10. Blaze Of Glory, Jon Bon Jovi
    11. Do Me!, Bell Biv Devoe
    12. How Am I Supposed To Live Without You, Michael Bolton
    13. Pump Up The Jam, Technotronic
    14. Opposites Attract, Paula Abdul
    15. Escapade, Janet Jackson
    16. All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You, Heart
    17. Close To You, Maxi Priest
    18. Black Velvet, Alannah Myles
    19. Release Me, Wilson Phillips
    20. Don't Know Much, Linda Ronstadt and Aaron Neville
    21. All Around The World, Lisa Stansfield
    22. l Wanna Be Rich, Calloway
    23. I Remember You, Skid Row
    24. Rub You The Right Way, Johnny Gill
    25. She Ain't Worth It, Glenn Medeiros Featuring Bobby Brown
    26. If Wishes Came True, Sweet Sensation
    27. The Power, Snap
    28. (Can't Live Without Your) Love and Affection, Nelson
    29. Love Will Lead You Back, Taylor Dayne
    30. Don't Wanna Fall In Love, Jane Child
    31. Two To Make It Right, Seduction
    32. Sending All My Love, Linear
    33. Unskinny Bop, Poison
    34. Step By Step, New Kids On The Block
    35. Dangerous, Roxette
    36. We Didn't Start The Fire, Billy Joel
    37. I Don't Have The Heart, James Ingram
    38. Downtown Train, Rod Stewart
    39. Rhythm Nation, Janet Jackson
    40. I'll Be Your Everything, Tommy Page
    41. Roam, B-52's
    42. Everything, Jody Watley
    43. Back To Life, Soul II Soul
    44. Here and Now, Luther Vandross
    45. Alright, Janet Jackson
    46. Ice Ice Baby, Vanilla Ice
    47. Blame It On The Rain, Milli Vanilli
    48. Have You Seen Her, M.C. Hammer
    49. With Every Beat Of My Heart, Taylor Dayne
    50. Come Back To Me, Janet Jackson
    51. No More Lies, Michel'le
    52. Praying For Time, George Michael
    53. How Can We Be Lovers, Michael Bolton
    54. Do You Remember, Phil Collins
    55. Ready Or Not, After 7
    56. U Can't Touch This, M.C. Hammer
    57. I Wish It Would Rain Down, Phil Collins
    58. Just Between You and Me, Lou Gramm
    59. Something Happened On The Way To Heaven, Phil Collins
    60. Black Cat, Janet Jackson
    61. Can't Stop, After 7
    62. Janie's Got A Gun, Aerosmith
    63. The Humpty Dance, Digital Underground
    64. I'll Be Your Shelter, Taylor Dayne
    65. Free Fallin', Tom Petty
    66. Giving You The Benefit, Pebbles
    67. Enjoy The Silence, Depeche Mode
    68. Love Song, Tesla
    69. Price Of Love, Bad English
    70. Girls Nite Out, Tyler Collins
    71. King Of Wishful Thinking, Go West
    72. What Kind Of Man Would I Be?, Chicago
    73. Get Up! (Before The Night Is Over), Technotroic
    74. Here We Are, Gloria Estefan
    75. Epic, Faith No More
    76. Love Takes Time, Mariah Carey
    77. Just Like Jesse James, Cher
    78. Love Shack, B-52's
    79. All Or Nothing, Milli Vanilli
    80. Romeo, Dino
    81. Everybody Everybody, Black Box
    82. I Go To Extremes, Billy Joel
    83. Whip Appeal, Babyface
    84. Oh Girl, Paul Young
    85. C'mon and Get My Love, D-Mob With Cathy Dennis
    85. (It's Just) The Way That You Love Me, Paula Abdul
    87. We Can't Go Wrong, Cover Girls
    88. When I'm Back On My Feet Again, Michael Bolton
    89. Make You Sweat, Keith Sweat
    90. This One's For The Children, New Kids On The Block
    91. What It Takes, Aerosmith
    92. Forever, Kiss
    93. Jerk Out, Time
    94. Just A Friend, Biz Markie
    95. Whole Wide World, A'me Lorain
    96. Without You, Motley Crue
    97. Swing The Mood, Jive Bunny and The Mastermixers
    98. Thieves In The Temple, Prince
    99. Mentirosa, Mellow Man Ace
    100. Tic-Tac-Toe, Kyper
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I'm fairly certain anyone could. I don't think I'd ever heard that song. I looked it up and Faith No More's Epic as well as MC Hammer's U Can't Touch This were on the charts that year. Either one would have been a creative and original choice for David A, no?
    Oh gosh, if you want me to finally turn against him then let him do a Faith No More song... I'm a fan of basically every project Mike Patton has done and I think he's one of the most underrated musicians ever.

You know what...Chikezie missed a great opportunity as well. His birthyear (the same as mine actually) gave us the classic "Party All The Time" by Eddie Murphy!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Here are the tunes I think he could have picked ... any one of these would have let him show off another side of himself that would go beyond this "Aging Adult Contemporary" corner he seems to have allowed himself to be painted into ...

Blaze Of Glory, Jon Bon Jovi
    I Remember You, Skid Row
    Unskinny Bop, Poison
    Dangerous, Roxette
    We Didn't Start The Fire, Billy Joel
    Roam, B-52's
    U Can't Touch This, M.C. Hammer
    I Wish It Would Rain Down, Phil Collins
    Just Between You and Me, Lou Gramm
    Janie's Got A Gun, Aerosmith
    Free Fallin', Tom Petty
    Enjoy The Silence, Depeche Mode
    Love Shack, B-52's
    I Go To Extremes, Billy Joel

Maryann, I love Faith No More too (even saw them in concert once as the opening act for Billy Idol ... I went to see Faith ), but the problem is with them is that Epic really isn't a singer's song. It wouldn't be a good vehicle for him since it's really more rapped than it is sung.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

The second half of last nights show could rank up there with some of the best AI's ever.

David C. was awesome. Just like when he did Hello I rewound just to watch again (Billie Jean & Hello are my favorite two performances this year). I'm not sure if he has what it takes to win AI but he will be a star.

Michael Johns recovered after a few slow weeks. If he can keep the performances up like that he is a top candidate.

Brooke was awesome the first half of the song, the 2nd half was just OK. I didn't mind her restarting.

David A. had good vocals but the song was awful. Everything I read is that his dad is way over bearing and I believe he picked this song. Did anyone else notice one of the judges (I think it was Simon) made a comment on who picked this song? I believe it was a jab at dad.

I like Kristy's choice and performance. Hopefully she'll be around again next week with this choice.

Jason C. was average.

I thought Carly was barely average in the beginning and the ending of her song was horrible. She is on the verge of going home.

Syesha's style doesn't connect with me, I didn't like it at all and would put her in the bottom three with Chikeze & Remielle and just ahead of Carly.

Going home - hopefully Remielle.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Maryann, I love Faith No More too (even saw them in concert once as the opening act for Billy Idol ... I went to see Faith ), but the problem is with them is that Epic really isn't a singer's song. It wouldn't be a good vehicle for him since it's really more rapped than it is sung.
    Err... I said I'd turn against him if he attempted Faith No More... I totally agree.

As for the ones you listed... I can really only see him doing the Billy Joel songs, and possibly Free Fallin...MAYBE I Remember You but Bach has got some killer vocals and I think Archuletta just has a completely different voice. Same with Janie's Got A Gun, he doesn't have the quality to his voice that would enable him to successfully execute those songs. I'm not familiar with all of the ones you listed but some would just be wrong. I can't imagine him coming out singing Love Shack.. the judges would ridicule him. And U Can't Touch This? Last time I checked that was pretty much a rap too.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Ramiele - YIKES. That was horrid. Carly and Carrie did it better. She can't hit the notes. She screams. It's horrible.

Jason - Happy Birthday. My brother had that exact guitar when he was little...haha. I like Jason but I feel like he always does the same coffee house kind of thing. Which is fine for me. But I feel like people are going to get bored with him.

Syesha - I used to like her. But she's kind of boring now. Great vocals. But just boring. And I don't know the song she sang.

Chikeze - I don't know this song. I'm bored with him. He should be singing on a cruise ship.

Brooke - Ooops. False start. But she recovered and did a nice job. She's still not my favorite though.

Michael Johns - I'm really just not a fan of this song. I think because I've heard it way too many times. I don't care for the way he holds the mic stand and mic (with two hands.) I don't know why...but it drives me nuts. His voice is good. I just prefer not to look at him while he's singing....haha. Best performance of the night so far.

Carly - I LOVE this song. She did alright. I was expecting a bit more though. I still like her.

David A. - His speaking voice annoys me. In the beginning he was one of my favorites but he's really slipping. His performance was cheesy. Up with people-ish. Not my kinda thing.

Kristy Lee Cook - Speaking of cheesy...this song is ultimate CHEESE! It should be left to fireworks shows and stuff like that. I know it's 'American' Idol...but UGH. She'll get a lot of votes for it...which is the worst part of all

David Cook - As many predicted, he did the Chris Cornell version. Good choice. I cannot picture him doing the original. That would be very weird. I enjoyed it. It will be going on my mp3 player just like his version of "Hello." My crush continues to grow! He's just super talented!

Best Tonight = David Cook, Michael, Carly, Syesha
    Okay Tonight = Brooke, Jason, David A, Chikezie
    Worst Tonight = Kristy Lee, Ramiele

Who I WANT to see go home = Ramiele (with Kristy Lee and Chikezie in the bottom with her)
    Who I think will go home = Ramiele or Syesha with Brooke in the bottom with them.

Okay...I'm off to catch up on the thread now and see what everyone else thought.
    June 1987 Offsite WDW
    June 1991 Offsite WDW
    June 1995 All Star Sports
    June 2004 First Disneyland trip
    2005 - 2007 Disneyland AP Holder - visited at least once a week
    August 2007 Anaheim Plaza
    November 2007 Anaheim Plaza
    January 2008 Port Orleans Riverside
    January 2009 Anaheim Plaza

Post Thanks / Like

Ramiele Malubay - Holy terrible, Batman. Actually, she's officially crossed the line from terrible into horrendous. Buh-bye!

Jason Castro — I happen to love this song, and I've liked Jason up to this point so I had high hopes. Much like Brooke when she sang Here Comes the Sun, it never quite got there for me. I totally agreed with Simon that there was something mailed in feeling about the performance ... very lazy.

Syesha Mercado — I guess she has good pipe, but I'm just so not a fan of this genre that I can't behind her. Also, her mouth bothers me when she sings. It looks possessed. I actually can't decide if I want her or Ramiele to go home more.

Chikezie — Hmmmm ... he lost a lot of his fun and charm this week. He definitely needs to stay away from these male power ballads. It's not his forte. I didn't like it at all.

Brooke White — I loved it. I really liked what she did with the song and I just find that "girl alone with her piano" vibe she puts out very appealing. Great song choice for her and a great performance. More and more I'm thinking she might make the top three.

Michael Johns — Finally, Michael lives up to his potential. I knew he had one like this in him and it came at just the right time for him, because if he laid down another stinker he might have been at risk. Excellent. One of the best of the night.

Carly Smithson — Wow, uh ... hmmmm ... yeah ... she was terrible. She was off-tempo with her lyrics throughout the entire song (very rushed), she came across as almost angry in the way she sang, and her pitch was pretty dismal most of the time. I don't know if she was just not into this song choice (although she claimed to love the song) or what, but ... it's a ballad honey! Show some tenderness! And yikes with those arms again. Someone in wardrobe really needs to encourage her to cover those things up.

David Archuleta — Okay ... I'm going to beat the Christmas rush and start hating him now. I thought this was just awful. Terrible song choice, the performance was sappy and weak, and I didn't think his vocal was good enough if he was going to try and pull off the whole "Look how sensitive and Michael Bolton-ish I am!!" thing again. He's got to break out of this wimp mold he's in and show me something else, otherwise he can't go home fast enough for me. I actually left the room towards the end because he was annoying me so much.

Oh, and Maryann ... Nirvana may not have been on anyone's radar in 1990, but their first album (Bleach) was actually released in 1989, although I'm not sure if they had any singles out from that in '90.

Kristy Lee Cook — This is the performance I've been waiting for from her. Excellent. I loved it. Great song choice, too. The vocal wasn't perfect, but it was good enough for her to give off a nice Carrie Underwood vibe. I think she definitely has a country career ahead of her and I think some people will be surprised by how well she does.

David Cook — WOW!!!!!!

This was the best American Idol performance I've ever seen. This guy has "IT" and is going to be a big, big star. Fantastic. I watched it twice in a row I liked it so much. I'm very familiar with the Cornell version, but this was actually better. And I love Soundgarden and Chris Cornell. Amazing. I think, if you watched the videos of both Davids' performances side-by-side, David A. would come off looking ridiculous compared to Cook.

Top 3 for me are David Cook, Michael Johns, and Brooke.

Bottom 3 ... Syesha, Ramiele, and Carly. Syesha will probably go home ... and I'm okay with that!
    If you want to hear a super angry version of "total eclipse of th heart"...check out nikki from season 1. YIKES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCiIoiZmmxo
    June 1987 Offsite WDW
    June 1991 Offsite WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Hey, I was close anyway. And I was kidding. Though, actually, I still think it would have been interesting. Maybe if they do a 90s week.

I would love to see David Cook and David Archaluta change roles and get out of their safety zones. Let's see Cook do a big show tune (which he could probably pull off considering his theater background) and Archaluta try some grunge or emo. Mostly, I would like to see the Idols perform contemporary tunes again. All this retro stuff is great, but sometimes seems irrelevant to the careers they could have in the here and now.
    I think one thing that shows David Cook has talent is the fact that he's been able to take all of these older songs and make them seem modern. Kudos to him! And I can't wait to see what he does during Andrew Lloyd Webber week! I hope he (or someone else) sings something from the fabulous rock opera "Jesus Christ Superstar"
    June 1987 Offsite WDW
    June 1991 Offsite WDW

Post Thanks / Like

This is true, I mean it wasn't even in the top 100, which I figured I'd post... not much for him or anyone in here, I guess maybe some Billy Joel? There are only about 6 or 7 songs (if that) out of this entire list that have actually stood the test of time

1990 Top 100 Songs
    1. Hold On, Wilson Phillips
    2. It Must Have Been Love, Roxette
    3. Nothing Compares 2 U, Sinead O'Connor
    4. Poison, Bell Biv Devoe
    5. Vogue, Madonna
    6. Vision Of Love, Mariah Carey
    7. Another Day In Paradise, Phil Collins
    8. Hold On, En Vogue
    9. Cradle Of Love, Billy Idol
    10. Blaze Of Glory, Jon Bon Jovi
    11. Do Me!, Bell Biv Devoe
    12. How Am I Supposed To Live Without You, Michael Bolton
    13. Pump Up The Jam, Technotronic
    14. Opposites Attract, Paula Abdul
    15. Escapade, Janet Jackson
    16. All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You, Heart
    17. Close To You, Maxi Priest
    18. Black Velvet, Alannah Myles
    19. Release Me, Wilson Phillips
    20. Don't Know Much, Linda Ronstadt and Aaron Neville
    21. All Around The World, Lisa Stansfield
    22. l Wanna Be Rich, Calloway
    23. I Remember You, Skid Row
    24. Rub You The Right Way, Johnny Gill
    25. She Ain't Worth It, Glenn Medeiros Featuring Bobby Brown
    26. If Wishes Came True, Sweet Sensation
    27. The Power, Snap
    28. (Can't Live Without Your) Love and Affection, Nelson
    29. Love Will Lead You Back, Taylor Dayne
    30. Don't Wanna Fall In Love, Jane Child
    31. Two To Make It Right, Seduction
    32. Sending All My Love, Linear
    33. Unskinny Bop, Poison
    34. Step By Step, New Kids On The Block
    35. Dangerous, Roxette
    36. We Didn't Start The Fire, Billy Joel
    37. I Don't Have The Heart, James Ingram
    38. Downtown Train, Rod Stewart
    39. Rhythm Nation, Janet Jackson
    40. I'll Be Your Everything, Tommy Page
    41. Roam, B-52's
    42. Everything, Jody Watley
    43. Back To Life, Soul II Soul
    44. Here and Now, Luther Vandross
    45. Alright, Janet Jackson
    46. Ice Ice Baby, Vanilla Ice
    47. Blame It On The Rain, Milli Vanilli
    48. Have You Seen Her, M.C. Hammer
    49. With Every Beat Of My Heart, Taylor Dayne
    50. Come Back To Me, Janet Jackson
    51. No More Lies, Michel'le
    52. Praying For Time, George Michael
    53. How Can We Be Lovers, Michael Bolton
    54. Do You Remember, Phil Collins
    55. Ready Or Not, After 7
    56. U Can't Touch This, M.C. Hammer
    57. I Wish It Would Rain Down, Phil Collins
    58. Just Between You and Me, Lou Gramm
    59. Something Happened On The Way To Heaven, Phil Collins
    60. Black Cat, Janet Jackson
    61. Can't Stop, After 7
    62. Janie's Got A Gun, Aerosmith
    63. The Humpty Dance, Digital Underground
    64. I'll Be Your Shelter, Taylor Dayne
    65. Free Fallin', Tom Petty
    66. Giving You The Benefit, Pebbles
    67. Enjoy The Silence, Depeche Mode
    68. Love Song, Tesla
    69. Price Of Love, Bad English
    70. Girls Nite Out, Tyler Collins
    71. King Of Wishful Thinking, Go West
    72. What Kind Of Man Would I Be?, Chicago
    73. Get Up! (Before The Night Is Over), Technotroic
    74. Here We Are, Gloria Estefan
    75. Epic, Faith No More
    76. Love Takes Time, Mariah Carey
    77. Just Like Jesse James, Cher
    78. Love Shack, B-52's
    79. All Or Nothing, Milli Vanilli
    80. Romeo, Dino
    81. Everybody Everybody, Black Box
    82. I Go To Extremes, Billy Joel
    83. Whip Appeal, Babyface
    84. Oh Girl, Paul Young
    85. C'mon and Get My Love, D-Mob With Cathy Dennis
    85. (It's Just) The Way That You Love Me, Paula Abdul
    87. We Can't Go Wrong, Cover Girls
    88. When I'm Back On My Feet Again, Michael Bolton
    89. Make You Sweat, Keith Sweat
    90. This One's For The Children, New Kids On The Block
    91. What It Takes, Aerosmith
    92. Forever, Kiss
    93. Jerk Out, Time
    94. Just A Friend, Biz Markie
    95. Whole Wide World, A'me Lorain
    96. Without You, Motley Crue
    97. Swing The Mood, Jive Bunny and The Mastermixers
    98. Thieves In The Temple, Prince
    99. Mentirosa, Mellow Man Ace
    100. Tic-Tac-Toe, Kyper

AHH! I love so many of those songs! (Yeah, they are cheesy but I love them!) I was 9 years old in 1990. What a great year!!
    June 1987 Offsite WDW
    June 1991 Offsite WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's all in the song.

This is true, I mean it wasn't even in the top 100, which I figured I'd post... not much for him or anyone in here, I guess maybe some Billy Joel? There are only about 6 or 7 songs (if that) out of this entire list that have actually stood the test of time.
    Let's take a good look at those songs. I've chosen 15 songs that could have knocked them dead.

1. It Must Have Been Love, Roxette
    Great song but I don't think he could have managed those high notes.
    2. Nothing Compares 2 U, Sinead O'Conor
    He could have nailed this one.
    3. Another Day In Paradise, Phil Collins
    He already did this one.
    4. Blaze Of Glory, Jon Bon Jovi
    He'd own the slow parts but I think once the chorus hit he'd fall apart.
    5. How Am I Supposed To Live Without You, Michael Bolton
    Great song but you run the risk of annoying everybody that hates Bolton.
    6. Don't Know Much, Linda Ronstadt and Aaron Neville
    Great song and people would love not having to hear Aaron Neville sing.
    7. I Remember You, Skid Row
    I don't think he has the chops to do this one. Too many words and all the sustained notes are well beyond his abilities.
    8. (Can't Live Without Your) Love and Affection, Nelson
    Too many words. No sustained notes. Definitely a crowd pleaser but he'd butcher it.
    9. Don't Wanna Fall In Love, Jane Child
    He could have done the tall flat top and braids. It would have been rad.
    10. Step By Step, New Kids On The Block
    Guaranteed votes. He's an idiot.
    11. Do You Remember, Phil Collins
    Another great Phil Collins song. Too late now.
    12. Janie's Got A Gun, Aerosmith
    Too big of a song for him. He'd have looked dumb singing it.
    13. Free Fallin', Tom Petty
    Most anybody with a decent range could make this song sound like a million bucks.
    14. Enjoy The Silence, Depeche Mode
    This could have been his sleeper hit.
    15. This One's For The Children, New Kids On The Block
    Another great New Kids song that might as well have been written for him.

As far as I know they have a vast song book to choose from and can do pretty much whatever they want. 1990 was a great year for music. David has been isolated from good music and probably only knows the garbage his parents let him listen to.

Look for this poor kid to fall apart during country week. It's going to be really, really sad.

PS: Faith No More rules! I love Mike Patton and Jim Martin.
    I just made a clever comment on the interwebs!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh! "this one's for the children" would have been perfect for him!! He (his dad?) seems to love cheesy songs with a message...it would have been perfect!
    June 1987 Offsite WDW
    June 1991 Offsite WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Bee View Post
    Oh my gosh! "this one's for the children" would have been perfect for him!! He (his dad?) seems to love cheesy songs with a message...it would have been perfect!
    Yeah he does! This isn't Miss America. Sorry David.

GONE!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think David A. should have performed "Nothing Compares to You". It's a great song written by Prince. He could have really have done something with that song.

Sometimes the advice that the vocal coaches give....isn't good.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

As for the ones you listed... I can really only see him doing the Billy Joel songs, and possibly Free Fallin...MAYBE I Remember You but Bach has got some killer vocals and I think Archuletta just has a completely different voice. Same with Janie's Got A Gun, he doesn't have the quality to his voice that would enable him to successfully execute those songs. I'm not familiar with all of the ones you listed but some would just be wrong. I can't imagine him coming out singing Love Shack.. the judges would ridicule him. And U Can't Touch This? Last time I checked that was pretty much a rap too.
    MARYANNE!!! I was kidding!

You didn't actually think I'd want to hear Archuletta sing Unskinny Bop, did you?? HA HA HA HA HA!! That's actually kinda funny ...
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coaches

Quote Originally Posted by BelleLovesTheBeast View Post
    I think David A. should have performed "Nothing Compares to You". It's a great song written by Prince. He could have really have done something with that song.

Sometimes the advice that the vocal coaches give....isn't good.
    I don't think the coaches have much to do with song choice. I believe they give the "talent" carte blanche over what they pick which would explain Country Cookin's rendition of Eight Days A Week.

Once they pick a song, the vocal coaches step in and try to help them sing as well as they can. I still don't think they help much there either. I don't think any coach would get behind any of those awkward runs that they attempt. I'm pretty sure they just help them find a key to sing it in then go back to their crossword puzzle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quest4fun View Post
    Does anybody honestly believe that David Cook is coming up with his song renditions?

For those that didn't catch it, Chris Cornell is the "musical genius" behind that rendition of Billie Jean. His other songs have been his rendition of covers that other people have done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest4fun View Post
    David Cook is awesome and could definitely upset the Carly show since he's so rock solid.

My gripe is that Simon, Paula, and Randy are calling him a pioneer when he's really not doing any more than the other contestants. He's not putting his own spin on it. He's putting somebody else's spin on it.

That's all I'm saying.
    Yes! Exactly! The problem is that the vast majority of AI viewers either A-Don't understand what they mean by "arrangement" and just think to themselves "wow, he made that his own!" or, B- Don't discuss AI with an online community like we do so they are unaware that David's "creations" aren't really his own. He's getting credit most of the time for something that he didn't even do. He just performed it. Part of the thing that people like so much about him is that he performs songs in unique ways. Sadly, he's not the one that made it all that unique in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post

Kristy-Sorry Ian, but I thought it was the ULTIMATE in cheese, she sounded better than in the past but it was an odd song choice, it just was boring to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Bee View Post

Kristy Lee Cook - Speaking of cheesy...this song is ultimate CHEESE! It should be left to fireworks shows and stuff like that. I know it's 'American' Idol...but UGH. She'll get a lot of votes for it...which is the worst part of all
    THANK YOU! I got on TMZ before the show to see what everyone was singing ahead of time. When I read "God Bless the USA" I laughed very loudly. We sang this song in the 2nd grade. It's one of the most overplayed songs of all time. Kristy just made herself look more like a country bumpkin. It was a terrible song choice in my book... no matter what the judges say. She can't even pull of ONE RUN! She keeps trying and her voice just can't do it. GRRR! She makes me angry.
    Last edited by Melanie; 03-26-2008 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Removed quoted link
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poeticeclipse View Post
    Yes! Exactly! The problem is that the vast majority of AI viewers either A-Don't understand what they mean by "arrangement" and just think to themselves "wow, he made that his own!" or, B- Don't discuss AI with an online community like we do so they are unaware that David's "creations" aren't really his own. He's getting credit most of the time for something that he didn't even do. He just performed it. Part of the thing that people like so much about him is that he performs songs in unique ways. Sadly, he's not the one that made it all that unique in the first place.

THANK YOU! I got on TMZ before the show to see what everyone was singing ahead of time. When I read "God Bless the USA" I laughed very loudly. We sang this song in the 2nd grade. It's one of the most overplayed songs of all time. Kristy just made herself look more like a country bumpkin. It was a terrible song choice in my book... no matter what the judges say. She can't even pull of ONE RUN! She keeps trying and her voice just can't do it. GRRR! She makes me angry.
    Well, Seacrest did announce it as the chris cornell version this week. And another week (can't remember which song) David himself, said it was someone elses version.

Personally, I prefer David's voice to Chris Cornells so I really liked it.

And I don't think his version of "Hello" was really a cover of someone elses version. I mean, anyone with a guitar could make sound like that. What he did turned out great!

I think he is taking a risk by doing lesser known versions of these songs. And he's quite talented musically. He may not have the best voice (but it's still better than Daughtry...ugh) but he has more charisma than most of the contestants. I really like him. I want him to come in 2nd place.

I agree about Kristy. She's no good. She tries but she fails.
    June 1987 Offsite WDW
    June 1991 Offsite WDW

Post Thanks / Like

MARYANNE!!! I was kidding!

You didn't actually think I'd want to hear Archuletta sing Unskinny Bop, did you?? HA HA HA HA HA!! That's actually kinda funny ...
    HAHAHAH To be honest I didn't know WHAT to think. I was like... what the heck kind of list is that? Has this man lost his mind?????
    Good one.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: