Quantcast Thoughts on the Villas and FW Cabin?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thoughts on the Villas and FW Cabin?

Anyone have any opinions or insights amongst the 5 villas and the FW Cabin, for a trip with 6?
    Dec 2005 - CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't stayed in any of the Villas but did stay in FW cabin with 4 adults and 2 small children. Weren't really too cramped but closet situation was a problem. There is only a closet in the bedroom. My husband and I who used the Murphy bed had to live out of our suitcases and try to keep them neat and out of the way when everyone was up. We only stayed there for 4 nights and think any longer would have gotten on everyone's nerves!

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with 1 or 2 bedroom villa for a party of 6. Depending on the age of the party. I would just prefer a hotel atmosphere to that of a cabin.
    74-79 poly w/parents
    99' WL - 00' WL- 01' WL - 02' WL - 03' WL
    04' WL - 04' AS Sports - FEB 05' WL - May 05' POR
    Sept 05' POR cancelled/Katrina
    Oct 05' BCV, Mardi Gras 06' WLV
    Labor day 06 SSR, November 06, Dec POR, Aug 07 BCV, Feb 08 WLV
    Easter 08 OKW, Labor Day 08CBR,Nov08 SSR, Next feb09?

Post Thanks / Like

I've never stayed at the FW cabins, but I have stayed in a 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom villa at OKW. We absolutely loved the villas. We didn't not feel cramped and it was very spacious. OKW is a great resort, and among the villas supposively the largest rooms.
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Villas vs Cabins

We found the conveneince and size, depending upon the number of guests, the villas were much better. However cabins are kinda unique amongst the trees at FW. The boss ( my wife) won't cabin any more.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed in the cabins each of the past 5 years with 4 adults and two kids. Each time we stay for a week and love it! We like how quiet it is, all the things to do in FW, and the ability to save a few bucks by eating breakfast in and cooking out on the grill a couple nights. Plus, where else at a Disney hotel can you just sit on the deck (maybe enjoying a good beverage) and your kids are outdoors playing. The only two downsides for us is the storage for clothing is minimal and the pools are just standard and not themed. These two items are not enough to keep us from going back. It is a great value and we always say it is the best-kept secret at DW.
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06
    FW Cabins May '06
    Offsite June '99
    FW Campsite Aug '79
    Contemporary '76

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donald's Girl View Post
    Haven't stayed in any of the Villas but did stay in FW cabin with 4 adults and 2 small children. Weren't really too cramped but closet situation was a problem. There is only a closet in the bedroom. My husband and I who used the Murphy bed had to live out of our suitcases and try to keep them neat and out of the way when everyone was up. We only stayed there for 4 nights and think any longer would have gotten on everyone's nerves!
    Agreed! We had 4 adults and 2 kids this past Nov and have decided that although we LOVED FW, we would only stay in the cabins again if we had two as there is hardly ANY place to store things. We had on in a pack'n'play which even more limited space.

FW is loads of fun and we would stay there again in the cabins but only our immediate family.

We have also stayed at the family suites at ASMu and loved that as well. Kids can go to be early and we stay up!

Haven't tried the villas yet... maybe this next summer!
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

If you need two bathrooms and have the money, then you may want to go with the villas, since you'll need at least a 2BR villa with 6 people It can be expensive (at least $610 per night during value season). The 1br villas only accommodate four people (plus maybe an infant).

If you need to stretch your vacation dollars or if you want to stay in a quieter location, then do the FW cabin. Rates start at $255 per night value season, so you'll pay less than half of the rate of a 2br villa. I've considered the FW cabins too and have heard good things about them.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

We loved the cabins. It was so nice to have the quiet and peacefulness surrounding us. The only thing I didn't like was the bus situation.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

We lodged at the cabins with four adults, one teenager, and a 9 year old. It was very crowded, and with only one bathroom, getting ready in the mornings took a long time.

If you can afford the villas, I would do that for sure. You won't miss anything that the cabins can offer, and you will save countless time everyday getting everyone going, and everyone will have much more privacy.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the privacy issue of the cabins, very nice but very intimate. I have stayed in a 2 BR DVC resort and it is amazing, we stayed with 8 pp ( six adults and 2 children) and it was the perfect size. I don't know how much they are going for for your dates, but you might want to look into ajoining rooms also.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: