Quantcast Spa Advice Please!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Spa Advice Please!

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I will be spending a couple of child free days at CS in February and we're wondering about getting a massage at the La Vida Massage and Fitness center. Has anyone been there, and if so did you like it? We thought about going to one of the other places, but they appear to be run by the same company, so we didn't know what would be different. We initially wanted to go and try the spa at GF, but the prices were way higher and we wanted to be closer to our resort as well.

Thanks for any advice.

Scott

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We plan to go NK (no kids), in February also, and thought about using the spa at CS, as well. Hope someone answers your question.
    ASSp, ASMovies, POP
    CSR, POR, CBR
    WL, YC/BC

Post Thanks / Like

Default :)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpypima View Post
    We plan to go NK (no kids), in February also, and thought about using the spa at CS, as well. Hope someone answers your question.
    Maybe the intercot community doesn't like massages.

wdw1985

Post Thanks / Like

I've never been to that spa. I've been to the spas at the GF, SSR & the Dolphin. I prefer the one at SSR. The one in the Dolphin was pretty good too. I won't go back to the Gf. I've done it twice, and didn't like it either time.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

With the exception of Mandara over at the Swan/Dolphin, the spa services are provided by Nikki Bryan. There are some differences in the locations, but mainly it's the overall setup and expanded offerings. The GF and SSR both offer "full service" spas. Their menu has more treatments to choose from and they're a bit more upscale with some extras in the relaxation area. For example, they have a men's only and women's only steam room, sauna and whirlpool. The other locations are referred to as massage and fitness centers. They're basically set up like a regular fitness center, with a shared sauna, steam room and whirlpool. The treatment rooms are usually off the hallway instead of being in a dedicated area.

The treatment themselves are comparable, regardless of which Nikki Bryan location you choose. You'll pay more at the GF and SSR primarily because of the little extras that they offer. I think you'll be happy with the massage you get at the CSR.

I haven't checked out the prices at the Mandara Spa, but they are a sponsor of INTERCOT and offers our members here a 20% discount. Their link is over on the left hand side of this page if you want to check them out. If you get a price close to the CSR with the discount, I'd definitely choose Mandara. The setup looks absolutely incredible and an experience in itself.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry, I haven't had a massage at CS before, stayed at the resort 2 or 3 times, had a manicure, used the fitness center, but no massage!
    I've had one a WL and they bring the people over from GF and SSR to do them. So, I believe the only difference would be in the rooms/amenities provided. The masseuse should be great.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had massages at CS, WL and at the GF. To be honest, I preferred the one at Sturdy Branches at WL the best and have been back for a second! GF was "way posh" but busy....CS very gym like (as is WL) but I could hear people working out (grunting) as I got a massage = not very relaxing......hope it helps!
    ---------------------------------
    DVC Member Since 04/08 Animal Kingdom Villas

CS 5/2010, SS 4/2010, AKV 11/2009, BW 5/2009,
    SS 2/2009, SS 10/2008, POR 7/2008, WC 8/2007
    POR 12/2006, POR 10/2005, POR 10/2004, FW 10/2002
    FW 10/1993, OS 12/1989

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: