Quantcast Disneyland Mark VII Monorail Trains - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting that link, I wish the camera would have stayed inside the car more. I have made a night journey on the Monorail so the sights were not new to me. I wanted to see the cool interior all lit up more!

Looking forward to taking my first ride on Red in October!

I just hope ther are no more problems!

Any chance we will see another new train by October?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney View Post
    Any chance we will see another new train by October?
    Oh, my magic 8 ball says chances are VERY
    good.

Not to sound like I've already driven "Blue" & it was
    absolutely outrageous or something.

Tonight, the part of Al will be played by a tall, dark and sinister ugly man.

Post Thanks / Like

Blue is my favorite color!

How cool for you!

Post Thanks / Like

Since summer started, how many monorails have they had going? Last time I went, there was just the one with the Dreams on it going (when I saw BronxTigger). I'm so far behind in info these days since I've been under the weather a couple months now. Been missing my favorite place.

Those pictures are awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

FYI, Monorail Red was running PACKED with guests for much of the day yesterday!

Of course, leave it to my son to decide that he did NOT want to ride the monorail yesterday.

Monorail "Purple" was also running, so it would have only been a 50/50 chance we'd have gotten the new one anyway if we had gotten in line, but it was very cool to FINALLY see the train full of PEOPLE.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't get a glimpse of the new monorail while we were there June 30-July 3, however, when we rode the old one, (emphasis on ONE), employees there told us that the new one would be ready within the week, of course after we left, and another one within 3 weeks, and another one by the end of the year! The old "ONE" is the only ONE they have left and it was the ONE running. It will be good to see 3 new monorails running!!! Red, Orange and Purple from what sources (employees) told us. Very cool!!!!

Vickie
    "Dead men tell no tales"

Post Thanks / Like

I know the second addition to the fleet will be Blue, but I haven't heard about the color of the third.

DoomBuggyDude any info?

Post Thanks / Like

I read somewhere (don't remember where) that the third would be Orange.
    Geaux Tigers!

Last Trip: Honeymoon at DL and So. Cal. CityPass 5/27 - 6/2/2007

Next trip: WDW 9/6-12/2009 @ Pop for DD's 4th birthday!

Follow the trip on Twitter: scottinwdw.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard an official word on the
    third train color.

Traditionally it would be Orange or Purple.

With this phasic paint I'm hoping for Orange
    because it will be very difficult to tell the
    difference between Purple and Blue under
    certain lighting conditions.
    Tonight, the part of Al will be played by a tall, dark and sinister ugly man.

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got to go in the park last Friday for first time since April. I was excited to find that the new Monorail was running and got to sit in the front with the driver and with 4 other people. I'll try to get my pictures up tonight.

I asked the driver what the monorail colors were supposed to be and I thought he said blue and the 3rd one was suppose to be Purple to replace the dreams one running now, but don't hold me to that one.

When we started to get into the cars, the CM said that only 15 were allowed in each car. I don't know if this is normal. It looked like it could sit more. One thing they did tell me is that they aren't suppose to be running the new monorails if its over 80 degrees since the windows only pop open from the bottom, not like they used too. It was about 85 when I was there, so maybe that's why they were only allowing 15 in each car. The front and back cars are air conditioned. I asked if there would be a solution to the air conditioning problem. At least for this summer they do have the dreams monorail going. The others unfortunately are gone for good. They are thinking of trying to put a swamp cooler type system between the cars that might help with the problem, but not sure.

I like the two new monitors they have for the drivers. Couldn't see what he was looking at, but I would think it would be better for them. I do like how it rides and how it looks.

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

The 3rd monorail to arrive at the resort should be Orange (with a bluish tint to the windows) but I would not expect to see Orange arrive for a while, until they can officially retire Mark V Purple.

The new Mark VII monorails can hold more than 15 passengers per car (total train capacity is 120 passengers I believe- slightly less than the 132 on a Mark V) but for now monorail operations are capping the capacity at 15 in the middle cars, and perhaps DoomBuggyDude can confirm but I think it's up to 5 passengers in the nose cone and 7 in the tail (where it's comfortably air conditioned)

And not only are there plenty of fancy new monitors for the Monorail pilots, but what look like some cushy new seats too, and really shiny, silvery controls!

Post Thanks / Like

I rode the new monorail twice. First was last week in a regular cab car. The second was on Tuesday of this week, in the front car with the driver.

It was awfully hot the first time, WELL over 80 degrees, and I agree, the car was very warm, but the ride is very brisk and there is enough of a breeze while the train is moving that it was comfortable. Plus, there were only 6 of us in the car, so that probably helped.

The second time, in the front, it was nice and cool. I don't really understand why they couldn't just A/C the whole train, like they do at WDW? I am sure it has to do with how the original trains were engineered, but it would have been nice.

One thing I did notice is that, although that blue tint does not allow one to see IN to the cars much from the outside, it does not provide much actual tint from the sun when inside the car (which I found odd). It was rather bright inside the cars. I liked the new cars overall. Much cleaner and more spacious looking, and I loved the "mood lighting" inside.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I don't really understand why they couldn't just A/C the whole train, like they do at WDW? I am sure it has to do with how the original trains were engineered, but it would have been nice.
    It also may have to do with the fact that that the WDW Monorail is "full scale" and the Disneyland version is 3/4 scale which doesn't leave much room for AC equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

I finally remember to get my pictures together of the front inside of Monorail red. I also took a picture from underneath to see the pop out windows better.

Monorail Red Front Car

I meet Varcity for lunch on Friday and we wrote it back to Downtown Disney. This time I got better pictures of the drivers screens. We let the dream monorail go by and waited for Monorail Red. We noticed in the park monorail station what they do when its the new one coming in, they stop the line and only allow 15 into each car in the queue line. Everybody else stays at the entrance. When the Dream monorail came, they let everybody in.

Here's the 2 pics of the driver's console that's pretty cool:

Monorail Driver 1 Pic

Monorail Driver 2 Pic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chescat View Post
    I finally remember to get my pictures together of the front inside of Monorail red. I also took a picture from underneath to see the pop out windows better.

Monorail Red Front Car

I meet Varcity for lunch on Friday and we wrote it back to Downtown Disney. This time I got better pictures of the drivers screens. We let the dream monorail go by and waited for Monorail Red. We noticed in the park monorail station what they do when its the new one coming in, they stop the line and only allow 15 into each car in the queue line. Everybody else stays at the entrance. When the Dream monorail came, they let everybody in.

Here's the 2 pics of the driver's console that's pretty cool:

Monorail Driver 1 Pic

Monorail Driver 2 Pic

Thanks for posting! I can't wait to ride the new Monorail!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I just LOVE the new look.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very impressed by the new monorails.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know what the flaw is or was. Also do you think the will replace the ones in DW

Thanks
    ---------------------------------
    DVC Member Since 04/08 Animal Kingdom Villas

CS 5/2010, SS 4/2010, AKV 11/2009, BW 5/2009,
    SS 2/2009, SS 10/2008, POR 7/2008, WC 8/2007
    POR 12/2006, POR 10/2005, POR 10/2004, FW 10/2002
    FW 10/1993, OS 12/1989

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DestinationWDW View Post
    Does anyone know what the flaw is or was. Also do you think the will replace the ones in DW

Thanks
    There was some problem with the clearing in the undercarriage and the bend in the track.

It's doubtful they will change the WDW Monorails since they are full-size.

There is full discussion on the Disneyland Monorails going on here, please direct further discussion to that thread.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: