My cousin adopted a little boy when he was just over a year old. He is now about 6, but for the last 5 years things have been very rough for her. She is a single mother that wanted a child more than anything in the world.
She would bring her son to the doctor because we all knew somthing was not quite right... but did not know what it was. There were tantrums, times that we thought he was ignoring us even though we were talking right to him, break downs when he did not eat a certain food at the exact time he wanted it...
Just last year a new doctor diagnosed him with Asperger's. I would like some help understanding what this is so I can help them plan a Disney trip. They would like to go next year and they asked me for suggestions for the trip. I would love to help with her DS too.

He is now attending classes to help him in social situations and to help him communicate. He is able to speak but has a hard time expressing himself. We did find out that part of the reason we thought he was ignoring us is that he does not understand things that are not worded very clear. For instance if we would say "time to go" he would ignore us. We now have to say "go get in the car so we can go home". Everything has to be crystal clear.

Thanks!!