Quantcast Whose going out on Black Friday? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Last year was the first year I missed a black friday since I was a young teen.(I was on my way to wdw) I'll be out this year as we aren't leaving for the world till saturday. Nothing has really caught my eye yet (waiting on walmart's to come out monday) but I'll still go just to go. I love it.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Smiles View Post
    Not living in the States, how can you people get up so early to go shopping the morning after Thanksgiving? I can't imagine it. I've been looking at some of the sale flyers and can't say that I have seen that many great sales. Granted a few good items, but with limited quantities available.
    I think Disney Store is opening at 4:30 or 5:00AM. I know some are scheduled in to work at 4:00AM. No Way. I don't need excitement that bad.
    SteveL

Post Thanks / Like

I've never gone shopping on Black Friday, but last year some friends got a great deal on a plasma tv, so that has tempted me to want to do the same this year.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

I only started going out on Black Friday and.... .... I somewhat enjoyed it! First, though, here in our county in NJ we have "Blue Laws", so even on Black Friday the stores can't open until 6 am (which I found out while sitting in the parking lot of Kohl's my first BF at 5 am!! oops! ) So, now I know I don't have to be up at some totally crazy hour. But, I just couldn't help but laugh at people - some have this down to a science! The go in teams, have the cell phones going - it was too funny!

But, I remember now the first time I went was in 2005 and I really went out to get a great deal on digital camera (we were leaving for WDW the following week) - it was totally worth it!

I'm not sure, though, if I'll go this year, as we've already gotten Con's main gift (the Wii) and the rest of his stuff probably won't be on sale - but, I'll check the ads just in case!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather die than go shopping that day... YIKES! I'll be in Orlando instead
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

I have gone out on BF a couple times in the past, my Mom and Sister in law go every year. I hope to be done most of my shopping before then this year.

Everyone going out...be safe, the crowds can be dangerous!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am going out for the 1st time ever this year! The good thing is that so far there is nothing I have to get. My co-worker and I are going shopping and then going into work for 8:30AM.

I will be tired Friday night!
    Karen

DVC Owners at SSR & BLT
    1994-Offsite Honeymoon
    2003-May ASM-1st Time for Kids
    2005-Feb AKL
    2006-May SSR
    2006-Aug OKW
    2007-May VWL
    2007-Aug SSR
    2008- May BWV
    2009- Aug Cruise (Wonder) & WDW
    2009 -Dec Last minute Christmas trip
    2010-May BLT

2011- Aug- DISNEY DREAM!!!!!

mttafire Guest

[QUOTE=Terra;1474489]So I'm guessing that means no "Christmas suprises" now....

LOL, No Christmas suprises! Both our kids were born in late summer so i never had that infamous Christmas suprise.
    We really do enjoy the early Friday shopping though. It was a family tradition for both our families.

Post Thanks / Like

My son started doing this in 02 w/ a friend and now I'm his "partner in crime" Then we got his sisters into it and we have a lot of fun. I don't know of anything we need or want this year but I love to go a little later and get the great prices on DVD's and other little extras. Last year I picked up a 2gig flash drive for $20. We usually have a plan when we go, ppl have assigned duties if there is something we want. It's fun, the last couple years we started @ midnight and ended about 7:30am, then we go home with our loot and go back to sleep!
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

I go out every Black Friday. This year, we will be leaving our house at 3am to travel down to Disney, so I am not able to go. However, I keep joking with my husband that I can go out at midnight, when our outlet centers open. Then I can go right from shopping to Disney!!
    Off-Site 1989
    Carribean Beach 2001
    Port Orleans 2004
    POP Nov 2007
    House Rental for 7 nights/Port Orleans for 5 nights Aug 2010

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there! Its always me and my sister, but I'm usually the one who needs the items. Target has a digital camera on sale and I really want to get DS a new one. But Toys R Us has a Zune on sale, and that would be good for DH. And then at Best Buy . . . Well you get the picture. I do not know how I am going to be at 3 different stores at the same time!!!! I warned DH that he may have to help this year. He was so NOT thrilled! I heard something about having the plaque or needed an emergency appendictomy! Gotta love them!
    My Disney Trips:
    Disney World as a kid
    1991 - Offsite (Honeymoon)
    2001 - ASMu
    2001 - ASSp
    2002 - CSR
    2003 - ASSp
    2005 - ASSp
    2006 - ASSp
    2007 - AKL
    9/9-18 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I normally like to go out on Black Friday because if you plan enough then you really can get some good deals. When I lived in OH I went with my mom and aunt, but down here I normally go by myself. I don’t really have plans to go this year, mainly because I’m working my part-time job at JC Penney’s from 6pm to 12:30am on Friday so I figured that I would get enough of the crowds at work. However I am in the market for a digital camera so if I see a good deal in an ad then I may wake up early for that and then go back home to sleep before work.

Everybody who is braving the crowds before work, stay safe! It can get dangerous out there on BF!
    șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I already posted in this thread but then didn't see it...I think I really am losing my mind!

Anyway, I don't really do any heavy duty shopping, but I love to go and sit in the food court at the mall and people watch on this day!!! There are some interesting characters! I've even seen people doing the infamous "tug and pull" fighting over a 'last' item!! It's too funny!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by one2goofy View Post
    If you go to Google and type it in, you can already see the ads...I was checking them out online last night! Good luck!
    Wow - thanks for this tip!
    I've gone every year for the last 8 or 9 years. Last year my 2 DD's and I were really disappointed in the lack of good sales and thought we wouldn't go out this year. But tonight on the national news they said that there would be really great sales on clothes.
    Since I have 2 teenage DD's, I think we will give it another try.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

Oh gah me and mom always are out the door by 430-5am on black friday! Its not even buying for others so much as people watching a picking up a few things for ourselves, and we usually knock out our shopping for each other when we split up! We are going to see my family in Augusta Ga this year so we will be people watching up there with my aunt and cousin in tow! I absolutely love it! There is a great website I've found its www.blackfriday.info and its got alot of the adds already somehow! Happy Shopping!
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

I have been a faithful black friday shopper for many years. It's been a tradition with my Dad. I have to work this year so I won't be going.

The Prime Outlets Mall here is opening at midnight on black friday. This is the second year in a row they are doing it. Craziness I tell you.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if I'm going out this year or not. So far there hasn't been anything that's caught my eye. Our local paper ran an article saying that the Black Friday discounts are not that deep this year, so maybe I'll skip it.

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

It would have to be a great deal to get me to the stores on Black Friday. I've only gone out once -- many years ago to get the three boys those razor scooters. It was busy -- but very well worth it.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Default For the Canadians

Do any of the Canadians cross over the border to go shopping on Black Friday? If so, which border and what are the traffic lines like?
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

My mother and I have been going out on Black Friday for years. We will be at Wal-mart at 5am!!!!!Then we go eat breakfast and shop some more at other stores, and then we go home and take a nap.

Jen
    Offsite: 1977-1990's
    96- CB
    00-ASM
    May 01-Honeymoon- BC
    Feb 02-ASS
    Mar 04- ASM
    Feb 05-SS
    Nov 06-SS
    July 2007-SS
    Mar 08-SSR
    SSR Mar 09